• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/PSV) Out March 15th (North America)

Shizuka

cu7pa5Bh.jpg

https://twitter.com/xseedgames/status/702933079514443776

Shizuka

Canadian price is a tad high, but they're giving a lot more with this launch edition compared to Shinovi Versus.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Having sunken entirely too much time into the import versions, let me just note that the Vita version, while still good, does suffer from framerate issues -Shinovi Versus runs much smoother in comparison- and does not display as many enemies on-screen at the same time as the PS4 version. The PS4 version also offers 10P multiplayer and lets you customize/use up to five characters in the photo mode at the same time, versus the Vita version's three.

Basically if you're deciding between which version to get, the PS4 version is noticeably better for the framerate alone.

Would also recommend cranking that difficulty level up and playing on hard, although you will encounter some frustrating situations with normal(!) enemies killing you very quickly. Dynasty Warriors this is not.

Having sunken entirely too much time into the import versions, let me just note that the Vita version, while still good, does suffer from framerate issues -Shinovi Versus runs much smoother in comparison- and does not display as many enemies on-screen at the same time as the PS4 version. The PS4 version also offers 10P multiplayer and lets you customize/use up to five characters in the photo mode at the same time, versus the Vita version's three.

Basically if you're deciding between which version to get, the PS4 version is noticeably better for the framerate alone.

Also those Vita load times.

Not great.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Also those Vita load times.

Not great.

Yeah, that too. That wouldn't sway me towards the PS4 version over the Vita version, though. Performance is the biggest difference maker for me. I'm still getting the U.S. version on both platforms.

Yeah, that too. That wouldn't sway me towards the PS4 version over the Vita version, though. Performance is the biggest difference maker for me. I'm still getting the U.S. version on both platforms.

Absolutely. I'm saying the combination of both long ass load times and mediocre performance.

Ugghhh.

muteki

Imported PS4 version, picking up US Vita version for portability sake.

Fully expect amazon to ship the CE box in silly bubblewrap again.

Tapejara

Canadian price is a tad high, but they're giving a lot more with this launch edition compared to Shinovi Versus.

The Canadian price is actually pretty reasonable ($74.99 CAD vs $59.99 USD). I mean, I'd rather be paying $59.99 CAD, but it's better than games like Nights of Azure which have gone up go $84.99 CAD.

18-Volt

I hope all of you guys choosing PS4 won't give XSEED wrong idea about Vita. There are still tons of Vita games they need to bring.

I'm going with Vita version, for me, portability outweighs better framerate and loading times. March will be a great month for Vita: This, Aegis of Earth, Trillion, Dead or Alive X3...

I hope all of you guys choosing PS4 won't give XSEED wrong idea about Vita. There are still tons of Vita games they need to bring.

I'm going with Vita version, for me, portability outweighs better framerate and loading times. March will be a great month for Vita: This, Aegis of Earth, Trillion, Dead or Alive X3...

Well you know I love the Vita, but it's hard to resist oppai in HD. This has been one game that pushed me to buy a PS4 last year, it can finally reach its true potential.

Trillion and Aegis are on my radar for Vita of course

XSEED just needs to announce Luminous Arc, Valkyrie Drive, Net High, Tokyo Xanadu

I'll buy them all

Nyoro SF

Yeah I imported the Vita version. IMO that was a mistake, the lag is horrendous. If you don't care about performance then feel free, but if you're worried about it then the PS4 version should be your goal.

Vlaphor

I just preordered it on Amazon, but it looks like that version doesn't come with the Daikamura like it seems the EU version does. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Vlaphor

Ehh..ok. Not a big deal, don't need anymore daikamu....not at all interested in anime body pillows.

Also, it seems that I've been spelling it wrong. Not in a big way, but I keep getting it confused with Dai Maki Mura aka Ghouls and Ghosts.

Producer

This reads like PR

Nice, I just Platinumed Shinovi Versus last week. Ready for more.

Congrats, dude.

Seems my recommendation worked XD

Is it really that bad? I'd normally default to Vita but apparently the PS4 digital version is only $10 more ($50 vs. $40), so I might consider that one instead.

I'm sure there's a video comparing the two versions, so you can just look it up and judge it yourself.

Edit: Here it is

Pejo

Awesome, in for PS4 version. These games are a guilty pleasure. I really enjoy the combat. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As a totally unrelated note, is there an "invisible" status on PS4 yet? or a way to hide recent trophies on your activity feed?

Top Bottom