• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/PSV) Out March 15th (North America)

Vex_

Banned
Outstanding.

So uhhh.. this game is actually coming out? Like, REALLY coming out? Like, in its full glory or what? I stopped following the game since like last year because it wouldve burnt me out waiting on it.

I'd hate to be disappointed.... if something ended up being snipped from our version.

Shizuka

Outstanding.

So uhhh.. this game is actually coming out? Like, REALLY coming out? Like, in its full glory or what? I stopped following the game since like last year because it wouldve burnt me out waiting on it.

I'd hate to be disappointed.... if something ended up being snipped from our version.

No censorship whatsoever.

Outstanding.

Marvelous said neither version would have "major changes". They also promised to be upfront with changes during the localization process and never mentioned anything, so it should be fine.

Outstanding.

Aside from the usual (no ages in the profiles) and the lack of the Ikkitousen crossover DLC (due to the licensor saying no), no edits.

Tohsaka

Outstanding.

Nothing removed other than ages from profiles, same as usual for the series.

amazon prime discount?

Yes, the PS4 version is $48 for me.

yep, for some reason it wasnt showing up at first but after the discount and a $25 GC I will have life and much hometown for my vita at the cost of $17.49

yesssss

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
sad that the ikkitousen characters wont be brought over, but still excited to play this again.

jwk94

So I played Shinovi Versus, who are these new girls? I see an old lady, someone with a drum? Are they in-universe or crossover characters?

mankoto

So I played Shinovi Versus, who are these new girls? I see an old lady, someone with a drum? Are they in-universe or crossover characters?

New in-universe characters for the game. The "old lady" you're referring to is Sayrui, Asuka's grandmother.

Risette

A Good Citizen
so does the regular version come with all the extras? If so looks like I'm not getting it from amazon because it'll probably come flattened in a bubble mailer

Eolz

New in-universe characters for the game. The "old lady" you're referring to is Sayrui, Asuka's grandmother.

And also the only person Hanzo is scared of!
latest

Vex_

Banned
No censorship whatsoever.

Marvelous said neither version would have "major changes". They also promised to be upfront with changes during the localization process and never mentioned anything, so it should be fine.

Aside from the usual (no ages in the profiles) and the lack of the Ikkitousen crossover DLC (due to the licensor saying no), no edits.

That is really super.

So no ikki girls? Meh. They are generic in comparison to the kagura girls anyways.

Type-Zero

Can't wait to play this. I'm still sad that we will not be able to play with the three girls from Ikkitousen. But I'm going to support xseed this time instead of importing the game like I did for shinovi vs.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Now my dilemma is that I preordered the NA version ages ago but seeing how close the EU release is I might just cancel that to support the local one.

What to do... what to do...

Is there any word on who will fill those character slots?

And if not, who would you want?

I'd love for some New Wave characters but that may be better left to a spin off game. (TPS with water guns is a perfect fit for the series)

Man, I know I'll enjoy playing more on the Vita, but the PS4 seems like it has significant improvements I'd like to experience as well... :/
I have far fewer opportunities to play single player PS4 games as well.

Is there any word on who will fill those character slots?

And if not, who would you want?

I'd love for some New Wave characters but that may be better left to a spin off game. (TPS with water guns is a perfect fit for the series)

I personally don't care for the characters themselves, I just want the moveset. So any generic placeholder I'd be fine with. A New Wave character would be even better

I'd doubt it'd even happen though.

So... does this game series have story? Should I play the previous game shinovi versus first?

Getting to know the characters is probably the most important part of the story. But if you don't mind missing some of the baggage or you don't want to spend the money, you can probably just skip Shinovi Versus.

Oh, I believe it was mentioned that they'd be skinned as generic ninjas for people outside of Japan

I know this might make me sound crazy, but I would totally still buy those generic ninjas if it means getting those move sets

KyleCross

I'd be willing to pick this up out of curiosity like I did Onechanbara ZII, but full priced $60? I'm guessing that's cause it comes with a couple extra physical goods compared to Onechanbara? Don't think I'm willing to go full price on this, especially after dropping $50 on Onechanbara by the same publisher and it's now below $20 and still available. Safe to say with how niche these games are the physical editions actually aren't limited at all. Say it's a good bet this physical version will be as cheap in 6 months?

Top Bottom