• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/PSV) Out March 15th (North America)

I started watching the trailer and she pooped out a scroll and so I turned it off.

I dunno, I'm not in the mood for that sort of thing this early in the day.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not true. If you are OK with SV on vita, you'll be fine with EV.

I disagree with you here. The Vita version isn't garbage or anything, but performance-wise, it is not as good as SV was. The framerate is noticeably worse. Nothing that stopped me from playing it though.

I started watching the trailer and she pooped out a scroll and so I turned it off.

I dunno, I'm not in the mood for that sort of thing this early in the day.

Are you saying your in the mood for pooping scrolls at other times of the day

giphy.gif

I disagree with you here. The Vita version isn't garbage or anything, but performance-wise, it is not as good as SV was. The framerate is noticeably worse. Nothing that stopped me from playing it though.

Honestly, even if the vita version of EV's performance was the same as SV. The fact that I can play a better performing version anyway.

I can't not get the PS4 version

Producer

I was planning to buy the vita version but it seems it runs poorly... Too bad, I loved playing SV on vita. But it's the kind of game I don't mind playing on a big screen (unlike VN for example).

If you have a ps4 there really isnt a reason to go for the vita unless you just really value portability, even at the expense of game features and performance.

Are there any gameplay improvements in this? I tried the last one, but quickly got bored due to the homogenized movesets and annoying clothes cutscenes. The characters all felt much too similar, and it was hard to stay motivated and try them all.

Eolz

But Homura

Respect your authority
latest

He knows.

Are there any gameplay improvements in this? I tried the last one, but quickly got bored due to the homogenized movesets and annoying clothes cutscenes. The characters all felt much too similar, and it was hard to stay motivated and try them all.

Compared to SV? Yeah. It's still kind of close to the Warriors gameplay, but it's a lot more fluid, a bit less repetitive, and more interesting with more moves and objectives.
SK2 is still my favorite in terms of gameplay though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I swear between this and and DOA Xtreme 3 which comes out 2 weeks later... Endless Summer indeed.

Hoping they have more Asuka x Homura shipping moments in this. :D

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I swear between this and and DOA Xtreme 3 which comes out 2 weeks later... Endless Summer indeed.

Hoping they have more Asuka x Homura shipping moments in this. :D
March is the fucking lewdest month, I swear. It's great. Let's just hope shipping times for DOAX3 don't make it spill over into April. My birthday is right before the EU launch of this too ( ≖‿≖)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
March is the fucking lewdest month, I swear. It's great. Let's just hope shipping times for DOAX3 don't make it spill over into April. My birthday is right before the EU launch of this too ( ≖‿≖)

Nice! (*^▽^*)

Chesskid1

Banned
i think i'll go ahead and order this game for vita.

basically i love rhythm games and bon appetit was on sale for $8 a few months ago, so i gave it a shot. i actually really enjoyed it, and started to like a few of the characters (ugh). i don't really like things like this (anime) but why not? bon appetit ended up being my first vita platinum and i thought some of the story/characters were funny/enjoyable so might as well try the mainline series.

looking forward to it.

i think i'll go ahead and order this game for vita.

basically i love rhythm games and bon appetit was on sale for $8 a few months ago, so i gave it a shot. i actually really enjoyed it, and started to like a few of the characters (ugh). i don't really like things like this (anime) but why not? bon appetit ended up being my first vita platinum and i thought some of the story/characters were funny/enjoyable so might as well try the mainline series.

looking forward to it.

You can totally play this for the characters only and not for the lewd. Sure they'll be naked at some point and make some innuendos, but there's definitely more to it.

Purchased via Amazon with my Prime account. Do Prime members get delivery date shipping? I don't remember seeing an option to select it. Also, what's Prime shipping usually? USPS? FedEx? UPS?

Jayne

Purchased via Amazon with my Prime account. Do Prime members get delivery date shipping? I don't remember seeing an option to select it. Also, what's Prime shipping usually? USPS? FedEx? UPS?

They should offer release date delivery, but my current order still hasn't got an estimated delivery date. I guess we'll see as the 15th draws closer.

As for who it will ship through. Totally depends where you are. I have had all three on separate occasions. (Though recently it has been USPS a lot for me)

Amiibro

Just got this email a little bit ago :

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Endless Summer Edition - PlayStation Vita"
Estimated arrival date: March 15, 2016

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Weird, my bb order just shipped for the vita version. They don't usually ship this early for release day shipping.

KyleCross

Weird, my bb order just shipped for the vita version. They don't usually ship this early for release day shipping.

Mine's preparing for shipment, PS4 version. I was also surprised to see it is completely sold out on BestBuy.com. Not available for shipping or store pick-up (Vita version still available for shipping). Guess you all were right about it actually being limited.

Just got this email a little bit ago :

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Endless Summer Edition - PlayStation Vita"
Estimated arrival date: March 15, 2016
Boo. My order still hadn't updated so I emailed customer service asking why I wasn't being offered release date shipping and they apologized and said all they could do was offer 1 day shipping (I get it the next day) free of charge and $5 credit.

Very nice package overall. Hopefully more unboxing videos show up soon because the game has been available in some countries (still the NA import version) for a few days now.

I'm still super impressed with the nice high quality box they gave us for Trails of Cold Steel.
XSeed always delivers.

Chesskid1

Banned
ended up ordering the ps4 version instead of vita. that graphic comparison video was too compelling to not do so. i'm ready to try this series.

At least ya'll be able to play the game as soon as it arrives.

I still don't own a PS4, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to make time for Estival due to my game-review schedule.

I've known about this series for a while now and actually enjoy some of the more lewd games out there, yet never gotten into this one. Idk what it was about that Xseed stream, but it got me to order the game soon after.

pariah164

Ugh, they used the same thin cheap boxes again. I await my damaged copies from Amazon.
Thin? The only CEs on my shelf more sturdy than my SV box are my Bravely Default CE and my Trails of Cold Steel CE. I have no issue with it at all. If you want a THIN box, go have a gander at the Stella Glow launch edition, or the P4D standard edition. Now THOSE are thin.

Thin? The only CEs on my shelf more sturdy than my SV box are my Bravely Default CE and my Trails of Cold Steel CE. I have no issue with it at all. If you want a THIN box, go have a gander at the Stella Glow launch edition, or the P4D standard edition. Now THOSE are thin.

Yea thin, they get damaged pretty easily. Was hoping they would go the Cold Steel route.

L.O.R.D

i really hope they fix the framerate issue in the Vita version
it's look below 30 FPS.
i am okey with 30 FPS on a Vita.

strange it's not there in SV.

Top Bottom