• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/PSV) Out March 15th (North America)

bobawesome

I'd be willing to pick this up out of curiosity like I did Onechanbara ZII, but full priced $60? I'm guessing that's cause it comes with a couple extra physical goods compared to Onechanbara? Don't think I'm willing to go full price on this, especially after dropping $50 on Onechanbara by the same publisher and it's now below $20 and still available. Safe to say with how niche these games are the physical editions actually aren't limited at all. Say it's a good bet this physical version will be as cheap in 6 months?

I don't believe I ever saw SV get that low. And looking at Amazon, it's now $90+ for a new copy. You can most likely wait but I wouldn't expect it to pull an Onechanbara.

KyleCross

I don't believe I ever saw SV get that low. And looking at Amazon, it's now $90+ for a new copy. You can most likely wait but I wouldn't expect it to pull an Onechanbara.
I just figured with it being the same niche situation and the same publisher that it would pull the same thing.

Nyoro SF

Er, where is Onechanbara Z2 below 20?

Also whether or not special editions become commonly priced usually happens with overproduction (like with Killer is Dead), but XSEED usually does not overproduce in my experience.

Day 1 for Yumi.
Mt0TAFC.gif

I really shouldn't be spending money on games that I don't even own their respective console for.

But I went ahead and preordered the PS4 version.

Thoraxes

Glad to see they're going to stick the landing on that date!

So many ninjas and so many boobs are coming my way in March.

MrBS

I was not ready for the EU trailer. Marvelous doesn't mess around.

PS4 preorder in at amazon. Day one digital for Vita as well.

Vex_

Banned
Which is rather unfortunate because from the Z series onwards Oneechanbara was super fun.

UQ7oK6g.jpg

Hey, I'm not trying to start nothing but...

Why would they line up for the worst senran? If that were legs CHAN, aka the Kit Kat, aka squeezy squeezy, aka da Blondie, aka NOT ASHAMED!, aka katsuragi...

Then that pic would be accurate. But like I said, not trying to start nothing.

bobawesome

Hey, I'm not trying to start nothing but...

Why would they line up for the worst senran? If that were legs CHAN, aka the Kit Kat, aka squeezy squeezy, aka da Blondie, aka NOT ASHAMED!, aka katsuragi...

Then that pic would be accurate. But like I said, not trying to start nothing.

There's room enough in my heart for both of them. Come to think of it, there's room for everyone. Except Hibari and Minori.

I just figured with it being the same niche situation and the same publisher that it would pull the same thing.

I feel you. I just didn't want you to go in with that expectation and potentially miss out.

SerTapTap

Are people expecting this to sell worse/as bad as Onechanbara because LOL. SK is popular, game is great.

Is this a good enough place in the series to start? Or should I go back a few titles?

Gameplay wise it's the best by far IMO, but you might want to play Shinovi Versus first to get the backstory on the girls. You can basically ignore SK1 since the recap in SV is all you need and Shinovi Versus introduces you to more characters (and does more backstory anyway).

TBH you could probably just read up on the characters on the SK wiki and play EV first though. Biggest problem is that going backwards in the series is hard because each new game is a huge leap. SK->SK2 and SV->EV are major jumps.

PS4 because Vita version sucks.

PS4 version looks legit glorious. Don't you dare get Vita unless it's your only choice

Hastati

Are people expecting this to sell worse/as bad as Onechanbara because LOL. SK is popular, game is great.

Gameplay wise it's the best by far IMO, but you might want to play Shinovi Versus first to get the backstory on the girls. You can basically ignore SK1 since the recap in SV is all you need and Shinovi Versus introduces you to more characters (and does more backstory anyway).

TBH you could probably just read up on the characters on the SK wiki and play EV first though. Biggest problem is that going backwards in the series is hard because each new game is a huge leap. SK->SK2 and SV->EV are major jumps.

PS4 version looks legit glorious. Don't you dare get Vita unless it's your only choice

Great thanks! I'll give shinovi versus a shot.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I have a PS4 and I'll get the Vita version anyway because it's the version I want.
Any reason in particular? This isn't exactly the type of game you'd play on the tube and at home you could still remote play the PS4 version from your Vita.

Shizuka

Any reason in particular? This isn't exactly the type of game you'd play on the tube and at home you could still remote play the PS4 version from your Vita.

Because I have my PS4 for PS4 exclusives, I don't care much for the platform or playing games on my TV.

Shinriji

PS4 because Vita version sucks.

That's some hyperbole. Vita version runs just like SV (with some drops here and there, surprise, just like SV). But the game is way prettier than SV.

Of course, the PS4 looks better, but saying that EV Vita looks like shit is simply not true.

That's some hyperbole. Vita version runs just like SV (with some drops here and there, surprise, just like SV). But the game is way prettier than SV.

Of course, the PS4 looks better, but saying that EV Vita looks like shit is simply not true.

Don't fall for his poop dude :)

Dizzy-4U

Does anyone know if there are gameplay improvements over shinovi versus? Is it more challenging at least?

The only decent fight in shinovi was the Daidoji vs Rin battle, and that was dlc. I hope there is more like that on this one.

antitrop

Oh, and Antitrop.

You platinumed Shinovi Versus, right?

What's your favorite Shinobi?

Murakumo was my favorite, but I used Asuka after finishing the story modes to grind out the final trophies.

Does anyone know if there are gameplay improvements over shinovi versus? Is it more challenging at least?

The only decent fight in shinovi was the Daidoji vs Rin battle, and that was dlc. I hope there is more like that on this one.

Ya, if you go into Yin, the battles are over faster than the loading screens, even on Hard. Hoping for more of a challenge from Estival.

So I just watched the latest trailer.

I've know the games are developed by Tamsoft for a while but I never really paid that much attention to them. But that song was STRAIGHT out of Battle Arena Toshinden, to the point I wondered if it was actually lifted from one of those games.

And it gave me huge nostalgia chills which is lovely.

Suppose it's not such a huge stretch to think of it as a spiritual successor either, given some of the stuff from Toshinden:

(Would love to see her as a guest character one day, would be so fitting)

Heh. I should really get around to importing Shinovi Versus before it gets too difficult to find.

I was planning to buy the vita version but it seems it runs poorly... Too bad, I loved playing SV on vita. But it's the kind of game I don't mind playing on a big screen (unlike VN for example).

Shinriji

I was planning to buy the vita version but it seems it runs poorly... Too bad, I loved playing SV on vita. But it's the kind of game I don't mind playing on a big screen (unlike VN for example).

Not true. If you are OK with SV on vita, you'll be fine with EV.

Top Bottom