• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/PSV) Out March 15th (North America)

Kwigo

Banned
My Best Buy order is still "Preparing your item for shipping." Dunno what's up.

You have a... very odd image of "hack and slash" my friend. Then again, a lot of hack n' slash games today I believe are called character action games.

I've never heard "character action games" to be honest.

Anyway, the game looks fun, lots of action, maybe I'll try it someday when I don't have as many games to play as right now.

Diablo's genre is usually called ARPG these days
Stuff like DMC or God of War is a character action game
Senran Kagura is probably best classified as a 3D beat 'em up or brawler

Hack and Slash can really mean anything :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, already got a response from Amazon:

I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order. While looking into this, I found that an unexpected delay was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon.

I'd like to get your order to you faster to help make up for the delay, so I've upgraded the method of shipment for this order to One-Day Shipping. There's no additional charge for this.
Well, that's rather cool.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazon gave me $5 as apology for my copy of Nitroplus Blasterz arriving with a crack on the corner, so yeah, as long as you're polite & such, they tend to be rather helpful.

....granted, upping the free shipping limit to $50 sucks, but at least customer support is great.

Amazon gave me $5 as apology for my copy of Nitroplus Blasterz arriving with a crack on the corner, so yeah, as long as you're polite & such, they tend to be rather helpful.

....granted, upping the free shipping limit to $50 sucks, but at least customer support is great.

If you can, just invest in Prime. It's worth it.

Also, yes, when dealing with almost ANY customer service you catch more flies with honey. Going in like a raving lunatic and making demands they might not even be able to fulfill is a good way to get shitlisted, too.

drotahorror

Diablo's genre is usually called ARPG these days
Stuff like DMC or God of War is a character action game
Senran Kagura is probably best classified as a 3D beat 'em up or brawler

Hack and Slash can really mean anything :)

100% all this. I'd say hack and slash is a very broad term that describes all of these games.

People give amazon too much shit

They almost always make it right if you just ask

I don't normally see people giving amazon shit. I love their customer support, best I've ever dealt with.

Ultimadrago

One More Day!

People give amazon too much shit

They almost always make it right if you just ask

While the Fire Emblem Fates thing was a shitshow, I certainly agree. They've never done me wrong in the years I've worked with them. They always have made it right by me.

xRaizen

I called and they changed to one day shipping but it's now showing as March 16th :( better than 17 but still I wanted release day....

muteki

My Vita preorder got bumped to the 17th too.

Not too bothered as I won't have time to play until weekend anyway, but I'm more curious if they will ship it in bubble wrap again.

FHIZ

I keep opening the Best Buy app to see if it has shipped yet. I put the order in as soon as the game went up on their site. C'mooooon. ::pokes::

MSMrRound

I probably have to wait for the local authorities here in Singapore to give their approval for Senran Kagura ._.

The local rating board always get things done so fast with Ubisoft/EA titles. Other titles? Eeeeeehhhhh. They can wait for us I guess.

BBboy20

Since we're both getting the PS4 version:
VTFfCj.gif

Been somewhat of a long-time coming.

FHIZ

Same. I don't know how long my order has said "Preparing your item for shipping"
Yeah. I've had a pending charge to my card since the 10th when my order changes to preparing for shipping, so I'm hopeful I get my game tomorrow since I should have easily gotten my order in before they sold out.

Funny, seems like the first time a pre order has mattered since I don't know.

I gave away my shift for tmr so I can go early to EBgames and pick up my SKEV and SW4E. Can't wait to play EV all day tomorrow #TeamHometown

Wow, already got a response from Amazon:

Well, that's rather cool.

Zonic, when did you pre-order your game? I pre-ordered mine on Dec 9th and mine still hasn't shipped and says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

When I tried to contact Amazon, they said there's nothing they can do about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zonic, when did you pre-order your game? I pre-ordered mine on Dec 9th and mine still hasn't shipped and says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

When I tried to contact Amazon, they said there's nothing they can do about it.
I placed the order on Jan 17th. I also pre-ordered when I had a Prime trial going, though, so maybe that played a part in it. Weird that you pre-ordered a month earlier, yet they can't do anything about it.

I placed the order on Jan 17th. I also pre-ordered when I had a Prime trial going, though, so maybe that played a part in it. Weird that you pre-ordered a month earlier, yet they can't do anything about it.

Strange but no worries, Life and Hometown can wait. Thanks for the response though.

Ultimadrago

Also, for those that get a pack of Gessen or hate Mirai and don't want her two cards...be prepared to PM me dat PayPal address.

JC Lately

I’m going digital with this one. There shouldn’t be any weird delay with that, right? The only press release I was able to find said they would ‘try to synchronize the digital version 'as close as possible’.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I’m going digital with this one. There shouldn’t be any weird delay with that, right? The only press release I was able to find said they would ‘try to synchronize the digital version 'as close as possible’.
You'll probably have to wait until the PSN store updates, but it'll probably be up tomorrow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It should be up tomorrow when PSN updates, but of course, it's always random as to when.

Wonder how hard it'll be to get the full card set.

FHIZ

It should be up tomorrow when PSN updates, but of course, it's always random as to when.

To be fair, they've been updating it earlier recently. Used to be like late afternoon Eastern, but I've been seeing stuff go up around 10/11 am. It's something, I guess.

Anyways, SHIPPED!

JC Lately

You'll probably have to wait until the PSN store updates, but it'll probably be up tomorrow.

No big if that the case. I wouldn’t be able to play it till I get home at 11PM anyway, so I’m sure it would be up by then. Should be able to pull up the web store on my phone to buy it and start the download before I even leave the parking garage.

We are truly living in the future.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mine says it's suppose to be shipping today & arriving Wednesday. Guessing I'll find out what the situation is later today.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just got a confirmation that my order is waiting for UPS pickup, pretty cool. I don't have time to play this yet anyways with The Division, SFV, and Blade and Soul, but I'm still happy it's on its way.

I'm totally waiting for appear offline on PS4

My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet but I don't care enough to bother Amazon since I don't have time to play right now and would like to finish SV first. :p

Eolz

DigitalHitmann has it claimed but he's banned right now so I have no idea!

Vylash had claimed it, last I checked, but they lost access to their account, so... Nobody?

I could copypasta some of what I did for the SV/Dekamori OTs for it.

Talking with Vylash now; claiming the OT. Will attempt to whip something up and post it at some point today.

Wow, didn't expect that situation.
Don't forget a link to the community thread in the OT too! It's usually more active than the OTs.

antitrop

I've never heard "character action games" to be honest.

The original Devil May Cry in 2001 coined the term "Stylish Action Game" to differentiate it from less complex hack-n-slashes, but over the years it turned into "Character Action Game".

Top Bottom