• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/PSV) Out March 15th (North America)

I heard that the Endless Summer edition or w/e has some DLC with it, does anyone know what it might be?

I don't think that's true. The game comes with the most recent Japanese update which includes some additional content and at least in EU there will be free DLC on PSN but that should be it.

FHIZ

I hope there's a Mega Pack ready to purchase on release day.

I think on the last Xseed localization blog they said a bunch, if not all the DLC will be available at launch.

Edit: yeah

Premium DLC items, which we’re planning to roll out on day one (since Japan has already had them available for a while), include a variety of new scenarios and characters. Sadly, we couldn’t get the licensing rights to the three Ikkitosen characters from the Japanese version, but you will be able to play as Naraku, Kagura, Ayane from Dead or Alive, and Ayame the shop girl. Another featured DLC item is the “Dual Shinobi Hearts Ticket,” which presents several new missions pairing various characters up in comedy duos. Besides that, and besides all the costume items, you can also check out various Special Missions, which pit various groups of characters against one another in special circumstances. (The PS4 version, which can present ten-character matches to the Vita’s four, has a few more of these scenarios available than the Vita version does.)

The "since Japan has already had them" part makes me think they might just have it all up

Jayne

Mine is set to be delivered by Thursday from Amazon. Wouldn't mind release day shipping, but I'm probably not going to be able to play this on release day anyway. (via Prime two-day, btw)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Thanks
/v/

Ipyiscm.jpg

Eolz

Pretty good card selection!
I really hope they'll consider a full deck later on the european store or whatever.

Amiibro

Yea mines thursday too. Prime...ftl.

I talked to a rep in chat to see why it hasn't charged or gave me an actual arrival date, upgraded me for free to one day shipping. Order changed showing arrival on the 15th.

Give them a chat and see if they can help

I'm still salty that EU gets the better everything. EU got the pillows, figures, better OST cover and even a special reversible cover. I'm happy for the people in EU but it's unfair how badly they treat the SK series in the US. I'm also salty at Amazon for giving me an estimated arrival date of March 18-24. Still hyped for the game though xD

Shizuka

I'm still salty that EU gets the better everything. EU got the pillows, figures, better OST cover and even a special reversible cover. I'm happy for the people in EU but it's unfair how badly they treat the SK series in the US. I'm also salty at Amazon for giving me an estimated arrival date of March 18-24. Still hyped for the game though xD

Q0B4E6i.gif

I'm exaggerating a little bit xD but when you compare the EU and JP releases to the US one it's a big difference. Let's not forget we didn't even get the first game physical while EU did.

And EU did not get Shinovi Versus physical while NA did.

All the cool EU stuff is in expensive LEs, while you get the Endless Summer edition for the price of a normal game. I think it evens out.
The EU edition that is similar to the one in NA is ~$80 on PS4, and we don't even get trading cards.

Shizuka

All the cool EU stuff is in expensive LEs, while you get the Endless Summer edition for the price of a normal game. I think it evens out.
The edition that is similar to the one in NA is ~$80 on PS4, and we don't even get trading cards.

That's why I think US/NA is still ahead of EU, specially since no physical Burst is just as bad as no physical Shinovi Versus for Europe.

Amiibro

I think on the last Xseed localization blog they said a bunch, if not all the DLC will be available at launch.

Edit: yeah

The "since Japan has already had them" part makes me think they might just have it all up

Will the DLC be cross buy or console specific

Producer

i got the SV LE day 1 but it looks like im gonna have to miss out on this for now..good thing the LE looks great. Reversable cover, manual, artbook etc etc. Xseed always doing good work.

The EU edition that is similar to the one in NA is ~$80 on PS4, and we don't even get trading cards.

The Vita is region free so all they had to do was import if they wanted a physical copy. The US didn't have that luxury since the 3DS is region locked. Also,it made sense from a business perspective since the Vita is a dying platform and had way lower install base compared to the 3DS so it made sense to play it safe.

So? People have wanted the figures for a long time and just take a look at NIS premium editions, as long as it's a popular title it gets sold out by release date even if it's way more expensive than the normal game. Yeah, the EU edition that is similar to the one NA is getting is ~$80 but they get a slightly better quality OST packaging and they get a special reversible cover that NA isn't getting so there's that. Obviously the price difference isn't worth those two things but just saying.

Jayne

Yea mines thursday too. Prime...ftl.

I talked to a rep in chat to see why it hasn't charged or gave me an actual arrival date, upgraded me for free to one day shipping. Order changed showing arrival on the 15th.

Give them a chat and see if they can help

^ This. Sent them a short email just asking why this game wasn't offering release day shipping and they apologized and upgraded to one-day, it'll be here Tuesday now. I'll have to find the time to squeeze in at least an hour on launch day now :p

Producer

I dont see how Senran has been 'treated badly' in the US. The first localized game was digital only, and you cant really blame them for that one. Ever since then we have been getting physical releases apart from Bon Appetit which was announced for localization before a physical version existed in japan.

Lets not forget Europe got the game physical months after it had a successful launch in NA and with Marvelous Europe taking care of the franchise there they have the ability to do all the cool LEs and stuff. XSEED has done a great job handling Senran with the resources they have.

Labrys

I went ahead and canceled my vita preorder after seeing the loading times in that one video, yikes. I'm going to pick up the PS4 version next week after I get paid.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So based on the posts here, should I have a chat to ask about release day delivery (I don't have prime right now, but I pre-ordered while I had my trial, so it's arriving Thursday) to get it Tuesday?

So if I buy the Day 1 version from Gamestop on Tuesday, do I get all the cool swag or just the game and stuff?
Retail version is the LE, so yes, you'll get the bonus stuff.

bobawesome

So based on the posts here, should I have a chat to ask about release day delivery (I don't have prime right now, but I pre-ordered while I had my trial, so it's arriving Thursday) to get it Tuesday?

Retail version is the LE, so yes, you'll get the bonus stuff.

If not Tuesday, you'll definitely have it by Wednesday if you get someone willing to work with you. I sent an email, not expecting much, and they waived my two-day shipping and upgraded me to one-day at no cost. Praying to the boobie gods that I have it in my hands by Tuesday.

tumblr_nk7f1skeZV1u3qei8o1_500.gif

drotahorror

Even though the amazon rep said not to worry I never saw my delivery estimate get updated so I sent in a mail. Now it says arriving tomorrow :D
I've checked our records and found that "Senran Kagura Estival Versus" is scheduled for release on March 15, 2016.

To compensate for any inconvenience, I've upgraded the method of shipment for this order to One-Day Shipping. There's no additional charge for this.

The new estimated deliver date for your order is March 15, 2016.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll give it a try. What's the process of contacting them & what did you guys tell them? "Hey, does this game have release day shipping?"

Edit: Just said "Hey, I pre-ordered with Prime, & it says I should get it release day for pre-ordering with Two-Day Shipping, but it says it's arriving the 17th. There a way I can have release date shipping?"

drotahorror

Guess I'll give it a try. What's the process of contacting them & what did you guys tell them? "Hey, does this game have release day shipping?"

Edit: Just said "Hey, I pre-ordered with Prime, & it says I should get it release day for pre-ordering with Two-Day Shipping, but it says it's arriving the 17th. There a way I can have release date shipping?"

I said something along the lines of. Hi I noticed the game is coming out March 15th but mine won't arrive til the 17th. Is there any way I can get it on the 15th? The Vita has release date shipping, but I've ordered the ps4 version.

Something like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's not a huge deal, considering it's only 2 days & I've got other games I'm trying to finish up at the moment. If they bump the shipping up, cool, but I'll keep my expectations low.

Not sure how often I'll play this on PS4 compared to Vita, but thanks to the system's sleep mode, might be able to get an hour or two before work each night, then play a bit more on weekends.

Eolz

Amazon France describes this as a Hack 'n Slash game. What exactly should I expect?

It's close to a Warriors game in terms of gameplay (even if it's different) and obviously a lot of fanservice.
The Versus spinoffs are about a lighter story than the 3DS games, but fun/well designed characters in every game.

Kwigo

Banned
It's close to a Warriors game in terms of gameplay (even if it's different) and obviously a lot of fanservice.
The Versus spinoffs are about a lighter story than the 3DS games, but fun/well designed characters in every game.

So it's not a lootfest? That's disappointing.
Well, still got way too many games to finish so I'll hold off on this one I guess.

KyleCross

My Best Buy order is still "Preparing your item for shipping." Dunno what's up.
Yeah something like that :) At least that's what pops up first in my mind when I read "Hack and slash" !

You have a... very odd image of "hack and slash" my friend. Then again, a lot of hack n' slash games today seem to be called character action games.

Top Bottom