• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Gears of War 4 Coming to Windows 10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/01/microsoft-has-a-lot-to-prove-with-pc-gaming?abthid=56d5a7f564ba278130000005

Those people can play Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gear of War Ultimate Edition, Ori and the Blind Forest, Quantum Break, Minecraft on VR, and other upcoming Windows 10 games like Sea of Thieves, Fable Legends, and Gears of War 4.

Looks like it's another confirmation after Gamespot's "unfortunate typo" a few weeks back.

I think it's getting to the point now where it's pretty safe to assume that pretty much every Xbox One "exclusive" will be coming to Windows 10 as well.

UPDATE - IGN has now edited the article, removing Gears of War 4 from the list of upcoming Windows 10 titles. No further comments from IGN have been made.

Abriael

Banned
Actually, don't consider this a confirmation of anything.

I have the full recording of Phil Spencer's remarks.He made absolutely no mention of Gears 4. This is probably IGN's writer's derp.

Gears of War 4 was not mentioned at all in the whole showcase event.

Kade

Hurry up and announce/deny Scalebound and Phantom Dust coming to PC so I can decide whether to keep my Xbox One or not. I'd rather play them on my PC if I had the option.

Isn't that a large portion of their exclusives list? Not that I'm going to complain since I kind of like the idea behind Sea of Thieves but I didn't expect that many to be announced.

Nibel

I have the full recording of Phil Spencer's remarks.He made absolutely no mention of Gears 4. This is probably IGN's writer's derp.

First Gamespot, now IGN

Wash your ears you two

wheeplash

RG0BS1U.gif

RdN

Of course it's coming.

The question is whether it'll release day and date with the Xbox version.

JayEH

what's up with these typos lmao.

Azalean

Banned
Here come the "Now I don't need to get an Xbox Now! ROFL" and the "Why would anyone get an Xbox One? Lol" posts...

AlucardGV

Banned
okay gears of wars 4 is gonna have online for sure. they're still gonna make console players pay but hey "no walls" right?

I don't know what the Xbox brand is turning into. I'm happy PC users get this especially since I plan on getting a PC and this but I also bought a Xbox One for console exclusive games; doesn't seem like I need it anymore especially if Halo comes over.

I want an official confirmation. If they do Im ok with it though. I feel like PC+console is the best route personally and is the future of games. However keep console and PC separate and do not allow crossplay in competitive shooters. No unfair advantage with controller vs mouse/keyboard

Kssio_Aug

Besides that is not an clear confirmation, summed up with what was said by gamespot before, that's pretty much indeed confirmed.

Well, hardly a surprise. know by now Ms plans:

- Unify the stores and game development under a universal plaform;
- Xbox becomes a reference design that they can upgrade at will like a phone or the surface line
- Games are playable on a range of devices with different performances.

And it's great, bring it on!

cheezcake

Fuuuuck yesssssss.

Guess my XB1 will be relegated to a mostly media machine but dont give a fuck. Gears and Forza maxed on PC, and please someone for the love of god mod unofficial VR support into Forza.

JaggedSac

I want an official confirmation. If they do Im ok with it though. I feel like PC+console is the best route personally and is the future of games. However keep console and PC separate and dont allow crossplay in competitive shooters. No unfair advantage with controller vs mouse/keyboard.

MS offers a matchmaking filter in their API for handling that scenario.

Would play it if not on the windows 10 store. Not touching that after the fiasco that rise of the tomb raider was. Amazed to see that Ms actually seems to be pushing games to pc.

Abriael

Banned
let's see how many pages this thread gets before most actually notice this :D

RoKKeR

Some gonna be on suicide watch because of this.
Seriously, it's pathetic.

Anyways, this strategy by MS is really interesting and beneficial to all in my opinion. There may be some bumps along the road but in the long run I think it's really going to pay off. A sustainable, continuous gaming "platform" and ecosystem with evolving hardware? A viable strategy, I think.

JaggedSac

Well, hardly a surprise. know by now Ms plans:

- Unify the stores and game development under a universal plaform;
- Xbox becomes a reference design that they can upgrade at will like a phone or the surface line
- Games are playable on a range of devices with different performances.

And it's great, bring it on!

I am 100% down for this, but there is certainly a kink in my opinion. It seems like for this to work, they need for 3rd parties to embrace their Windows Store. I don't foresee this happening because unless they keep the invisible wall between XBox branded games and PC games, they won't likely want a cross-buy scenario for all games. And if it is 1 marketplace, it would be competing with several of these companies own marketplaces, Origin, etc.

Top Bottom