• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Gears of War 4 Coming to Windows 10

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is minecraft in VR their only VR announcement so far? Nothing on Forza or other games? Any info on which headsets? Might sound sad but if minecraft is exclusive to OR or Vive then that would literally force me to buy that headset over the other one

All of those besides Gears 4 are already confirmed.

Ah, I must have missed the announcement for Sea of Thieves. This is a pretty bold move from MS still. I'm still not entirely trusting of the W10 store yet after GFWL but if they can turn that image around then I'd be down for grabbing a few of these. I wonder though, is a gold account needed to access online on these? I could be wrong but I think I remember that being a thing before.

Is it going to be on Steam? Cause if it's on some Microsoft App Store or something then I'll just pick it up on Xbox One.

jediyoshi

Actually, don't consider this a confirmation of anything.

I have the full recording of Phil Spencer's remarks.He made absolutely no mention of Gears 4. This is probably IGN's writer's derp.

Gears of War 4 was not mentioned at all in the whole showcase event.

This is what happens when they're not just public to begin with.

They offer functionality to only be matched with people playing with same controller as you.

Is that an option or enforced? I would assume that Elite controllerrs and standard would be in the same group.

If they only allow controller users to play with console users then id be happy with that. Thats really the only hurdle for PC+console imo

Solid strategy for first party, looks like Sea of Thieves and Fable Legends confirmed too.

More exposure and availability, the better for MSFT overall.

Here come the "Now I don't need to get an Xbox Now! ROFL" and the "Why would anyone get an Xbox One? Lol" posts...

Well there's a real legitimacy to that train of thought. I own a gaming PC and PS4 and used to have an Xbox One. Sold it a few months ago, and I couldn't be more happy with the decision. Anyone who games on PC no longer has any reason to own an Xbox One.

Abriael

Banned
Honestly It seems like a total given at this point anyway though, even if it wasn't officially announced here.

Probably, but the difference between something that has been announced and something that hasn't is pretty big.

At the moment, it's false. In the future, who knows.

Solid strategy for first party, looks like Sea of Thieves and Fable Legends confirmed too.

They have been confirmed for about an eon?

Lister

Banned
What do you mean?

Xbox live API's offers platform filters for develoeprs ot take advanatage off.

Not that I think this is truly necessary, you just need a relaly good ladder system. This way peopel good with mouse and keyboard will be playing with other good mosue and keyboard players. People that are middl eof the road will play other middle of the road M&K players + good gamepad players, and people that suck with M&K will play against similar and middle of the road game pad players, etc.

At least for ranked matches I think a system liek that could work.

is minecraft in VR their only VR announcement so far? Nothing on Forza or other games? Any info on which headsets? Might sound sad but if minecraft is exclusive to OR or Vive then that would literally force me to buy that headset over the other one

It's Oculus Rift.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Deciding to get back into PC gaming pays off.
Not that Gears is up my alley in any way, but Microsoft's general embrace of Windows gaming is pretty convenient.

Griss

Not a big deal. I'm not a PC gamer so if I ever want to play these games I'll have to get an Xbox anyway. Xbox will be just fine so long as Microsoft wills it to be so.

QONVIyz.gif

I've caved for 1 game in origin, mass effect 3. The 2nd one will be mirrors edge.

Windows 10 store has sounded awful so far, from everything I've read about it. Yeah, no thanks.

JaggedSac

Is that an option or enforced? I would assume that Elite controllerrs and standard would be in the same group.

If they only allow controller users to play with console users then id be happy with that. Thats really the only hurdle for PC+console imo

I recall hearing it from //build last year. Could be my addled brain though. Doubt it is enforced. Elite and standard would be considered same. I think they only differentiate between k/m and controller.

The writing is on the wall, this isn't the first to accidentally announce Gears 4 for PC. It's going to happen at this point.

Xbox live API's offers platform filters for develoeprs ot take advanatage off.

Not that I think this is truly necessary, you just need a relaly good ladder system. This way peopel good with mouse and keyboard will be playing with other good mosue and keyboard players. People that are middl eof the road will play other middle of the road M&K players + good gamepad players, and people that suck with M&K will play against similar and middle of the road game pad players, etc.

At least for ranked matches I think a system liek that could work.

Interesting. well as long as they apply that to competitive shooters im fine with cross-play.

Salz01

Not gonna lie. Seriously debating about selling my xbox. Just wish tomb raider and halo was cross buy. Not like I play them much but I have them digitally. I have a pc that can play all the new games at higher Rez so no point in a getting any new Xbox one game.

I sold my Xbox one last weekend to get a gtx 970.

Sounds like it was a good move. Just kind of miss halo 5 and MCC. Would love to see those on win10 eventually.

ArjanN

Probably, but the difference between something that has been announced and something that hasn't is pretty big.

At the moment, it's false. In the future, who knows.

Well, I agree with you technically, but IMO it's pretty likely they do know it's coming and just didn't know they weren't supposed to talk about it yet.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Confirm Scalebound already ya butts.

Genio88

BOOOOM!
Xbox One and Gaming PC owner here, i'm happy for that news cause i'll get to play a awesome game like Gears 4 on its best version for both graphics and frame rate on Windows 10...though i hope it'll come the same day as the Xbox One version or i likely won't be able to wait months for the PC version having it ready to go on Xbone

I hope they bring Crackdown 3 to PC too, that's the one I'm interested in.

Sea Of Thieves too, but that's already coming.

foxbeldin

I tweeted the author about gears 4 and 5 minutes later :

Those people can play Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gear of War Ultimate Edition, Ori and the Blind Forest, Quantum Break, Minecraft on VR, and other upcoming Windows 10 games like Sea of Thieves, and Fable Legends.

It's gone.

Moobabe

Sea of Thieves was announced Xbox/Windows since the beginning.

This hasn't been announced nor mentioned.

Ah was ok? That's cool - missed that.

And it has been mentioned, multiple times, by people who then claim a "whoopsie!"

We had a massive thread on this the first time this came around as well if you can find it. Multiple people piped up about this. Gears is coming.

I tweeted the author about gears 4 and 5 minutes later :

It's gone.

"Whoopsie!"

Elginer

Perhaps I'm cynical but after GFWL and other gaming on PC moves my MS I won't be touching any of these games on Win 10 simply because I've heard this song and dance before.

Top Bottom