• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Gears of War 4 Coming to Windows 10

Zedox

Well, hardly a surprise. know by now Ms plans:

- Unify the stores and game development under a universal plaform;
- Xbox becomes a reference design that they can upgrade at will like a phone or the surface line
- Games are playable on a range of devices with different performances.

And it's great, bring it on!

I'm so happy for the future of gaming. Like I said, E3 is going to be crazy.

Nintendo NX.
New Xbox model (maybe the start of the "tv" version and "elite" version)
Playsation VR

Good times.

WadeitOut

UPDATE - IGN has now edited the article and has removed Gears of War 4 from the list of upcoming Windows 10 titles. No further comments from IGN have been made.

I wonder how many people in there are going to not see this edit to the OP.

BruceCLea

Banned
Just sold my XB1 to Gamestop. Got $200 for it (not store credit). Until March 8 they're doing store credit is the same as cash.

So Jump In.

hehehehe

Zedox

Not that many. Either way, I still believe it's going to happen. It's really just Gears and Scalebound that don't have Windows 10 variations. Once those games do...all of the major announced exclusives from MS will be on both platforms. So I'll assume it will be. What's i'm more intrigued with is cross-buy. I want that functionality across the board for MS exclusives (I guess they are working out the kinks and want to see how it goes with QB). Exciting year.

Kssio_Aug

I believe most people discussing here took the initial note not as a official confirmation, but, after gamespot same "typo", a very likely thing to happen. Erasing it won't change much... the expectation continues the same.

WadeitOut

Doesn't really matter that they've removed it. This the second slip up from two different major publications over a span of a few weeks. It's coming.

I don't know if you've ever listened to things like Podcast Unlocked, but I wouldn't be even a little surprised if Mitch Dyer had just thought he heard it was coming because of the old Gamespot story, researched it quickly, then edited the post.

Ryan/Mitch/Destin/Etc. have all been known to be misinformed on various things related to Xbox news from time to time.

After discovering Wrath's youtube channel from that "real gamer" thread and spending the morning laughing, I can't wait to see his troll video on this.

I don't know if you've ever listened to things like Podcast Unlocked, but I wouldn't be even a little surprised if Mitch Dyer had just thought he heard it was coming because of the old Gamespot story, researched it quickly, then edited the post.

Ryan/Mitch/Destin/Etc. have all been known to be misinformed on various things related to Xbox news from time to time.

Time will tell, I guess. I will go on the record to say that I will be shocked if this game doesn't come to PC.

WadeitOut

Time will tell, I guess. I will go on the record to say that I will be shocked if this game doesn't come to PC.

I don't think it matters in any significant way either way other than letting more people play it. GAF loves to exaggerate every aspect of the gaming industry. The amount of impact putting games like this on PC has on console sales is so minuscule it's laughable how much fan boy fervency comes from it.

Then again as an adult I get to sit back and watch the kids fanboy freak out. So that helps the work day go by faster.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Genuine question. If xbox one exclusives are going to PC as well, what is the point of even owning an Xbox one? You could play the exclusives on PC and if they have multiplayer, you don't have to pay a sub. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Defect

If Gears 4 and Halo comes to pc it needs crossbuy/crossplay and to only be playable with controllers. That's the only way I'll be happy with this.

Corpekata

Banned
Genuine question. If xbox one exclusives are going to PC as well, what is the point of even owning an Xbox one? You could play the exclusives on PC and if they have multiplayer, you don't have to pay a sub. Am I wrong in thinking this?

The PC needed to run most of these games is generally fairly high end and expensive

And really, a lot of people like the consoles for the plug and play experience. PC has gotten better about it over the years, but it has a long way to go before it breaches the mainstream as a flat out replacement for a console for a lot of people. It may sway a few of the devoted, gaming forum reader types, but not a big enough chunk of the population to really matter.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

The selling point now is that xbones can be had really cheap with nice bundles. Most people who don't post on GAF and aren't really over the top enthusiasts don't have the kind of PC you would need to run Quantum Break, etc.

And yeah, free multiplayer on PC or their service is DOA. I think they learned their lesson with GFWL.

I don't think it matters in any significant way either way other than letting more people play it. GAF loves to exaggerate every aspect of the gaming industry. The amount of impact putting games like this on PC has on console sales is so minuscule it's laughable how much fan boy fervency comes from it.

Then again as an adult I get to sit back and watch the kids fanboy freak out. So that helps the work day go by faster.

Has nothing to do with console wars or fanboy dominance or any bullshit like that for me. I just want to be able to play Xbox One games with better textures and effects @ 1440p, 60+ FPS. That's why I'm excited.

WadeitOut

Has nothing to do with console wars or fanboy dominance or any bullshit like that for me. I just want to be able to play Xbox One games with better textures and effects @ 1440p, 60+ FPS. That's why I'm excited.

I actually just meant that it won't effect anything in a NEGATIVE way. GAF and the internet in general loves to reference these non existent millions of human beings who only buy consoles because they can't play the games on their sick gaming PCs. When in reality the amount of overlap is inconsequential. PC gaming isn't the big console rival that PC gamers like to think it is.

Maximo

I actually just meant that it won't effect anything in a NEGATIVE way. GAF and the internet in general loves to reference these non existent millions of human beings who only buy consoles because they can't play the games on their sick gaming PCs. When in reality the amount of overlap is inconsequential. PC gaming isn't the big console rival that PC gamers like to think it is.
Considering the Specs that are required for their exclusives a small niche is going to buy the games, I agree in the grand scheme of things it will be a huge positive for them rather then negative.

Some people have no interest in buying or playing games on PC.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

This is only a question if you already have a good PC or are interested in building one.

Many people just prefer the closed box for a bargain model that you get with a console.

I think Microsoft's strategy is sound, especially in a generation where they aren't top dog. Let people play where they want. Enthusiasts can play on PC if they want. People who just want a console can by the Xbox One and enjoy plug-and-play gaming on their TV without any fiddling about.

Sad news if true

E8dR7VC.gif

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Hi guys For the people thinking this was just a typo here's an extract translated from a interview between Aaron Greenberg and the french website Gameblog.fr:
That being said, we know that first parties will continue to create great console exclusives like Gear of war 4, Recore, Halo Wars 2 and other games like that.We believe in the construction of one big gaming ecosystem.

Here's the french part:
Cela étant dit, nous savons en tant que First Party que nous allons continuer d'investir dans la création de grandes exclusivités consoles comme Gears of War 4, ReCore, Halo Wars 2, et d'autres jeux comme ça. Nous croyons en la construction d'un seul grand écosystème de jeu.

For the people wanting the link :http://www.gameblog.fr/news/57177-xbox-one-plus-aucun-jeu-100-microsoft-nous-repond

After the interview the journalist conclude it's article by saying"Even if not said clearly the era of console only xbox games seems over."

Sorry if my english was bad, please feel free to tell me if I translated incorrectly.I'm only 22 so I know my english has a lot of room for improvement.

Loved GoW1, loathed GoW2 and never looked back. I genuinely feel like GoW2 is among the worst sequels to a really good game I have ever played. Hope that GoW4 is a little more focused that 2.

Skux

This is unprecedented. It's like an emergency evacuation of all their IPs from the Xbox One to the safety bunker of the PC.

GVFbI3L.gif

Lettuce

With all these supposed XB1 exclusives now coming to the PC MS need to add in a friends list/chat overlay to these Windows 10 store games, so you get the XB1 experience with these games, make em cross play and everything, so people play Gear 4 on the XB1 can chat to people playing on PC.

Oh and bring achievements back for these Windows 10 Store games!!!

The vast majority of console players have absolutely no interest in owning a gaming PC. The XB1 is Microsoft's product for those people.

SparkTR

I don't know if this is console/Xbox players upgrading, but Nvidia's GPU revenues have been through the roof over the past handful of quarters. I'm sure they're loving all this support from Microsoft bring their high-end games over.

Mifec

With all these supposed XB1 exclusives now coming to the PC MS need to add in a friends list/chat overlay to these Windows 10 store games, so you get the XB1 experience with these games, make em cross play and everything, so people play Gear 4 on the XB1 can chat to people playing on PC.

Oh and bring achievements back for these Windows 10 Store games!!!

Doesn't the Xbox app have all of those?

Hyun Sai

Why Microsoft doesn't say out loud all of Xbox exclusives coming to Windows 10, is if such a good thing for their ecosystem ?

That would be a better PR move than all this speculation.

Evilmaus

Awesome. I've never actually played any of the Gears Of War games, as I've never really owned an XBox, so it'll be nice to finally play one.

Wonder how many people will be pissed that the Microsoft tit is lactating enough for two platforms now instead of one?

Top Bottom