• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me a new mouse, Neogaf. Pretty please?

I used the exact same mouse that you posted OP until I bought the Logitech G 502 it's simply amazing

images

So, I just got this, used. Seemed great when I plugged it in... for about 2 minutes. Now whenever I plug it in I just get that wee jingle Windows 10 plays whenever you unplug a USB. My old, wireless mouse doesn't do this when the USB sensor is in so it's not my PC. Did I get conned by this sucka or am I just a dope? Really bummed about this :/

(I am a PC baby. Only had my rig since November so there's a bunch I don't know)

Tenebrous

So, I just got this, used. Seemed great when I plugged it in... for about 2 minutes. Now whenever I plug it in I just get that wee jingle Windows 10 plays whenever you unplug a USB. Did I get conned by this sucka or am I just a dope? Really bummed about this :/

Do you have another system to try it out on?

Gurnlei

I'd recommend the Deathadder or G502. Both are great. My Deathadder started getting double clicking issues a few months after I got it though. Not sure if it's widespread.

Edit: Just read you got the G502. Good choice.

Tenebrous

And yet no good CS:GO player uses it. Mouse is overrated as hell on this site, get a Zowie.

Had three Zowie EC2 eVo's die on me within 18 months. Probably the best mice I've ever used, but I gladly took the slight ergonomic downgrade (personal preference) with a huge chunk of Logitech reliability - Never looked back.

sear

Banned
Pick the features you want (MMO buttons is the big one these days) and then get whatever Logitech makes that looks like it meets your needs.

Razer and Steelseries are good choices too, but Logitechs tend to last forever.

Zafir

I use a Razer Epic Naga, which is really good for games with lots of keybinds. That all said, Logitech do a similar mouse now with 12 buttons on the side, so I dunno if it's worth going for one of those instead. Logitech stuff tends to be more reliable in my experience.

My Logitech g5 lasted me 7 years(could have lasted longer, I didn't stop using it because it broke). My first Razer Naga worked great for about 2.5 to 3 years, and then developed the double click problem. Replaced it with an Epic Naga Chroma which I got for half price, that had a scroll wheel issue within its first year. Razer replaced it quickly and painlessly, but I do worry the replacement might fail again.

FLAguy954

The Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse. I use it for general web browsing, working, and for gaming.

• Wireless
  • 3 Year Battery
  • Uses Logitech Unifying Receiver
  • Plug and Play - doesn't require Logitech Setpoint but you certainly can use it
  • Has infinite scroll, forward and back buttons
  • Comfortable contour and material used for build quality
  • Very cheap and reasonably priced. Only about $30 a pop.

gallery-2.png

This is my go-to mouse as well, it fucking amazing (best 'simple-looking' mouse out there imo).

vewn

I'm gonna say get one that has a good sensor and rests comfortable in your hands. I currently use a Steelseries Rival 300 and I really like it. It's not perfect for my claw-grip but I got used to it really quickly, it's not ambidextrous though if that is a requirement for you.

I have the Steel Series Sensei Wireless - largely considered the best wireless gaming mouse. It doesn't have too many buttons but I bought it for Diablo 3 and it had the perfect amount for that game. Beautifully made and shits all over the garbage that I had before it (Razer Mamba 4G).

LbqlaKc.jpg

Astral Dog

Depends what are you looking for, the common Mice live less and cause more trouble and they are social little things, so you need like two or three.

Rats are like bigger mice, but they are more difficult to found, need a larger cage and its best to come in pairs, definetly troubling rodents for begginers.

Guinea pigs are like the rats but can live much longer, more than five years, and need lots of excercise outside the cage, so keep in mind that, they are also social.

Last but no last The Hamster is the sole solitary animal, so they are easier to handle just try to be careful as they can bite.
Good luck!

10036798.jpg

Lanf

My deathadder finally died completely on me. All the known issues: double clicking, clicks not registering, whole buttons not working, etc...

I tried to repair it by opening it and using electronics cleaner, that fixed it for a few weeks, but can't be bothered to it again. Time to move on.

Still, I had the thing for... 5 years now? Seems reasonable, no?

Nevertheless, no more Razer for me. Some of the issues popped up after only 2 years, and their reputation isn't exactly stellar either.

I'll follow the general Internet advice and get a logitech g502. Even though I'm no fan of the 'gaming' look.

b0uncyfr0

Don't want to create a new thread since this is almost the same. What does gaf recommend for wireless palm users with more emphasis on comfort than gaming?

Im coming from a deathadder and it's served me quite well over the years. The fit however for my palm wasnt ideal. It could've been better. Ideally I'd want at least side buttons and infinite scroll.

This guy does great mouse reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZC7PChgd-XMwcbZkiw
Most helpful videos for you would probably be guide for choosing a mouse and his top 5 mice
Never seen someone go more in depth on gaming mice.

Personally I've had a Logitech G500 for ages now and I had a G5 for even longer, I like the shape. I've been tempted to try switching it up a bit and try the Zowie EC2, but the always glowing scroll wheel would drive me insane.

Hmm he says Logitech G502 is not good for FPSs and aiming because it's too bulky. But consensus here recommends that.

I just bought both a Logitech g502 proteus spectrum and a corsair m65 pro rgb, because I couldn't decide between the two. Currently trying them both out and will return the one I like less before the return period.

Honestly they are both great, but each has minor issues.

Looks wise, like their keyboards the Corsair mouse looks gorgeous. The led effects are beautiful, the materials are really nice and it just feels like it should cost more than it does. The g502 feels plasticy and cheap in comparison. Also the led effect is only on the G on the mouse, doesn't look nearly as cool.

Fit wise it's a win for the g502. That thumb rest is so comfy, and it just feels right in my hand (I have a fingertip / palm type grip). The m65 shape is a little wide, and it's harder to get a good grip on than the g502. It's not bad, just not as great as the g502.

One issue I have with the g502 is that the left and right click has a weird spring action to it sometimes. I looked it up and others have complained about it too. The plastic on the buttons tends to stick to the skin of my fingers, so that if I'm doing taps like I'm am fps, it will lift the button off a bit and make a spring like noise. It's very annoying and I'm surprised no one here mentioned it. The buttons on the Corsair feel high quality for sure.

As far as trackinf, they both use almost the same optical sensor and both are great. But the g502 seems to track a bit better, or basically perfectly. Hard to explain without experiencing it.

The m65 is really heavy. It comes with all the weights in, and it was bothering me as I lift my mouse a lot. The weights are annoying to remove to. Rhe g502 feels just right out of the box with no weights installed, and the method used to install them is much easier.

Overall, I'm still pretty torn.

Corsair m65 pro rgb :

Pros
- much higher build quality (feels expensive)
- looks way better, beautiful led lights and just nice looking overall
- much better buttons
- the scroll wheel feels like clouds

Cons:
-heavy and wide shape, not as comfy
- software is worse than logitech g

Logitech g502:

Pros
- perfect tracking
- excellent ergonomics, feels great to hold
- awesome free scroll wheel
-software is easy and intuitive
- good weight (without the weights in )

Cons:
- cheap, plastic feel
- doesn't look as nice, weak led effect and gamer look
- left and right click sticky liftoff and spring noise (annoying)

Still not sure which to keep, but ergonomics and fit are super important for a mouse, and the g502 wins there. The Corsair feels more expensive and higher quality, but not sure if that matters as much with a mouse.

Maybe this helps someone? I think most people would love the g502 as many others have recommended here.

nilbog21

Banned
I play pretty hardcore games like Dota and counterstrike so I take my mouse keyboard game pretty seriously..

I use the sensei and Iove it. Not an overengineered piece of shit like a lot of mice you see today. Once this mouse croaks I have my eye on the zowie mice

mx-master-gallery.png

Logitech MX Master

Its the only mouse out there that has a scroll wheel that automatically switches between click spin and free spin, so scrolling is amazing.

The only other mouse that has ever had this is the logitech mx revolution, which is much harder to find these days. After years of using that mouse, I honestly couldnt go back to a normal scroll wheel.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i have a Gigabyte M6900. it only cost me £16 and i'm happy with it. i don't see any reason to upgrade to a better and more expensive mouse.

Don't buy Zowie if you value after sales support or repairs. They ignore you most of the time, and if you're lucky enough to get a reply they are jerks about it.

Nice products until you have an issue.

Edit. to be clear this isn't an isolated incident either I found threads on reddit complaining of the same issue with a specific member of their team.

Anion

My Deathadder just died and I could get the chroma, but I think I'm gonna move on.

I'm between the Seelseries Rival 300 and the Zowie EC1-A

The thing is my laptops built in keyboard is Steelseries engine powered, so I anyways have to keep the Steelseries software. So getting their mouse would not add more software.

And the Zowie doesn't need any software, which is amazing to me considering the problems I have had with Razer early on when I first got the mouse.

Price wise, I dont care. I just want the better mouse

data

My Deathadder just died and I could get the chroma, but I think I'm gonna move on.

I'm between the Seelseries Rival 300 and the Zowie EC1-A

The thing is my laptops built in keyboard is Steelseries engine powered, so I anyways have to keep the Steelseries software. So getting their mouse would not add more software.

And the Zowie doesn't need any software, which is amazing to me considering the problems I have had with Razer early on when I first got the mouse.

Price wise, I dont care. I just want the better mouse

since you said you don't care price wise, G900 is the best mouse you can get right now. 3366 sensor + wireless that is reliable + performs as well if not even better than wired mode

Agraavan

I'm a lefty so my options are limited.

I have a Deathradder (left hand) but it's starting to fail on me. How is the Steelseries Sensei RAW as a substitute? What are my other options?

Aren't laser mouses worse than optical ones?

Pooya

get Zowie EC2-A, Zowie mice have the best sensors by far. It's what most of the pro fps players use and it doesn't look gaudy like most of these gaming mice. It's very very good.

rbanke

I've had a SteelSeries Sensei for 3 years now and I'm still very happy with it. The drawbacks for me are their software is clunky (but better than it was) and the finish started peeling off about a year ago so now I have bare plastic around the palm area.

data

get Zowie EC2-A, Zowie mice have the best sensors by far. It's what most the pro fps players use and it doesn't look gaudy unlike most these gaming mice. It's very very good.

Zowies just uses a 3310 sensor. Those aren't the best anymore, and they're used in a lot of mice.

The new 3360 / 3366 is the best sensor nowadays.
What is the point of this?

Do you think that your opinion is worth more because you are GE?
Do you think he would be GE with a EC1-a?
Do you think its impossible to be GE with a G502?

I don't get it.
It's common knowledge that lighter mice are better for competitive shooters.
He's just implying that someone with a higher rank on CSGO would be able to give a better recommendation for a mouse than someone with a lower rank, calm down.

Hwoar

What's your rank?

I'm global elite with the EC1-a

What is the point of this?

Do you think that your opinion is worth more because you are GE?
Do you think he would be GE with a EC1-a?
Do you think its impossible to be GE with a G502?

I don't get it.

low-G

Weird how many people here are still stuck on Logitech mice. I used them tons last decade, but their build quality is extremely low and they're super overpriced even compared to lesser known brands that sell for less than half as much...

Hwoar

It's common knowledge that lighter mice are better for competitive shooters. He's just implying that someone with a higher rank on CSGO would be able to give a better recommendation for a mouse than someone with a lower rank, calm down.

I am calm, when I read it back I can see how my comment can come across more "aggresive" then how I meant it. I still think his thoughts / intentions with his comment were a bit flawed though, sorry.

Silvawuff

I recommend actually going in to a store and looking at mice physically to get an idea of how your hand will handle certain models.

I personally use a Corsair Sabre and it's been fantastic. It's similar in design to the Deathadder, which has terrible hardware issues. Since you're used to a basic design I wouldn't overwhelm with lots of buttons and features -- just pick something solid that looks good to you and enjoy the subtle upgrade.

Tahnit

Banned
i got the logitech 502 and it hurt my hand to use. i took it back and go the razer deathadder. Loving this mouse its so comfortable.

Top Bottom