• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me a new mouse, Neogaf. Pretty please?

Deathknell

Just bought the corsair m65 pro and it looks beautiful next to my k70.
Logitech g502 is a great mouse but its so damn ugly..

M65-Pro-RGB-Intro-.jpg

If you want the newest sensor I think the new Logitech G502 and Steelseries Rival 700 all sport the newest and best mouse sensor. TBH, the G502 is ugly as sin and the Rival 700 is loaded with gimmicks like mouse vibration and a pointless stat tracking screen on it that only works with 3 games. Also both those mice are heavy, and I wouldn't recommend them for competitive shooters.

Personally, I still use my Zowie FK. Absolutely perfect mouse, with no bullshit software or any strange cosmetic gimmicks like RGB. It's also really lightweight. It's a bit dated though, and the newer models (FK1 and FK2) are pricey, while also still on an older mouse sensor. I guess waiting is the better choice right now? The FK and my experience with the EC1 made me a Zowie fan, and I kinda just want a newer updated mouse from them

Caleb187

I used to have a zowie ec2-evo. The scroll wheel left a lot to be desired, but coming from an intellimouse explorer 3.0 the feel and performance was perfect. It eventually got the double-click malfunction and zowie support refused to help me so I tried out these mice:

-Steelseries Rival
-Razer Deathadder Chroma
-Mionix Castor

The Deathadder felt like it slipped out of my hands too easily. Didn't like the shape and felt cheap. Worst of the three.

Rival felt great and the high palm hump fit my hand perfectly. Greater weight allowed for more precise aiming I felt. Was too big and heavy for my small hands though. Would gladly buy a smaller version of the Rival.

Castor looks and feels the highest quality. Shape is lower profile than most mice (less palm hump) but still felt good for claw/hybrid grips. Size was perfect for my smaller hands. Went with this one.

All three mice tracked perfectly. In the end I'd say Rival (300) for big hands and Castor for smaller hands.

seb_n

i also just bought the Corsair M65 RGB Pro and i have to say i love it, at first i was a little worried that it felt too stocky but after some time to adjust it is perfect now. It has greatly improved my accuracy in battlefield 4. I have removed all of the adjustable weights and it is a pleasure to use. Would highly recommend it.

Orayn

I'm a lefty so my options are limited.

I have a Deathradder (left hand) but it's starting to fail on me. How is the Steelseries Sensei RAW as a substitute? What are my other options?

Aren't laser mouses worse than optical ones?

Sensei RAW is ambitextrous and really good. Mine's been going strong for 3 years, no problems other than some slightly shiny spots on the plastic.

forrest

formerly nacire
I just got a Mionix Naos 7000 last week. I will never leave this form factor again. I loved my old Steel series Ikari, same form, but when it died I tried a death adder. It was okay, but hardly the ergonomic design that razer touted.

What is the point of this?

Do you think that your opinion is worth more because you are GE?
Do you think he would be GE with a EC1-a?
Do you think its impossible to be GE with a G502?

I don't get it.

I wouldn't trust a silver or gold nova on what mouse they're fragging hard with. No offense, sorry buddy

Rodin

I'm buying the Mamba TE for 49€. I'll tell you if it's good after i try it.

M65-Pro-RGB-Intro-.jpg
That's the other one i like, but i hate that the cable is on the left. Is it comfortable?

Mozendo

Weird how many people here are still stuck on Logitech mice. I used them tons last decade, but their build quality is extremely low and they're super overpriced even compared to lesser known brands that sell for less than half as much...

Yeah, to me the G502 or whatever that mouse is just feels too cheap and plasticky and now they're selling for $80 why people recommend that when you can get a better mouse for around $40-$50

Se_7_eN

I am currently using the Logitech G303 and loving it... Smooth, fast and doesn't have 500 extra buttons on the side.

I paired it with the G440 hard mouse pad and won't need to upgrade for years.

Koren

Any good "vertical" mouse, with a good scrolling wheel? My hand was ashing last week, I really should find an ergonomical mouse soon...

Weird how many people here are still stuck on Logitech mice. I used them tons last decade, but their build quality is extremely low and they're super overpriced even compared to lesser known brands that sell for less than half as much...
Extremely low is harsh, they're still decent.

The main reason I stick with those is the "free" wheel. Although the one in my last mouse is slightly unbalanced, which is annoying as hell.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but Logitech made a mouse. G5... Something. I wish I could remember. Maybe someone will get it at some point in the thread.

PSA: I see everyone recommending the G502 so I need to say this; don't buy the G502 spectrum core (the RGB one) if you can't stand mouse wheel rattle. I went through 2 mice and they both had the same problem. If you look up online, it's a very common issue which I think most G502 RGB mice have but not everyone feels is a deal breaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpQ5_QDUMhE

The wheel weighs quite a bit so you can feel the lateral mouse rattle on the hand on fast swipes. Other than that and the fact that it weighs likes a brick, it's a superb mouse. Shame logitech's QC is bad. I went with a rival 300 afterwards and it's ace.

cHinzo

The Zowie EC2-A is a great mouse. No bullshit buttons, just very smooth looking, light and comfortable. Definitely recommending this one.

675a26099a.jpg

Terrorblot

I ended up picking up a Razer Chroma Naga along with a Chroma Keyboard and the Chroma Firefly pad. First products I've bought from them before. The first mouse crapped out in a week and needed to be returned, the mouse pad was crooked and drags agianst the mouse when you approach corners, and the keyboard is fine but hasn't wowed me. The LEDs are pretty but I won't be buying from Razer in the future. Get a Logitech.

Gurnlei

G502. Best mouse I've ever used, switched from an old Deathadder to Rival 300 to this.

Goes good with the blue 710+ and my blue/black build.

M65-Pro-RGB-Intro-.jpg

I think I've actually decided to return the M65 pro RGB and keep the G502.

Pains me because as you said, the M65 is the most beautiful mouse I've ever seen. The build quality is incredible and makes it feel like it should cost double what it does.

Unfortunately the shape is an issue, its just not that comfy for me. The G502 just feels right, especially with the thumb rest and awesome textured sides. The M65 is also heavy, and the weight and bulky shape make it difficult to lift off the mouse mat while playing. It slips more when I lift it, where the G502 sticks right in my hand.

I dislike that the G502 just feels cheaper and more plasticy, and the odd springy left and right click when your skin sticks to the surface of the buttons, but everything else is amazing. At first I was iffy about the scroll wheel, but got dayum is it awesome. Not sure I can live without it now. Switching between free scroll and the tactile, bumpy locked scroll is so fun.

Props to Corsair though for prioritizing build quality, just as they do with their keyboards.

Hmm he says Logitech G502 is not good for FPSs and aiming because it's too bulky. But consensus here recommends that.

"big and bulky" seems like an issue for smaller hands, perhaps? I've not had any issue with the size or weight, but my hands felt right at home on the OG Xbox Duke controller.

However, he may be onto something with FPS and this mouse. I find sometimes that I end up jerking the mouse slightly and i wonder if it's because of the force i want to press the left/right click with and how that force is distributed on the mouse itself. That is, I wonder if something that doesn't press down at an angle might be better suited to avoid those kinds of presses that inadvertently move the mouse backward.

does that make sense? I might like to try a mouse that has a more flat downward press to the left/right click.

Speely

Banned
I am gonna pile on to the G502 love parade. It's an incredibly-solid mouse and the value is great. Feels great, performs great, fair price.

I've owned the Steelseries Sensei RAW, the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, and now the Razer Deathadder Chroma.

To be honest, you really can't go wrong with any of them. I liked the Steelseries for its simplicity and lack of reliance on software, but it didn't fit my large hands quite right. I liked the G502 for its amazing sensor and shape, but it was a little too heavy for my tastes and look too gaudy and gamer-y. The Deathadder ended up being the one for me because it's lightweight, fits perfectly in my large hands, has a fantastic sensor, and an understated look. Still, I'd recommend any of the mice if asked.

I got the Razer Deathadder Chroma Overwatch edition and I love it. Had to pay the Overwatch tax, but it's cool and comfortable as hell.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The scrollwheel flakes out on the Sensei, at least mine did and casually searching the net the problem was experienced by others. I could go in and tighten up the clips in a certain spot to get another 2-4 weeks out of it but got tired of that.

Picked up a roccat kone xtd to replace it. Seems great so far.

Those responsible for Corsair and Logitech's mouse designs that feature buttons on the thumb rests should be fired. Such a hilariously stupid design decision.

Renekton

i got the logitech 502 and it hurt my hand to use. i took it back and go the razer deathadder. Loving this mouse its so comfortable.
The logitech gamer line is literally too edgy, not very comfortable.

Their regular mouse is pretty good tho!

Those responsible for Corsair and Logitech's mouse designs that feature buttons on the thumb rests should be fired. Such a hilariously stupid design decision.
I like button 4 just above the thumb rest (right-handed). Great for grenades and stuff.

Really like my Corsair M65:

The big red button ("sniper button") is set to lower your DPI while held, but I remapped it to something else and it's now a push-to-talk button.

There's the M65 RGB too, with better placement for the red button:

After using logitech and razer mice all my life, I finally got a corsair m65 and i really think it is the best all around mouse right now.

Triteon

My old Logitech wireless died about two months ago. On a whim I grabbed the Chaos Spectrum 900, it works pretty good, I like the free spin but its a little light and its lack of a proper dock is kinda stupid.

I probably would have been fine with a much cheaper mouse though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The Razer Naga and Logitech G600 are the only mice I use, and the middle mouse button on the Naga broke. But I still use it more than the G600. I'm a claw mouser.

I don't know how I gamed in the past without a number pad on my mouse.

Indelible

I'am still using the Logitech G500 which has been the best mouse I have ever used, looks a lot simpler than the G502 which I prefer.

"big and bulky" seems like an issue for smaller hands, perhaps? I've not had any issue with the size or weight, but my hands felt right at home on the OG Xbox Duke controller.

However, he may be onto something with FPS and this mouse. I find sometimes that I end up jerking the mouse slightly and i wonder if it's because of the force i want to press the left/right click with and how that force is distributed on the mouse itself. That is, I wonder if something that doesn't press down at an angle might be better suited to avoid those kinds of presses that inadvertently move the mouse backward.

does that make sense? I might like to try a mouse that has a more flat downward press to the left/right click.

I dont have any issues with the G502 in FPS. I've been playing DOOM and a lot of BF4, and it performs great.

The thumb rest and shape just fit me perfectly in BF4, I'm able to swipe and lift my mouse without missing a beat.

RS4-

I'm still using the g500. I've actually got a g502 in box. And it's actually being used as a speaker stand lol.

But yeah, the 500 is probably the best mouse I've used. Had the intellimouse at work way back when, we went through a lot of them. Took a lot of abuse but really annoying when the tracking got all fucked up.

I like button 4 just above the thumb rest (right-handed). Great for grenades and stuff.

I have no problem with buttons above the thumb rest, it's just stupid designs like this:

41aF8BDJo-L.jpg

..that get to me. Where am I supposed to put my thumb to grip the mouse? I can't put it above the sniper button, because there are buttons there as well, and I can't put it below because it would be uncomfortable. You need that central space on the left side of the mouse to be empty so it can be used for grip, mice with buttons in that area are almost unusable for me.

Rodin

I got the Razer Deathadder Chroma Overwatch edition and I love it. Had to pay the Overwatch tax, but it's cool and comfortable as hell.

Why did i look it up. Why. Now i have to buy it and i just purchased the Mamba TE.

That Goliathus Speed Overwatch Edition too...

I have no problem with buttons above the thumb rest, it's just stupid designs like this:

41aF8BDJo-L.jpg

..that get to me. Where am I supposed to put my thumb to grip the mouse? I can't put it above the sniper button, because there are buttons there as well, and I can't put it below because it would be uncomfortable. You need that central space on the left side of the mouse to be empty so it can be used for grip, mice with buttons in that area are almost unusable for me.

Having used that mouse, it's actually not that bad. They button requires a decent actuation force, so it's not easily pressed. I was able to lift the mouse without pressing it.

The placement of the "sniper button" on the g502 is great thought. It's at the tip of your thumb, so you have to reach a tiny bit too use it. Prevents accidental presses while still being close enough to reach.

outsidah

I've mostly stuck to Logitech mice as they have been reliable performers (had a G9X till recently) but I have to say the Razer Deathadder REALLY impressed me. It's super comfy and everything falls perfectly to where you need it without excessive buttons/features on the mouse. I've always avoided Razer due to the quality issues and the like, and it looks the their mice are the best of the bunch but still possibly prone to issues. I guess time will tell but at the moment I think it's awesome.

The GAF love train for the 502 has me thinking though, I'm really curious to try it after seeing all the love it got here.

Steel Series Sensei? Felt too cheap and disconnected to me.

Using the G502 to play the BF1 beta, I think I've decided that its just too damn heavy. I really like the mouse but my aim suffers because of the weight. Plugged my G400 back in and aiming is so much easier because of how light it is.

Is there any newer mouse that is similar to the G400? The Corsair Sabre looks promising, its even a tad ligher than the G400.

therapist

Deathadder chroma
or a decent SS mouse like an Ikari or Rival optical.

If i were you i would go to a store and just try some and see whats feels good.
Its all about comfort really

Arex

Anything like G602 but better? I like the extra buttons and the shape/ comfort, but mine's been eating up batteries quite fast recently and the left button is getting problematic :\

Using the G502 to play the BF1 beta, I think I've decided that its just too damn heavy. I really like the mouse but my aim suffers because of the weight. Plugged my G400 back in and aiming is so much easier because of how light it is.

Is there any newer mouse that is similar to the G400? The Corsair Sabre looks promising, its even a tad ligher than the G400.

G403

Finally a mouse from Logitech that actually looks good. It's been a while.

TB14

I am currently using the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB for my mouse and the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire for my keyboard. Haven't had any complaints about either.

Top Bottom