• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare cover? Legacy Ver includes Modern Warfare remastered?

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare cover may have leaked. Legacy Edition includes 'Modern Warfare Remastered'

ChCaYvOWgAAB6ZM.jpg

https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/725249408942616578

LewieP

Would explain why they didn't make any of them available via Xbox One BC.

Not really much of a change from previous entries given how much they reuse assets across the entire series.

Hopefully this is true Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare it's on my top 3 CoD games and it's on my top 10 favorite games of all time but sadly one hacker did something to my account and I can't play the multiplayer

Lucifon

If that's true, and it includes the multiplayer, they must have been high fiving in board rooms when someone thought of that.

They know everyone would rather play CoD4, so to let you play a nicer looking version of it, they make you buy the more expensive edition of their latest game which you don't care about. Bravo Activision, bravo.

Alienous

As I said in the other thread, it's believable.

• The name 'Legacy Edition' fits with packaging Modern Warfare HD along with it, and that would be a smart marketing move to sell copies.
  • The cover is just the right amount of space (with the helmet and planet in the horizon) and typical shooterbro (carrying the helmet instead of wearing it, and the gun), which would mean players aren't scared away.
  • The 'CALL OF DUTY' text looks familiar but new (look at the 'U') - it doesn't seem to match with any previous COD. It's just the right amount of familiar and different, and it would be a strange thing to fake.

If this is real Please be real are they going to do a full remastered version like Halo 2 Anniversary or just a port of the PC version at max settings? that's the question

The other day some guy came to the Best But where I work and said he hopes they would remake Modern Warfare. I laughed a little inside at that.

Now I eat crow

If this is real Please be real are they going to do a full remastered version like Halo 2 Anniversary or just a port of the PC version at max settings? that's the question

HALO 2 Anniversary was a remake rather than a remaster. Since this is a remaster it should be like the PC version at max settings.

jelly

While I don't mind the graphics, still pretty good when you don't focus on any one thing. However really bad here and there if you do.

Keasar

Call of Duty: Fuck we realised that Modern Warfare was the best we made buy it and you get Infinite Warfare as a bonus! - Legacy Edition.

EGOMON

Am buying this game just for Modern Warfare not even gonna touch the main game, provided MW has a multiplayer and not just SP

Lucifon

But if there's a standalone version I won't even bother with Infinite Warfare (unless it's actually good of course)

There won't be. That's why it's a v.smart business decision.

Create a slightly more expensive edition with the old game they know we all would rather play revitalised online again. Basically PC version with a few bells and whistles at most, super cheap to make. Instantly for little cost you've just gained a ton of interest for a CoD many people weren't going to be interested in.

HALO 2 Anniversary was a remake rather than a remaster. Since this is a remaster it should be like the PC version at max settings.

With so many remakes and remasters I always get confused with the words thanks! Ok wait now I'm confused again

While I don't mind the graphics, still pretty good when you don't focus on any one thing. However really bad here and there if you do.

Me neither for example in Halo CEA and H2A I use the classic graphics option I still think that Halo CE looks amazing but speaking of the graphics I know for a fact that a lot of people will do

MUnited83

For you.
Considering the track record of Activision on "remasters", it will probably run worse than the original console versions.

Top Bottom