• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Thoughts: Okami

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

Wow, this thread ended Himuro eh? Or was that something else.

I think the criticisms may be a little harsh- especially for someone who enjoyed Yakuza or Shenmue. But I agree that it has more flaws than people here admit.

I know a lot of people love to pimp Majora's Mask as the Best Zelda Ever, but it has a great deal of problems. Even Ocarina of Time, which gave me the best gaming experience ever, hasn't aged so well (level design and presentation, I feel, hold up- but the graphics, control, and camera don't).

Beezy

This thread is hilarious. With the way he's been acting recently, I knew that Himuro would get banned eventually. I didn't think that it would be over Okami though. :lol

Have fun with the Baten Kaitos games Drinky. :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Getting banned over such a relaxing, soothing game like Okami is really bathetic...you need to go out in a rage over Gears of War or something similarly hardcore.

Bebpo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Getting banned over such a relaxing, soothing game like Okami is really bathetic...you need to go out in a rage over Gears of War or something similarly hardcore.

FFXII will be the end of days for a great many I fear...

Kreed

What an entertaining thread. It was like a story where you know going into it the main character dies and reading to find out how it happens.

AniHawk

Bebpo said:
FFXII will be the end of days for a great many I fear...

There's another game I'm really looking forward to. I liked what I played in the demo, and I don't care if the story doesn't have some craaaaaaazy plot twist. Just as long as it's told well, I should enjoy it.

Bebpo

Banned
AniHawk said:
There's another game I'm really looking forward to. I liked what I played in the demo, and I don't care if the story doesn't have some craaaaaaazy plot twist. Just as long as it's told well, I should enjoy it.

Yes. But like Okami it has some reasonable flaws and some people will bitch & moan about them endlessly in the main threads and then...get banned :p

renvi

Banned
If one word can discribe OKAMI, then it will be "Overrated".
the concept and graphics is cool, but the gameplay is simply toooo damn easy. as a game, gameplay is the thing that counts the most.

PS:
CajoleJuice said:
RE4 is overrated.
Oh please. RE4 thinks you are overrated. :lol

AniHawk

Bebpo said:
Yes. But like Okami it has some reasonable flaws and some people will bitch & moan about them endlessly in the main threads and then...get banned :p

Tell me now so I don't go in with ultra-high expectations (as long as it's not a spoiler).

Himu :(

plat06cp5.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Billy Rygar said:
Well to be honest there should be two FFXII threads, one positive and one negative.

To me it's like this. If you hate the game, by all mean hate it. If you have legitimate criticisms voice them. On the subject of FFXII, I usually like to draw Shouta and Scarlet out for fun and just tease the about it. But in reality, for the real thing, just don't start out by making it a convention on how you feel fanboys think, or whatever. Because that's what Himu did from the start. He made assertions about the people who loved the game that were bullshit.

Personally to me, Okami looks amazing. It's the first game that has made me want to buy a PS2. I love the art, the music, the style, etc. The gameplay looks good to me; almost like Zelda. Drinky's impressions really sold me.

Shouta

Dragona Akehi said:
Remember kids, Shouta loves Star Ocean 3 and Macross 7.

...Some things are UNFORGIVABLE.

I dunno, that whole "I'm a dragon, really!" phase kind of puts you in suspect too. ;o

"And on that note, it is literally impossible to challenge Wii as a console and be an advocate for Okami. It is impossible to hate on DS and love Okami. Okami is the exact thing that many Wii/DS detractors fear but what hasn't come to past with those systems yet (especially Wii because it's not out): an over simplification of the genre and gaming as a whole with gimmicks that stay fun for about five minutes and use almost no ounce of creativity."

what a godly line. :lol

relyt9

Testicular Sound Express said:
"And on that note, it is literally impossible to challenge Wii as a console and be an advocate for Okami. It is impossible to hate on DS and love Okami. Okami is the exact thing that many Wii/DS detractors fear but what hasn't come to past with those systems yet (especially Wii because it's not out): an over simplification of the genre and gaming as a whole with gimmicks that stay fun for about five minutes and use almost no ounce of creativity."

what a godly line. :lol

Lol.

cheers Himoru, I didn't play as much as you, but the reason why I decided to stop is because I received that ill feeling wich was ''am i ever going to play this game a 2nd time through ??'' that was the question

and then after 4 hours of gameplay, I realised that the story text is unskippable and will not change to the next text until you press O.
So in other words, you have to be sitting in front of the TV with the Dual Shock in your hands to proceed to the next text... that was brutal

Usually with unskippable FMVs, I just leave the room then come back later when it's finished. But sadly with Okami, you must be there to press O every freakin' time to proceed.... extremely painfull

back to my future predictions of goign through the game 2nd, time...... I don't see it happening...... so i shelfed the game

so, I'm selling my copy

cheers Himoru for standing up against the hype machine

Mifune

Mehmber
the reason why I decided to stop is because I received that ill feeling wich was ''am i ever going to play this game a 2nd time through ??'' that was the question

So you stopped playing the game the first time through because you didn't think you'd want to play it through a SECOND?

Now I've heard everything.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SnakeXs said:
Wow, if that really is him and someone's not, for some reason, "framing" him, that's beyond hilarious. Well, even if it's not him that's hilarious, but you know what I mean. :lol
if you look at megaten's history you'll noticed he's been stalking Himuro all over the forum.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4410017&postcount=814
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4340946&postcount=26
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4315435&postcount=17

there are more but I dont feel like posting them, it's disturbing really

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Error2k4 said:
if you look at megaten's history you'll noticed he's been stalking Himuro all over the forums.

What did you mommy tell you about two wrongs?

On top of that, regardless, it's ****ing childish. Period.

MegaTen

Banned
Error2k4 said:
if you look at megaten's history you'll noticed he's been stalking Himuro all over the forums.
Who's the stalking one? He oges on seperate videos I've uploaded on YouTube just to call me a "fag"? That clearly takes more effort than me just coming across his ridiculous posts. I just think the guy is a joke.. and I can't take anything he says seriously. I hate to use the term.. but he's what I'd call a "fake fan". Just someone that suddenly acts like they're into something to try and seem "cool" or whatever.

Mifune said:
So you stopped playing the game the first time through because you didn't think you'd want to play it through a SECOND?

Now I've heard everything.

well the best games (on a personnal level) are always games you would re-visit a 2nd play through or a 3rd play through or more.

it's the text that did it, it was painfull text. And I never want to go through that sort of unskippable text and having to be present with the O button to proceed to the next text.

the first game that came to mind was Shadow Of the Colossus... why?
because there are no NPCs, not text, no blabla unskippable text.. just play the game.
And if played through SOTC 3 times on normal and 1 time on hard and that's value.

back to Okami, yeah, I predicted that I wouldn't 2nd play through it, so I decided to shelf it

sorry, i'm an impatient old fart who doesn't stand for unskippable text or unskippable FMVs

Mifune

Mehmber
gutter_trash said:
well the best games (on a personnal level) are always games you would re-visit a 2nd play through or a 3rd play through or more.

it's the text that did it, it was painfull text. And I never want to go through that sort of unskippable text and having to be present with the O button to proceed to the next text.

because there are no NPCs, not text, no blabla unskippable text.. just play the game.
And if played through SOTC 3 times on normal and 1 time on hard and that's value.

back to Okami, yeah, I predicted that I wouldn't 2nd play through it, so I decided to shelf it

sorry, i'm an impatient old fart who doesn't stand for unskippable text or unskippable FMVs

Fair enough. I don't really understand, but fair enough.

gutter_trash said:

From what I've read, you can skip through ALL text in a New Game+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom