• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF let's talk Sandwiches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katori

I make a great sandwich. In fact I've often thought of opening a sandwich shop since I love them so much--my second favorite food, behind only a good steak.

I use:
  • A croissant, slice of Cuban bread, or other nice roll
  • Turkey - any high-quality non-"smoked" turkey
  • Salami
  • Havarti or Muenster cheese
  • Mayonnaise
  • A dab of spicy mustard
  • A light drizzle of "sandwich dressing"

It's the perfect sandwich every time. My girlfriend occasionally makes them as well and she has gotten great at my method, though she prefers hers with honey mustard and without salami.

But really, I like all sandwiches. My favorite that isn't my own is the Italian. Seeing those Publix Cubanos is making my mouth water. I might pick one up tonight.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
food-sandwich.png

Cth

There's a Sub Station near the hospital that sells a "Scrap Sandwich" which is awesome.

Basically, the deli uses the slabs of meat and cheese throughout the day and when they reach the end of those, they toss them into a container.

Eventually, there's this container that has every type of meat and cheese they sell. When someone wants a scrap sandwich they take those out and dice them into half inch cubes and toss em in a french loaf and add toppings.

You can get it hot or cold.. when it's hot, the whole thing becomes this glob of meat and cheese that's amazing :D

It doesn't hurt that it comes with a free drink either, all for something ridiculous like $5.

JJDubz

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Omaha-Herald-Reuben.jpeg

I like a messy-ass Reuben. I want it falling all over itself trying to shove itself all over my face and mouth.

Dripping. Wet.

With that naughty Thousand Island Sauce.

Roast Pork, Stuffing , Crackling and Apple Sauce
Egg Mayo
BLT
Chip Butty
Ploughmans

My fave's, none of that pretentious shit.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Oh and I can't forget the fried shrimp Po Boy, considered a favorite here on the gulf coast in Texas and Louisiana since fresh seafood is easy to come by. I like mine with Siracha mayo.

SDCowboy

Just made a grilled pastrami and provolone sandwich. Grilled it in a pan with a little butter. It's good. It's damn good.

mYm|17|

Bongos in Seattle is pretty legit for Caribbean food.

Caribbean jerk spiced chicken, served over mango slaw on a toasted saba
roll.
QP2puQA.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bongos in Seattle is pretty legit for Caribbean food.

Caribbean jerk spiced chicken, served over mango slaw on a toasted saba
roll.
QP2puQA.jpg

I like sitting down to eat there, never had take out. However I still think Paseo has he better sandwich and it's like, less than a mile away...

see5harp

Bahn Mi is my personal favorite but the Italian Beef deserves more love than it gets. It basically makes the French dip sorta unnecessary.

EDIT: paseo's in seattle is fucking delicious though eat there.

mYm|17|

I like sitting down to eat there, never had take out. However I still think Paseo has he better sandwich and it's like, less than a mile away...

When I was living in Ballard, I liked going to Bongos a lot. It's been a few months since I went.

Paseo is down the street from where I work and I haven't been there since it re-opened. Can you tell if there is a difference between the old Paseo Caribbean roast sandwich and new?

gimmmick

langers-19-1500x999.jpg

Langer's Deli
# 19

This is possibly the greatest sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. It's worth the trip to downtown LA whenever I'm in SoCal.

f0nz0

Sandwhiches are an obsession of mine, pretty much my perfect food

Roast beef and Turkey on a white roll
All the fixings + American cheese = the best dog, the best

1. Reuben
2. Italian combo sub
3. Bahn Mi

I used to make a god tier Reuben when I was a lunch cook. Damn, I miss those days.

Best bahn mi I've had was on the streets of Saigon. Barbecue pork with some kind of mayo and pickled veggies. Fuck, I wanna go back just for that!

langers-19-1500x999.jpg

Langer's Deli
# 19

This is possibly the greatest sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. It's worth the trip to downtown LA whenever I'm in SoCal.

Langer's is great, but I'm a Canter's guy.

If any of you are in the bay area looking for a place to eat, come to my work (The Greedy Ant)! Probably the best sandwiches, but maybe I'm slightly biased. :p

This is the Naughty Italian.

Porchetta
Salami
Fresh Mozzerella
Olive/Pepper Spread
Garlic/Paprika Mayo
Tomatoes
Greens

O66dV3Q.jpg

Now I might have to make this when I go in soon.

Although this is our signature sandwich, I much prefer the Ham I Am. TRUFFLE HAM IS AMAZING!! I will never not love the smell when we first open up a new one.

gamz

If any of you are in the bay area looking for a place to eat, come to my work (The Greedy Ant)! Probably the best sandwiches, but maybe I'm slightly biased. :p

This is the Naughty Italian.

Porchetta
Salami
Fresh Mozzerella
Olive/Pepper Spread
Garlic/Paprika Mayo
Tomatoes
Greens

O66dV3Q.jpg

Now I might have to make this when I go in soon.

Although this is our signature sandwich, I much prefer the Ham I Am. TRUFFLE HAM IS AMAZING!! I will never not love the smell when we first open up a new one.

Holy shit does that look great! Gimme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom