• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Titanfall 2 will launch roughly three weeks from Battlefield 1

bombshell

Dartastic

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

I want to play both of those games a lottttttttttt crap that's too close togetherrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Late September would be fine. November means it'll be fighting everything else.
3 weeks might be just enough.. August would have been better though I think.

Dang I plan on getting these both but that's pretty crazy how close they are launching them. Battlefield 1 is sure looking like a massive success. Hopefully it doesn't negatively impact Titanfall 2 too much, but given how different the settings / gameplay are from each other I suspect it won't.

It's a build strategy, but these do seen like the most diametrically opposite multiplayer shooters one company could release.

Fingers crossed they both succeed.

Lunar15

Big shooters releasing in the time that big shooters get released.

That said, I'm feeling a delay on Titanfall 2 for some reason. Call it a hunch.

Toki767

I'm sure in EA's mind, they're both different games, but this is probably not a good idea when COD is also probably going to launch within the same 30 day time frame.

Fucking stupid. Titanfall would have made a fantastic January 2017 game.
I honestly think spring would have worked. It certainly did for the first game.. And being away from that time of year helped overwatch too. It gives you more attention. 'm surprised they haven't delayed it to be honest.

There are only so many months in the 'Holiday" window so being essentially one month apart isn't that crazy.

I'm personally a lot more interested in Titanfall 2, assuming there is a single player campaign this time around.

There should really be a bigger gap between them. I don't know why EA insists on releasing them both in the busiest, most hectic part of the year.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Oh man, this holiday packed with awesomeness shooters. Battlefield, Gears and Titanfall.

bombshell

Anyone else thinking EA are trying to overwhelm Call of Duty by releasing 2 shooters around the release of Infinite Warfare? (assuming Titanfall 2 is 3 weeks after BF1)

I can't see any other reason why they don't delay Titanfall 2 to early next year.

There should really be a bigger gap between them. I don't know why EA insists on releasing them both in the busiest, most hectic part of the year.
EA doesn't care about your personal time. EA cares about putting out their biggest games during the Holiday season because that's when they sell the most.

Is Gears 4 October?

Three big shooters potentially all releasing within a month of each other? Fuck!

Luckily all 3 have incredibly different play styles

But yeah Gears 4, Battlefield 1, and Titanfall 2 all in October? Its hard to see how one of these doesn't get overwhelmed. Battlefield is a sure fire hit at this point its just a question if the other 2 can take it.

Maybe Titanfall 2 is November though

In my veins. All over my face. Hard as a rock. Need new pants. Cutting glass.

Pick one.

I don't need a social life anyway.

CrayToes

Anyone else thinking EA are trying to overwhelm Call of Duty by releasing 2 shooters around the release of Infinite Warfare? (assuming Titanfall 2 is 3 weeks after BF1)

I can't see any other reason why they don't delay Titanfall 2 to early next year.

I'm thinking this decision might be Respawn's. I bet they're relishing the idea of launching at the same time as the new Infinity Ward game.

I feel like these are positioned to compliment each other. Battlefield satiates the crowd passionate about going back to their roots with World War stuff, and Titanfall answers people's craving for future warfare, and is their direct answer to Call of Duty.

Im calling it now either gears 4 gets a delay or it wont do as well as it should(if its good of course) titanfall,battlefield,mafia 3 and call of duty all around there. Throw in watch dogs 2,for honor and others I wouldn't dare release my first party title in the holidays.

psyfi

Banned
I enjoyed the first game, but I honestly see the sequel getting buried with all the competition this year.

Edit : Not to mention I'll still be playing Overwatch and Halo 5 probably.

I feel like these are positioned to compliment each other. Battlefield satiates the crowd passionate about going back to their roots with World War stuff, and Titanfall answers people's craving for future warfare, and is their direct answer to Call of Duty.

I think you are right. This is probably their November title and are positioning it to go head to head with COD

Top Bottom