• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered gameplay tomorrow, July 14.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh God, please no. It's going to make me want to buy it all over again.

Please sell it separately, Activision. I know you won't but... please?
Your resistance is futile. You're coming with me day 0.

OG2ClHgEbCGm4.gif

etta

my hard graphic balls
Awesome mission amazing game and nice GIF I can't wait to play that mission again it's one of the best FPS missions of all time the atmosphere is simply supreme
The atmosphere was amazing all throughout, that's what was so amazing about it. It always felt I was right there in Iraq and Russia and Ukraine. The perks of having it set in contemporary times, and if you have talented designers. None of the CoDs after Black Ops 1 had very atmospheric settings for me.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looking forward to this.

I look at CoD this year as me buying a remaster for full price, and getting a pack in game for a little extra. (IW)

Awesome bonus if IW turns out to be great...

I expect them to include missing MW maps in the season pass... They would be extremely smart in doing so!

There wont be a season pass for this remaster.

The reason its only 10 Maps, they are redoing all the assets etc. Its not a simple port. Dont get why people still complain.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
There wont be a season pass for this remaster.

The reason its only 10 Maps, they are redoing all the assets etc. Its not a simple port. Dont get why people still complain.

I think he means they'll be in the season pass for Infinite Warfare rather than it's own separate pass. I could see it happening honestly and it would be very smart on Activisions part. Depending on how long Raven have been working on the remaster for, if it's been a few years now I'd expect them to do all the maps.

Would it be foolish to think the remaster might get maps added later for free? I feel like this is a scenario where Activision might finally not want to fragment their playbase after a year by keeping DLCs $15 a pop for all the old games. I swear Ghosts and AW would benefit so much if they made the DLC free for everyone now like Titanfall did.

I think he means they'll be in the season pass for Infinite Warfare rather than it's own separate pass. I could see it happening honestly and it would be very smart on Activisions part. Depending on how long Raven have been working on the remaster for, if it's been a few years now I'd expect them to do all the maps.

I still doubt this remaster will see new MP maps.

All the focus is on Infinite Warfare

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I still doubt this remaster will see new MP maps.

All the focus is on Infinite Warfare

You could fair well be right but Activisions main goal is money and if that's one way to get folks to buy the season pass then they might do it.

Guess we'll find out soon enough :)

You could fair well be right but Activisions main goal is money and if that's one way to get folks to buy the season pass then they might do it.

Guess we'll find out soon enough :)

If there would be more maps for this remaster, they would have already announced that.

They already announced the Season Pass stuff for Infinite Warfare

CHC

Not going to lie I'm pretty excited to see the facelift on this. Modern Warfare was one of my favorite FPS campaigns despite the bad precedent it set for imitators (which we seem to now JUST be escaping from), but I can't deny that I still love it.

Daffy Duck

I'm really not interested in seeing more of the MW:R campaign, I know what the story is, I know the missions, and I know they will look great in this game. Just seems like Activision have nothing else to hype up at this stage.

Overboost

I'm really not interested in seeing more of the MW:R campaign, I know what the story is, I know the missions, and I know they will look great in this game. Just seems like Activision have nothing else to hype up at this stage.
If this is anything like the MWR footage they showed at the Sony COD theater at E3, you will want to see this. It's beautiful.

And they should have TONS to talk about within the next 6 weeks. There's an Infinity Ward live stream on Friday showing off weapons and vehicles in Infinite Warfare, then they're announcing more details about the IW story/cast next week at Comic-Con with Greg Miller (and Treyarch's there for their new Zombies comic series with Dark Horse), then presumably they reveal IW Zombies next month, then MP on Sept. 2nd at XP, which is basically right around the corner. Then it's tons probably of info on all five parts of the package (IW SP, IW MP, IW Zombies, MWR SP, and MWR MP) until launch in November.

All Ghillied Up always looked really good, no?
I'd say All Ghillied Up was the best level gameplay-wise, but visually I always thought it didn't hold a candle to Crew Expendable. It's a very dynamic level when it comes to lighting, FX, particles and such, which is what set it apart from the rest of the levels in my opinion when it comes to visuals.

Top Bottom