• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – "Black Sky" campaign gameplay

kuYuri

Just as a heads up, this is apparently the first level of the campaign, hence why there's no type of advanced movement introduced in the level. You get those abilities later.

Newlove

And the space shooting section seems on rails.

I hope further sequence in space jet are more free ala Halo Reach

Well apparently its not on rails according to the devs. It looks like once you lock on with the trigger it sticks you close on their tail.

Spoo

I don't like saying nice things about CoD, but that ground-to-air transition is *really* well done.

killroy87

Game looks fun as hell to me!

I will gladly pick this up, alongside Titanfall and Battlefield this fall.

There doesn't need to be a winner and loser. We are the winners :)

Gaogaogao

What the hell is wrong with those dislikes on every COD video?
It's really suspect.

I guess its still in vogue to let everyone know you hate call of duty.

I like the transforming sniper rifle. it will be interesting to see what terminal looks like. I wanna go to space

Ashtar

So this is the sequel to binary domain that we never got?
Looks okay, but dang can I kill some humans? how am I supposed to learn to be a psychopath if i barely draw any human blood
Edit: made it to the end of the trailer, the space part was pretty cool

Yup... I'm 100% done with the series after Black Ops 3.

I keep telling myself I'm done every time, but this time with TitanFall 2 and Battlefield 1 coming out. I'm definitely done with the series.

I couldn't even finish the campaign in BO3 because it was God awful!

jet1911

So this is the sequel to binary domain that we never got?
Looks okay, but dang can I kill some humans? how am I supposed to learn to be a psychopath if i barely draw any human blood

There were a fair bit of human killing in the vid!

It looked ok until they went into space. Then it was COD in spacecraft. The effect of the canopy was really well done.

This actually looks really impressive, it feels more like a sci-fi spin-off game using the CoD framework than a mainline CoD. The sound design is really good too.

Yup... I'm 100% done with the series after Black Ops 3.

I keep telling myself I'm done every time, but this time with TitanFall 2 and Battlefield 1 coming out. I'm definitely done with the series.

I couldn't even finish the campaign in BO3 because it was God awful!

They're dropping the open environments and 4 player co-op from BO3. It's back to the more linear/set-piece experience that the series is known for.

GreyWind

The lighting and colour palette has changed drastically. Like someone pointed above it gave me BF vibes. Looking good :)

RU8XVk0.jpg

Man I can already tell from that video I'm going to get a lot of friendly fire warnings in SP campaign :(

"oops, sorry civilian for killing you, thought you were a robot. my bad."

With a distance of what seems like a few hundred kilometers between the ships that space dogfight near the end looks very claustrophobic despite being in space. It looks so small.

I'm not asking for kilometer-long ships nuking each other at dozens of AU from one another, but these ones here almost looked like models.

The ground combat looks like a very standard affair, so not much is special about that. However the space sequence adds a pretty interesting dynamic. I'll still have to wait and see how multiplayer is looking, but at least it seems like they're thankfully reverting to boots on ground combat.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The lighting and colour palette has changed drastically. Like someone pointed above it gave me BF vibes. Looking good :)
Comparison shot with the old lighting?
Oh never mind this just looks like they changed it to take place during the night/early morning. Hmmm, I wonder if you could choose time of day.

Keasar

Guess I'll repost my thoughts from the other thread here where its more appropriate:

The singleplayer gameplay does look cool. Though I wonder if they can beat the current bar of Advanced Warfare in terms of characters and story. To me that is half the reason why I liked AW so much more than any of the other latest CoD games (the other good ones being CoD1, 2 and MW1). And I mean campaign only, I don't touch the multiplayer.

Also, sci-fi remains cool as fuck.
And the space shooting section seems on rails.

I hope further sequence in space jet are more free ala Halo Reach
I'm getting the feeling they got a lot of inspiration for the space segment from Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, especially the "lock-on follow" mechanic where you lock onto a craft and you'll fly on autopilot along a set "cinematic" path after that craft. That is more or less the dogfight mechanic from AC:AH.
Circle and everything. Other than that it seems to me you are in free flight mode all other times.

djnewwest

Banned
What with none wearing helmets in the future?
Looks like a typical hollywood shit movie that's rated PG13 starring michelle rodriguez and christopher meloni. Give me some real soldiers and real special forces shit.

Keasar

More robot bollocks, whee.

I like robots. :(

They make for great enemies that can come in gigantic amounts of variety depending how creative you dare to go. They can have interesting effects depending on where you shoot them. Like in the video you saw one that engages a self-destruct mode after beinh hurt too much and another that starts crawling after you after getting its legs shot off. Binary Domain, a sorta old third person shooter, was a great example of what you could do with robots as enemies, you just have to dare to go weird with their design.

Top Bottom