• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Back-To-School Deals, Offers Some of the Biggest Hits for sub-$20

Kyzer

Banned
I always wanted to play Luigi's mansion on gcn, played for maybe a couple hours once. Would I be able to scratch that itch with LM2?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
EVERYONE needs to buy Lego City Undercover. Load times are atrocious but it's the secret best game on Wii U.

maxcriden

I always wanted to play Luigi's mansion on gcn, played for maybe a couple hours once. Would I be able to scratch that itch with LM2?

Yes, I think so. It's a bit different but better and longer IMO. It's a bit less open world in its approach but there is much more to do and see. It's wildly creative as well.

Damn it!!! I JUST bought Luigi's Mansion digitally yesterday for $40...

Ask for a refund. Can't hurt. Talk to Nintendo CS. You might not get anywhere but I think it's worth it to ask.

If they won't refund you, personally I recommend you start playing it if you haven't and really soak up all the enjoyment you can from it (and it is a wonderful game) so you can say to yourself, at least I got to play it earlier than if I'd waited.

Balb

Still waiting for a price drop for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Sure, the game is a huge disappointment, but it is worth some amount of money (probably around $20) for the solid mechanics.

Cloud7

Nintendo is selectively selling hot Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games directly to us at the right time. NX awaits.

It's a bit different. Luigi's Mansion is more like Nintendo's take on traditional horror games. LM2 is more mission based and has a more arcadey feel.

I ended up liking LM2 more. The arcade gameplay works well for the series, and it's a really well made game.

Still waiting for a price drop for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Sure, the game is a huge disappointment, but it is worth some amount of money (probably around $20) for the solid mechanics.

So am I. I think I'd probably jump at 20. Although I got the 3DS game for like 10 dollars.

kswiston

I assume that Nintendo is doing their 50% markup in Canada. I might pick up Wind Waker down the road, but $30 for the 3ds titles is too much for games that have been $40/45 since launch. Some of the eshop sales have been cheaper.

EVERYONE needs to buy Lego City Undercover. Load times are atrocious but it's the secret best game on Wii U.

The loads are only between the police station and the open world. There's no loads in the city.

There are over a minute though.

Surprised it's stayed at around $40. It sold like 35,000 copies it's first two months, below even Amiibo Festival. That dropped to $30 quickly but each package takes up much more space and more copies were probably shipped.

It's well worth $20. While the game is content starved, it's still Mario Tennis which is always fun. Looks pretty nice too.

Hopefully they take the Wii U game as a base, add a ton of content to it and relaunch on the NX.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The loads are only between the police station and the open world. There's no loads in the city.

There are over a minute though.

Surprised it's stayed at around $40. It sold like 35,000 copies it's first two months, below even Amiibo Festival. That dropped to $30 quickly but each package takes up much more space and more copies were probably shipped.

Problem is that you go to the station all the time.

Balb

Surprised it sold that poorly. Guessing that's the worst selling game with Mario in this title in a long time.

Surprised it's the low. Guessing that's the worst selling game with Mario in this title in a long time.

Launch month in NA, November, was less than 20,000 copies sold. Compare to Xenoblade Chronicles X which sold over 200,000 the next month.

A good message to Nintendo about quality.

You're probably right about the Mario thing.

StereoVsn

Well, this is exciting (minus the Zelda part where I bought full priced and still haven't opens it). I'll probably get most of that list for my daughter over the holidays. Plus with BB GCU, the games are $16 each.

Might also get the New3DS for Christmas. She has my OG 3DS XL and that's a bit too large for her.

LM2 is literally fetch quest the game. I never played the first LM but if you liked all the fetch quests in LoZ (e.g. gathering tears of light), you'll like LM2.

espher

LCU will finally be joining my collection, I guess.

Also tempted to buy the Amiibo/Game bundles for the collection but I never did get the original YY/MP10 bundles, so... yeah. Feel like I should write those off.

Top Bottom