• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Back-To-School Deals, Offers Some of the Biggest Hits for sub-$20

I'm glad more people will get to play Lego City Undercover on Wii U, but I'm equally glad I sold my copy when it still commanded a premium.

Or you can get refurb from Nintendo for like $20-$30 and it's basically new.

I'm sorry? I'm on their site and they're showing a price for the combo for $60.

That's not how Nintendo works. If a Nintendo game sells well, it takes a long time before Nintendo drops the price. Some of their games go up in price instead.

3D World is $20 and it sells well so I'm going to say that selling well is not a sufficient condition.

I was hoping for Zelda: LBW like Europe has for Greatest Hits, but I'm happy about both of the LEGO City Undercover games being discounted.

Glix

Thats my favorite face plate, my favorite revision of the hardware, and one of my fav 3DS games. Killer deal.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Here's the package from NoA's Twitter account

CpbezpWXYAAIxrs.jpg

Ridley327

Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

Sorry, slight change, since it was actually $35. It was still less than normal retail for 3DS games, since that was during a period when Nintendo was doing a lot of flexible pricing. I think Kirby Triple Deluxe was also $35, while Mario Golf and DKCR3D were $30.

Although I still have my copy of LCU, I'm SO HAPPY it's in the line-up finally! :D

Shame the N3DS has 3D Land pre-installed, as I have it already digitally so that's a pointless thing for me. :/

I REALLY hope we see Bayonetta 1 and 2 as NS titles later on as that will give Bayo 1 a standalone retail release finally.

Tjamato88

Has anyone used the new 3DS? I'm thinking about getting one but I'm struggling to decide between the new 3DS and the 3DS XL.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Has anyone used the new 3DS? I'm thinking about getting one but I'm struggling to decide between the new 3DS and the 3DS XL.

i traded my XL for a regular - loved it. it's now portable enough for me to actually carry around on the subway.

As a Nintendo fan I applaud and am happy for these new options. As a Nintendo fan I already owned all of these titles. Dammit!

Well.. if you don't... enjoy ;)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

The New Nintendo 3DS is Nintendo's third best handheld to date. (First being the DSi and second being the Game Boy Micro.)

The N3DSXL is just big to the point of being hilarious, so you want to go N3DS all the way.

I've been wanting to upgrade to a New 3DS for a while, but I've been holding out for a Pokemon Sun/Moon edition in NA. This SM3DL one is pretty tempting, though. I already own the game, so I'd really only be getting cover plates out of the deal.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Sorry, slight change, since it was actually $35. It was still less than normal retail for 3DS games, since that was during a period when Nintendo was doing a lot of flexible pricing. I think Kirby Triple Deluxe was also $35, while Mario Golf and DKCR3D were $30.

I believe ACNL launched at $35 or $40 and dropped to $30 back when Nintendo dropped the price of a bunch of titles at once (DKR3D, YNI, etc.)

Anastasis

$150 new ceiling for new 3DS could make for some fantastic Black Friday deals. I was thinking about upgrading from my Zelda:ALBW 3DSXL that I got on Black Friday for $150 back in 2013, but I'll hold off until then.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Meanwhile, Starfox 64 3D still costs $60+ tax at many places in the US (while in Europe it's readily available and basically $20).

Well played Nintendo.

Well played.

n3DS for $150..*screams* I got the animal crossing bundle for a lot more.
Me too. I think I paid $220 for it. Nintendo was basically scalping all of us that were waiting for its North American launch.

I picked up Luigi's Mansion in the recent Best Buy buy one get one half price deal. Glad I did because I can't stand to own those horrible Nintendo Selects covers.

Has this new $150 bundle been made available for pre-order yet?

AdanVC

All of this announcements used to appear on Nintendo Directs... :'(. Good times.

Also, lot's of good stuff for cheap. Everyone should get Capitan Todd: El Cazador de Treasures. Best Nintendo spin-off game in a while.

Is that New 3DS a permanent system or a limited edition? If its not limited I'll probably nabbit sometime next year as I've only just gotten a new 2DS, but that'll probably have to get replaced eventually as I destroy my circle pad again with Smash :lol. >_>

Can't wait for the N3DS to be ridiculously lowly stocked in Canada so scalpers get them
This is probably going to happen in the US too. Just read that these are exclusive to Walmart/Target so I can't even preorder from Amazon.com. I'm based in the UK, so will need to find a North American that can buy and ship to me.

Ugh.

Great news! I've been waiting on a price drop for Luigi's Mansion 2, so I can actually play it.

Tomodachi Life is also very enticing at that price.

Will that new 3DS bundle become a new standard SKU, or is it a limited release? I really want the smaller N3DS, but I don't really want to buy one so soon.

Top Bottom