• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR A few Resident Evil 7 PS4 Pro shots leak

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I'm not quite sure the source of these pictures, people point to a Twitter user, but the things he posts don't seem to be by him but just sharing information. anyways, these could be real or fake, so putting up the 'rumor' label.

Four screenshots leak which seem to be from the PS4 Pro version of Resident Evil 7, which show an enemy, two weapons, and some screenshots of locations from the game.

CsO7lfJWcAQInyH.jpg

CsO7lebWcAAgOej.jpg

CsO7lerWAAAA0av.jpg

CsO7leuWYAAQLmS.jpg

The timing might be good since Capcom literally did just announce RE7 would have PS4 Pro support at the TGS hidden press-only conference a few hours ago, but to be seen since there is a RE7 stage event this Saturday.

This is as good time as any to post about this, but there is also a recent rumor that's been posted that Resident Evil 7 a couple weeks back (to clarify, this is a separate rumor and not related to the screens above) that claims it
features a dialogue choice system, multiple endings, almost no cutscenes, an encounter with a giant submerged underwater monster, some other details that are a bit more spoilery, the son of the Baker family, Lucas, plays a big role in the game, Chris Redfield makes a cameo in RE7,
and some other things which may pave way to be fake or true. This screenshot was posted with that rumor:

41IBo-mucyao-s8y3yQt9K1KW7JmsmfzAeRBH7x5vWw-e1473202258656.jpg

There was apparently a few pictures posted to Reddit admins to prove its legit, but only the above one found its way to the public, so take that as you will.

The full info from that rumor:
-A moral and dialogue choice system will feature prominently, and will change the course of the game, including the ending.
-Your first weapon will be a Swiss Army Knife.
-Emphasis on close-quarters weapons, no long-range firearms like sniper rifles.
-There are cutscenes, but they’re very limited; used to highlight essential information, and the camera will still be movable. No QTEs.
-The VHS tape segments will be used to solve puzzles and more.
-The characters shown during the CEDEC Photogrammetry presentation are not Ethan or Mia (the main characters we know of).
-Massive mutant bosses return, including one that is submerged in water.
-The person in the wheelchair from the Desolation trailer is a woman named Camile.
-Lucas Baker, son of Jack and Marguirette, will feature prominently in the game
-Classic Resident Evil characters will be returning.

To be seen if they have any substance or not.

Of the character Mia from RE7, who is playable in the Lantern section. To be seen how this plays out, however.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Looks nice, I actually love the lack of info about the main campaign.

Elios83

Pro support for RE7 was confirmed by Capcom today btw.
4K and HDR will supported.

Looking forward to see more about the game, its story and gameplay.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'll click on the odd one of these threads but honest to god, I want Capcom to keep absolutely quiet about the main campaign.

It's very refreshing in an age where games get announced three years pre-launch with huge blowouts.

Is that the Family, Son guy on fire?

Anyway, kinda bad screens but also hard to go on from the quality. I thought the demo looked fine so as long as it at least looks as good as the demo, I'm fine with that.

Al-San

Neo Member
Well, I'm convinced. Looks great!

Actually can't tell from those pics, but it doesn't look impressive by any means. Will wait for something more concrete.

PS4 pro games with VR support need to detail what the system does for their VR versions. Cause I'd be prepared to upgrade depending on what we're talking about here.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
PS4 pro games with VR support need to detail what the system does for their VR versions. Cause I'd be prepared to upgrade depending on what we're talking about here.
2 x pixel count & better performance/fps would be a fair estimate given the GPU jump. Cerny also confirmed this specific example for one of the VR games(Farpoint) he showed off at the official presentation couple of days back.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That POV in that third pic makes the protagonist look about 3' tall.

The third shot is the one that makes me question the legitimacy of this the most. It kind of looks like the shots at CEDEC, but I think the CEDEC shots were mainly engine tests.

For comparision:

0b41f13ef0d6e3bd5183edc75853789e.jpg
0d27e6549d377f9dfc2b24f68d88337e.jpg

Looks like shit. How can capcom release a game that looks this bad in 2017??

If these are real, keep in mind RE7 runs at a solid 60fps on PS4/Xbox One.

AdaWong

I highly doubt Leon, Chris, Claire and Ada are returning, so that only leaves Jill of the main classic characters to return. Rejoice Jill fans!

First person... I'm really not digging this change. Why not give us the ability to change to third person.

It looks like your typical zombie, monster shooter.

Lucent

How can you say the game looks like shit when they're bad pics taken from a phone of a screen? That's what it looks like to me. Besides, we had a demo to play.

Also, Dusk, your spoiler tag wasn't finished.

The third shot is the one that makes me question the legitimacy of this the most. It kind of looks like the shots at CEDEC, but I think the CEDEC shots were mainly engine tests.

If these are real, keep in mind RE7 runs at a solid 60fps on PS4/Xbox One.

Who would go through the effort of making that garage and mansion just for giggles tho

I will say the texture quality is rough tho, but if it's in VR and 60fps then pretty cool

Even in the Beginning Hour I thought Family Man looked pretty rough

maxresdefault.jpg

I think that's him in the garage shot? Placeholder for random enemy or?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I hate off camera footage, i can't glean anything from that!

Not to mention, i don't expect it to look different from the PS4 game sans resolution, so atleast have some direct feed footage ready

Jawmuncher

Please no.

PLEASE.

It's not too big of an issue. The plant in RE1 was a big boss for example. As was the giant alligator in re2.

I highly doubt Leon, Chris, Claire and Ada are returning, so that only leaves Jill of the main classic characters to return. Rejoice Jill fans!
I think Chris has the highest chance of returning. He's in vendetta, and is a big face for the BSAA and the series as a whole. So going back to Dusks Detective post. A outbreak that has the BSAA come in to resolve it is an easy way to get Chris in.
Since for Jill, there's not much on what she is doing at the moment. In Rev 2 the last bit was her still going through tests.

Top Bottom