• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR A few Resident Evil 7 PS4 Pro shots leak

NovaCross

Neo Member
This is what I don't get. It's been very clear what Capcom are going for with this game. I just wish people would accept that RE is changing style again and just go with it - if it turns out ass, then shit on it!

As for me, I'm a huge RE fan and I couldn't be more psyched for VII!

Same here. After 6, I'm all for change in the series and a new direction. I think the game is shaping up to be interesting.

thelastword

Banned
this one looks rough.
How do you know, I think this game at a higher resolution, improved AA, AF and textures...... than what I played of the demo on PS4 will be quite a looker. HDR will really sell his game.....

These are simply some shitty offscreen shots, the high res effects and lighting will be something to behold.

What the fuck! I can't even leave the Living Room! Someone took the goddamn shotgun and the the ceiling in the previous art room came crashing down. I'm trapped here, someone help!

How can I defend my house if this happens every time I grab my gun

They're already taking truckloads of art and trap parts and I'm stuck under a giant block of concrete

Same here. After 6, I'm all for change in the series and a new direction. I think the game is shaping up to be interesting.

me too! I think this is shaping up very nicely indeed. I also love that we don't know much about it - a refreshing change from a 2-3 year period of information overload and inevitable disappointment.

King_Moc

Banned
I literally can't tell a single thing from those screens.

The demo looked pretty good though, so I imagine it looks somewhat better than that.

-Classic Resident Evil characters will be returning.

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

Anung

Un Rama
fuck
old characters returning
the series needs a clean break.
how can I take this threat seriously if a character can show up who can kill an entire continent of mutant BoW's?

Rest is sounding good and the more I here the more my interest grows.

Bergerac

Well there goes all hope that somehow only the demo would be in first person.

Perspective doesn't change what you're doing.

The tools of the game ARE the game.

That's why RE6 doesn't fit with classic RE. It's not the perspective, it's the suplexes. All of a sudden the guns and ammo that were your lifeline in the first game, are borderine meaningless as rules in the sixth.

This game has, from what we know, very similar rules to classic RE.

Screw the perspective. It doesn't matter. It's the RULES that need to return.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok, now that there's more details coming out I'm actually more excited for the game. It's good they're trying something new but I was somewhat hoping this would be a game entirely devoid of combat and guns.. I guess it's better than nothing.

Can't wait to see what photo-realistic looking Chris Redfield looks like and if he still has the tree trunk arms or not.

This game is gonna get delayed so hard.

Probably not .. RE6 was released half a year after it's first trailer too.

For some reason those wonky screenshots have gotten me more interested🤔🤔
Maybe its the fact that the character is actually holding a gun🤔🤔

Jawmuncher

fuck
old characters returning
the series needs a clean break.
how can I take this threat seriously if a character can show up who can kill an entire continent of mutant BoW's?

Rest is sounding good and the more I here the more my interest grows.

I mean it's not a full reboot, and it's set in the same universe. Makes sense for old characters to still be adound in some form. Plus it's sounding more like cameos. Chris shakes you awake at the end of the game and goes "are you alright?". Stuff like that doesn't affect new players, and adds some to long time fans who are more about the universe than the gameplay.

Both. Have one strong narrative and ending.
I have a feeling itll have multiple endings, but only one will be canon. It'll also be obviously canon. No picking and choosing parts like with REmake.
Perspective doesn't change what you're doing.

The tools of the game ARE the game.

That's why RE6 doesn't fit with classic RE. It's not the perspective, it's the suplexes. All of a sudden the guns and ammo that were your lifeline in the first game, are borderine meaningless as rules in the sixth.

This game has, from what we know, very similar rules to classic RE.

Screw the perspective. It doesn't matter. It's the RULES that need to return.

You can't get on RE6 and not mention 4&5 as well.
The replayability/multiple endings of the first games, in particular RE2, was amazng, so...

I can get where he is coming from. With RE1-3 it's a bit of a pain that certain routes and actions are canon. So it makes the multiple routes kind of odd. I don't mind, but I can see why it bothers some. Especially since capcom isnt very quick on saying which route is canon.

I mean it's not a full reboot, and it's set in the same universe. Makes sense for old characters to still be adound in some form. Plus it's sounding more like cameos. Chris shakes you awake at the end of the game and goes "are you alright?". Stuff like that doesn't affect new players, and adds some to long time fans who are more about the universe than the gameplay.

Find a VHS tape left by
Chris and we get a little segment where we FALCON PAWNCH zombies in VR

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RE6 was shown off a lot more than RE7 was, comparatively.

The game just looks really rough and there's still not much to go on.

Well we haven't exactly had a lot of opportunities for this to be shown. IIRC Capcom is having a multi day streaming event in a few days, I have to imagine they'll show a lot more of this game then.

Personally I really don't want this game to get delayed, we've had far too many of those already ..

Jawmuncher

Well we haven't exactly had a lot of opportunities for this to be shown. IIRC Capcom is having a multi day streaming event in a few days, I have to imagine they'll show a lot more of this game then.

Personally I really don't want this game to get delayed, we've had far too many of those already ..

I doubt it gets delayed. There's like a 2% chance it does. Capcom is trying to load that last week of January into a RE celebration.

MiguelItUp

I'm surprised so many are judging the visuals from these rough images. I'm interested in seeing how this pans out, especially since the gameplay I saw a while ago just didn't speak to me. Some of that information definitely got me more interested though, which is exciting!

The game doesn't look that bad. It's good that they focus on performance and atmosphere first, even if it's aimed at VR (which I don't care about). I'm really curious about how this game will turn out. I'm intrigued by the dialogue and puzzle segments.

Let's also not forget the choices you could make in RE1/REmake when it came to saving people and getting multiple endings. So it's really not anything new for the series

If it's more interactive than choosing two dialogue lines in a conversation for path to ending a, or path to ending b, then great.

otherwise, zzzzz

gconsole

LOl this game sounds more RE than the shitty RE5/6 combine. How come some people hate it so much? Apart from new perspective, the rest sounds awesome. It's more interesting than mindless blasting zombie run and gun with no freaking myst and puzzle.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Both. Have one strong narrative and ending.

You are aware that RE has had multiple endings and story branches since RE1 right? Jill and Chris had two stories, Leon and Claire both had two endings, RE3 had branching paths all around.

How is returning to elements that made RE, RE a bad thing?

KORNdoggy

You are aware that RE has had multiple endings and story branches since RE1 right? Jill and Chris had two stories, Leon and Claire both had two endings, RE3 had branching paths all around.

Because people need something to hate? With every new bit of info/footage its becoming clearer and clearer this is a return to form for the franchise, but people gotta find something to complain about i guess.

Mato

It somehow looks rather low poly but I'll take that as an indication that the game world will be fairly interactive with plenty of dynamic lighting. Besides, low poly can be very pleasing to the eye if done right, just look at Inside.

Jawmuncher

LOl this game sounds more RE than the shitty RE5/6 combine. How come some people hate it so much? Apart from new perspective, the rest sounds awesome. It's more interesting than mindless blasting zombie run and gun with no freaking myst and puzzle.

RE has multiple fan bases at this point.
There's people who only like the classic, people who only like the action, and those who will play anything. Some people just prefer killing shit and lookibg cool, while others want more exploring and such. Neither fanbase is wrong for what they want.

Despite what some people would say.

Regardless Capcom will never please all of the fanbase they made with one game.

Neff

Perspective doesn't change what you're doing

But it totally changes information conveyed by the environment and how you react to it.

From those amazing shots I can confirm that that does look like a game.

Let's not jump to conclusions here

Precisely. The first title had a story which changed during the game depending on your actions and choices. It's something I've wanted to see back in the series for a long, long time.

Just for the record, Resident Evil actually has six endings, and characters can live or die depending on how you play.

Top Bottom