• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR A few Resident Evil 7 PS4 Pro shots leak

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is that the Family, Son guy on fire?

Anyway, kinda bad screens but also hard to go on from the quality. I thought the demo looked fine so as long as it at least looks as good as the demo, I'm fine with that.

Awesome. In!

The guy on fire looks like the "welcome to the family, son" guy

Also, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that, but you're right. It does look like the zombie thing on fire is the, "Welcome to the Family, son!" guy from the Beginning Hour demo.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
As bad as the shots are, you can tell the lighting is really flat. I doubt these are PS4 Pro shots, unless they're targeting 60 FPS over better graphics. There's not even any form of ambient occlusion, look at the garage port meeting the ground.

the more i see things the more i miss tps and even more tank tps

Here's finger crossing for tank fps!
Metroid Prime is a good game

¡HarlequinPanic!;216795021 said:
hate the news about dialogue branches/morality system.

latest

bryanee

I'm not sure how any one can genuinely judge the visuals of the game based on those giant potato cam shots.

I like the info provided though.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm not sure how any one can genuinely judge the visuals of the game based on those giant potato cam shots.

Ever since Capcom revealed this game not to be Resident Evil 6 Redux, a growing number of people seem absolutely mustard keen to shit all over it whatever the reason

Astral Dog

I dont care a little bit
that Chris Redfield, of all characters is returning,
if that rumor is true :(
maybe im getting a little tired.

Scotia

Banned
Screenshots look good (by that I mean what's happening in them looks good). Looking forward to seeing gameplay of the actual game.

Classic Resi characters returning is great but I kinda wish you marked them better :/ it's a pretty big spoiler if it's true and I wish I hadn't found out.

I dont care a little bit
that Chris Redfield, of all characters is returning,
if that rumor is true :(
maybe im getting a little tired.
I will say we went seven years without a Chris game (REmake-RE5), but he certainly got a lot more exposure since his (beefy) return

Look pretty bad.

Looks like late 2000s Source engine.

VR shots you mean? Cause these look like complete ass lol.

Looks like shit. How can capcom release a game that looks this bad in 2017??

I will say the texture quality is rough tho
, but if it's in VR and 60fps then pretty cool

Even in the Beginning Hour I thought Family Man looked pretty rough

maxresdefault.jpg

I think that's him in the garage shot? Placeholder for random enemy or?

We really doing this? Judging visuals on lowlight, off cam shots?

Textures of all things?

Embarrassing.

People are really saying this has had graphics from some terrible shots? We have a playable demo and gameplay videos that say otherwise.

Jawmuncher

¡HarlequinPanic!;216795021 said:
hate the news about dialogue branches/morality system.

Here's finger crossing for tank fps!
Metroid Prime is a good game

latest

Let's also not forget the choices you could make in RE1/REmake when it came to saving people and getting multiple endings. So it's really not anything new for the series

I hope CAPCOM releases Vendetta in January to coincide with the release of RE7.

That's supposed to be the plan

Astral Dog

I will say we went seven years without a Chris game (REmake-RE5), but he certainly got a lot more exposure since his (beefy) return

i just think his story is done, for starts.

And a surprisingly very good move that we are getting
new protagonists for this entry.

So HDR is nearly as good as potato-cam?

- Classic RE characters will be returning

Barry or that guy who died right at the start of RE1 or I will be disappointed.gif

Jawmuncher

i just think his story is done, for starts.

You could say that about most characters if you wanted to. Especially the older cast in RE6.

Chris is done, he saved the world and avenges his squad.
Leon is done, he saved the world and cleared his name.
Ada is done, she killed her clone and got rid of any future incidents with that.

At the end of the day, it's capcoms call on what a character is going to do going forward. Chris is a fan favorite. So it makes sense to me why he has been sticking around a lot lately. As we are seeing with vendetta and revelations they're going back to other old characters as well. So I think most are going to appear again in due time.

Except Billy abd Carlos. I think capcom killed them off screen and told no one..
What, for a January release?

Where was this mentioned?

It was in some movie news awhile back. RE7, Vendetta, and Final Chapter are all supposed to hit the same week.

Astral Dog

You could say that about most characters if you wanted to. Especially the older cast in RE6.

Ada is done, she killed her clone and got rid of any future incidents with that.

At the end of the day, it's capcoms call on what a character is going to do going forward. Chris is a fan favorite. So it makes sense to me why he has been sticking around a lot lately. As we are seeing with vendetta and revelations they're going back to other old characters as well. So I think most are going to appear again in due time.

Except Billy abd Carlos. I think capcom killed them off screen and told no one..

It was in some movie news awhile back. RE7, Vendetta, and Final Chapter are all supposed to hit the same week.
im just glad
we have fresh protagonists this time
feel like the right choice this time :)

Astral Dog

im just glad
we have fresh protagonists this time
feel like the right choice for now :)
edit : Oops

2 x pixel count & better performance/fps would be a fair estimate given the GPU jump. Cerny also confirmed this specific example for one of the VR games(Farpoint) he showed off at the official presentation couple of days back.

Oh, I have a pretty good idea as to how VR titles might benefit, but I really want specifics. $400 isn't a tiny amount of money for me right now. PSVR is already paid for, but I need those concrete details to know what that $400 is going to offer me for VR when I don't have a 4K or UHD capable TV. They mention twice the polygons for one specific title during the unveiling and I don't really care about that at all. But better performance (native 120 fps vs upscaled or whatever) and rendering at a higher resolution, I absolutely care about.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Hope the no long range weapons rumor turns out to he false. Re4 to this day has some of the best feeling rifles in all of gaming imo.

What a mansion!!!

Looks great. An old school RE in first person.

The Spencer mansion is basically a mass produced McMansion in universe at this point

Neff

A mansion alone (which we knew RE7 had anyway) isn't enough to deliver the RE feel for me. At this point The Evil Within is still more of a RE title than RE7, which feels bizarre.

I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt though, since I trust Capcom, and there's obviously a lot they're still sitting on.

What a mansion!!!

Looks great. An old school RE in first person.

The Spencer mansion is basically a mass produced McMansion in universe at this point

One shitty bedroom and one bathroom in this entire house what were they thinking

And this living room doesn't even have any windows wtf

And why doesn't the kitchen elevator stop at the floor with the dining room

But Capcom has said from the very announcement that it was a first person game.

This is what I don't get. It's been very clear what Capcom are going for with this game. I just wish people would accept that RE is changing style again and just go with it - if it turns out ass, then shit on it!

As for me, I'm a huge RE fan and I couldn't be more psyched for VII!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One shitty bedroom and one bathroom in this entire house what were they thinking

And this living room doesn't even have any windows wtf

What the fuck! I can't even leave the Living Room! Someone took the goddamn shotgun and the the ceiling in the previous art room came crashing down. I'm trapped here, someone help!

Top Bottom