• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Foundation paid noted criminal fraudster James O'Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At the third presidential debate, Donald Trump invoked a video that says supporter of Hillary Clinton were paid to incite violence at one of his rallies in Chicago. It was an attack thread to emphasize that her campaign was "sleazy."

But what Trump didn't say is that he has paid the filmmaker who he says uncovered the accurate story.

The video, which was just released earlier this week and made by conservative activist James O'Keefe of Project Veritas, was paid $10,000 by the Trump Foundation in May of 2015 - one month before Trump's announcement of candidacy.

"They hired people. They paid them $1500, and they're on tape saying be violent, cause fights, do bad things," Trump said on the debate stage Wednesday night, referencing the video by O'Keefe.

NBC News has not corroborated the video.

The payment was first reported by Think Progress and was listed in a compilation of donations the Trump Foundation gave to the Washington Post.

"I was wondering what happened with my rally in Chicago and other rallies where we had such violence. She's the one and Obama that caused the violence," Trump said at the debate.

O'Keefe has produced numerous videos that have attempted to take down members of the media, Democrats or progressives. He led the videos during the 2008 election of progressive group ACORN, attempted to show that Planned Parenthood sold aborted fetuses, and tried to show that a career employee at the Department of Agriculture, Shirley Sherrod, an African American, was racist.

Breitbart is the platform where O'Keefe's videos are posted. The former head of Breitbart, Steve Bannon, is the CEO of Trump's campaign.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...ist-filmmaker-james-o-keefe-n670381?cid=sm_fb

I for one am shocked, shocked I say, to learn that Trump paid O'Keefe!

Aurongel

The bar for being a filmmaker is that low eh?

You guys, JoeySalads is the best filmmaker in the business right now. These two should drop a hot collab someday.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
O'Keefe has produced numerous videos that have attempted to take down members of the media, Democrats or progressives. He led the videos during the 2008 election of progressive group ACORN, attempted to show that Planned Parenthood sold aborted fetuses, and tried to show that a career employee at the Department of Agriculture, Shirley Sherrod, an African American, was racist.

I feel like I should point out, to those who are unaware, that all of these videos were not only selectively edited but outright lies since none of the content was true. O'Keefe is a liar and a felon (he broke into a senator's office to illegally wiretap her phone).

Just for context.

Yeah, you're being way too generous, B-dubs. I know you know better than that. *tuts finger*

Yea, I just copied the NBC headline. I wrote a whole essay back in college about how bullshit he was and how easily his videos were disproved (it took all of two days reporting for CNN to disprove the Sherrod one).

Futureman

I like how Hillary didn't even respond to Trump about this during the debate. Can't wait for the lying weasel to go away.

Kettch

I feel like I should point out, to those who are unaware, that all of these videos were not only selectively edited but outright lies since none of the content was true. O'Keefe is a liar and a felon (he broke into a senator's office to illegally wiretap her phone).

Just for context.

I wonder how many times this will have to be proven until news organizations like NBC deem it relevant to mention this in an article.

gdt

We can't let her get away with it though no matter what side you are on.

It's on video so it really happened. What say you now regressive left?

olympia

Were people in fact paid to incite violence at the Trump rally? Sorry, I haven't been following that thread at all.

Just for context.

His spreading of misinformation regarding the planned parenthood videos was directly responsible for inspiring a madman to commit murder. And Trump is on his side.

Ah, yes, this guy:

original.jpg

Shown here in his meticulously created undercover identity, which he used to "expose" how ACORN was helping criminals commit voter fraud. (And for the record, the pimp thing was actually something he edited into the videos after the fact to make ACORN look worse,)

So, the true mastermind behind all of this reveals himself at last.

We've had enough of being pawns in your demented game of checkers, O'Keefe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Were people in fact paid to incite violence at the Trump rally? Sorry, I haven't been following that thread at all.

The only proof of such a thing is the O'Keefe video, so no there's literally no proof of such a thing happening. It's conspiracy theory bullshit.

Foffy

Banned
The only proof of such a thing is the O'Keefe video, so no there's literally no proof of such a thing happening. It's conspiracy theory bullshit.

B-but it EXPOSES the truth.

RIGGED ELECTIONS

DEMONCRATS.

ESTABLISHMENT MEDIA.

The depths of one's warped lens of perception scares the fuck out of me. I wonder what degrees of myths and falsified impression are pressed in my own states of being if people can fall this far, this hard, and get this coo coo bananas.

Snark remarks is one thing but is nobody in the media going to take them to task about this?

This is a legit "He can't keep getting away with this!" Moment

Project Veritas is classified as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit, and this status prevents it from intervening in, or participating, any political campaign. Lord knows how it manages to keep this status.

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

But the status allows people like Trump to make charitable donations to it, while the money is somehow funneled into Project Veritas Action Fund, which is a 501(c)(4) "social welfare" organization that is allowed to be more directly involved in electioneering. This is the entity that released the latest O'Keefe video. But the two different Veritas websites intentionally blur the distinction.

The headline on the Veritas website is so fucking blatant:

RESULTS matter!

So where can you find a better tax deductible ROI than Project Veritas?

BPoole

I'm more concerned with the content of said videos than I am with the fact that the Trump Foundation paid O'Keefe to go undercover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom