• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered Preload available on Xbox One - 45.94GB

The preload for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered is now available on Xbox One and is 45.94GB. If you have the 100MB placeholder, uninstall it and reinstall the game from your Ready to Install list.

Infinite Warfare became available for preload yesterday and is 51.1GB

etta

my hard graphic balls
97 GB fucks sake.
So I probably won't get to play it on the day it delivers if there's a 50 GB fucking content patch.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well.....glad I got this digitally.....no point in physical since it's a fucking code and your forced to own IW anyways.

Falchion

I'll buy the pre-order edition digitally the day before release, not trying to tie up my hard drive before then.

Kalentan

Wrong. If you own IW digtally, you don't need it installed to play MWR.

Also it's odd... Why is IW seemingly 7gb larger on XBO and MWR is 6gb larger?

One would think that they would be bigger on PS4 since both have a Pro Mode and IW has the Jackal Assault VR mode.
lol, "Pro mode" parches on some PS4 games are like 200 MB to 1-2 GB.

cooldawn

One would think that they would be bigger on PS4 since both have a Pro Mode and IW has the Jackal Assault VR mode.
So if I buy physical surely there is a small install file they could use to check the disc in my PS4 and authenticate the Remaster, rather than installing the whole of Infinite Warfare.

I mean what would be wrong with that?

Wait what? You dont have to install IW at all??

etta

my hard graphic balls

Superior textures and/or audio confirmed.

Kalentan

Wait what? You dont have to install IW at all??

If you own IW physically, you need IW installed to play MWR.
If you own IW digitally, you don't need IW installed to play MWR.

Those are the two methods. I imagine the latter works that way because you can't digitally return half an order.

So if I buy physical surely there is a small install file they could use to check the disc in my PS4 and authenticate the Remaster, rather than installing the whole of Infinite Warfare.

I mean what would be wrong with that?

Not sure. I am truthfully not familiar with that method so I have no idea if that was something they could or could not do.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you own IW physically, you need IW installed to play MWR.
If you own IW digitally, you don't need IW installed to play MWR.

Those are the two methods. I imagine the latter works that way because you can't digitally return half an order.

Not sure. I am truthfully not familiar with that method so I have no idea if that was something they could or could not do.
You know what's gonna be irritating? When they will sell MW separately, they won't remove this requirement of IW disc needed for people who already own it, so those people couldn't sell IW then either. Probably gonna force folks to buy MW standalone again if they want to sell IW.
Just scummy Activision things.

Kalentan

You know what's gonna be irritating? When they will sell MW separately, they won't remove this requirement of IW disc needed for people who already own it, so those people couldn't sell IW then either. Probably gonna force folks to buy MW standalone again if they want to sell IW.
Just scummy Activision things.

Assuming they ever do sell MWR separately.

Bishop89

If I buy the legacy edition or whatever its called digitally, can I choose to just download MW:R without bothering with IW. (ps4 btw)

I know op states you can preload just MW, but you never know if it will still require u to have IW installed, as crazy as that sounds

Ame

If I buy the legacy edition or whatever its called digitally, can I choose to just download MW:R without bothering with IW. (ps4 btw)

I know op states you can preload just MW, but you never know if it will still require u to have IW installed, as crazy as that sounds

It should be the same deal on PS4...hopefully. PS4 users can pre-load sometime early next week, so I guess we'll see.

Good thing I cleared over a hundred gigs of space this week. I actually forgot how big this beast was going to be collectively.

My bad.Sorry.I got it from the PS Store but I thought we need IW to start it after 12 o' clock.

Top Bottom