• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: How Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare reminds us of Mass Effect

Gothos

Wonder about the campaign length. If it will be around 10h I'll buy it right away. Can't wait for the reviews.

CrayToes

I would be utterly shocked if the campaign isn't better than the MP for this one. Hopefully IW has nailed the single player like Respawn did.

gdt

That sounds great. If it gets good buzz and has a good length I might be there. Haven't bought a COD since MW3. And that kinda sucked.

S1kkZ

campaign starts off really weak but after an hour, it gets good. the mass effect comparison is pretty on point. you get to know the crew. go on missions with them and so on.

of course its not nearly as fleshed out as mass effects "social" stuff.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy mother of God, this looks amazing!

Those ex-ND guys putting in work, damn.

Cardon

Praise be Infinity Ward and Brian Bloom. But seriously, as someone that enjoys the CoD campaigns more than the MP I'm happy that Infinite Warfare has turned out good as I couldn't endure another blunder after BOPS3.

FelipeMGM

Infinity Ward should be allowed to create their own new shooter IP

Their core og CoD guys are on Titanfall now, and the new guys clearly have a different approach to storytelling and even from gameplay it seems. It could be the start of something really awesome.

Kalentan

Is this the sentiment of all the people downvoting IW videos on Youtube? I've been trying to figure out where all the weird negativity over this game is coming from as I don't really follow COD that much.

For this video? Maybe. People want different things but then push away different. There are genuine reason to downvote maybe other videos dealing with the MP RNG stuff but not so much for this video. We've basically had ~12 Standard CoD SP's but people apparently wanted IW's SP to be more standard?

this made the campaign look pretty interesting. i've been considering getting the $80 version (for mw remaster) and this makes the price tag a little easier to swallow. i have no interest in the multiplayer for this.

This game looks incredible to me as a fan of Mass Effect

I really hope you can visit all the planets in the solar system that were on that map

Wonder about the campaign length. If it will be around 10h I'll buy it right away. Can't wait for the reviews.

Someone in another thread mentioned 9 hours and still not finished campaign

With all the side missions, I would think this is one of the longer COD campaigns

Wedzi

Banned
Kind of worried that Infinity Ward put a lot of time and effort into the campaign but because of the lack luster multiplayer review scores and sales won't be up to par. Activision will then make sure future CoDs entirely focus on multiplayer and campaigns will be an after thought.

its not as good as tf2. but its a lot better than ghost, bo3 and most other cod campaigns.

I think that depends on if you expect a cool cinematic story with good characters along with the gameplay. If you just want gameplay then sure TF2 might be better.

Nah, this sounds like GameSpot's clickbait. And in an era of IGN, I never thought GameSpot's clickbait would be worse, yet here we are.

Karak

Gonna be honest. What is here is pretty insane. I think people are going to be truly shocked

Then what was....

I just don't even get the point of your original post if you didn't even watch the video.
Been on GameSpot and their forums too long, done big breakdowns of their site's downward quality over the last few years, these sorts of titles from them are routine clickbait.

I'll check it out later.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gonna be honest. What is here is pretty insane. I think people are going to be truly shocked

LKANHkd.png

SilentRob

Nah, this sounds like GameSpot's clickbait. And in an era of IGN, I never thought GameSpot's clickbait would be worse, yet here we are.

Yeah I'm pleading ignorance on this one. I'll check it out later, maybe, if I see this thread on the front page after work.

Thanks for the shitpost.

I got all I want from the shooter genre this year with Doom, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 but I'd be happy to be surprised by this as much as I was surprised by the Titanfall 2 campaign. THey are trying something new with this and that's pretty great.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to watch the video, as I don't want to get spoiled, but this sounds awesome. I preordered the game solely because of the single player, and hearing this makes me pretty excited.

robotrock

Banned
The campaign for this has always looked super promising. Glad to hear they're changing up the standard COD formula.

dlbeast

i guess MW Remastered = multiplayer and IW = single player. this is the first time ive said ok maybe my full pre order purchase is not a waste.

S1kkZ

just finished the campaign. well, didnt expect that.

its starts off like any other cod campaign, complete with typical "fuck yeah, its war baby!" attitude. then it evolves into something else. not just the gameplay...the story was far more surprising to me. the mass effect comparison is more valid than you might think.

Haven't seen the video yet, but color me excited if there is a little Mass Effect in Infinite Warfare.

Gotta have social options though.

Hasney

its starts off like any other cod campaign, complete with typical "fuck yeah, its war baby!" attitude. then it evolves into something else. not just the gameplay...the story was far more surprising to me. the mass effect comparison is more valid than you might think.

Hm, was thinking about selling it for a profit after the beta, but I may just do a Pro playthrough.

PulseONE

Well its certainly the first time I've been interested in a Call of Duty campaign so that's even better

Drewfonse

How long was it?

Top Bottom