• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KooopaKid

Banned
Didn't see anything else posted on this, but there appears to be Nintendo Switch presentation advertisements at Japanese Railway lines.

Judging by the dates, I'm assuming these are the 2 days afterwards that will be open to the general public?

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271263-japanese-railway-lines-advertising-switch-presentation

DV73RoWmGrfhWimqxs2CdZHaQ0k61g8AggklVPlIFHA.jpg

It begins...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Didn't see anything else posted on this, but there appears to be Nintendo Switch presentation advertisements at Japanese Railway lines.

Judging by the dates, I'm assuming these are the 2 days afterwards that will be open to the general public?

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271263-japanese-railway-lines-advertising-switch-presentation

DV73RoWmGrfhWimqxs2CdZHaQ0k61g8AggklVPlIFHA.jpg

Yes, they're promoting the days after the presentation, when the console will be available to the public for hands-on. Good to see they're promoting the event even in more casual places, like Japanese Railway lines.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
You are missing the point entirely. It was not a statement of liking or disliking these games, it was a statement if such games exist. Based on what we know Zelda, 3D Mario, Splatoon,NBA 2K, Fifa, Just Dance, Lego Works, new indies, Yooka-Laylee, Tekken 7, new indies, Rime, Pikmin 4, Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Project Sonic, Pokemon Stars, the new IP and the new Retro game do exist.

You might not be interested but I don't find that a particularly interesting discussion to have.

Fair enough, but yeah of those only Zelda, to some extent 3D mario and maybe whatever the new IP/Retro game end up being are of interest me. Others just aren't my bag, or are things I'll play on PC or PS4. Just sad place to be as a long time Nintendo fan struggling to build any enthusiasm for Switch.

Anywho, I'll bow out of Nintendo threads until after the 12th.

Moltenix

Can't wait to get some hands-on impressions regarding the comfort and feel of the system including:

- Joycons by themselves (either using Wiimote/Nunchuck style or using a single one NES style)
- When attached to the grip (visually it seems kinda blocky and square)
- How the "D-Pad" feels
- How seamless it is to dock/undock the system

Malyse

Let's talk about the really important stuff.

Will "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" show up in the January event or no? I'm leaning not, but we might get a recut trailer to kick things off. Discuss.

I'm still subscribed to gameinformer when should I expect my issue?

It looks like it's generally available in digital format on the first wednesday/thursday of the month. So... tomorrow at the earliest. I'm wondering if I should re-up my Powerup Rewards membership to read this...

I'm not too sold on Rayman in Smash yet, despite Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo.

The thing is, third party characters have typically been special deals and they can be boiled down into two categories:

1. The iconic and legendary worldwide/international icons of the industry (Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, Mega Man, Cloud, Snake)
2. Popular cult-favorite characters (Bayonetta, Sakurai wanted to include Geno in Brawl/Smash 4)

Rayman is moderately well known in the west but he's completely obscure in Japan; only few of his games were released there and none of them sold particularly well. On the other hand, I don't think he's really that popular or requested by fans in the same way Bayonetta was. I personally don't think he really has a place in Smash as a playable character, and honestly the only reason a lot of people here are considering him is because of Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo and the Rabbids RPG thing.

Our boy John Harker has said that apparently Ubisoft tried to get Rayman into Smash, but Sakurai said no. I guess he could change his mind, but I don't see it.

It looks like it's generally available in digital format on the first wednesday/thursday of the month. So... tomorrow at the earliest. I'm wondering if I should re-up my Powerup Rewards membership to read this...

Most of the info is usually compiled. Not sure if there's a way to see the pictures and spreads without a sub

Philippo

So, if by any chance they are announcing a release date for Zelda on the 12th, isn't there a possibility GI will have it on this week magazine?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
On which day is a new Game Informer issue usually coming out?

I'm still subscribed to gameinformer when should I expect my issue?

Yeah, I'm curious about this too.

Edit:

Good.

My thoughts on leaks are that they mostly sound believable but there are a few iffy ones.

Splatoon is clearly a sequel from the footage and not an enchanced port.

Pokemon Stars stand out so bad when GF moved away from third version and tends to keep generations in same system. I really think we'll get Sun/Moon 2 and/or Red/Blue 2 next year on 3DS instead.

Theres no way Mario Maker port/2 comes out next year simce it'll release so closely to the 3DS version. It counts and spacing them out also counts. 2018 imo.

lol at everyone pulling Ever Oasis and Mario Superstars ports out've their asses. These won't leave 3DS i can be sure of.

I'm pretty sure Pikmin 4 referred to the 3DS game. I hope I'm wrong since more Pikmin is great but I really don't see it.

Since its Sakurai I only see him doing a sequel's worth of new characters in Smash 5. (Which I call the "Smash 4 port" since its a sequel if it has new characters.) so the 2 new only characters is laughable.

All other rumors sound believable enough but I'll just wait for official confirmation before believing any of them at this point. Too many things above just sound off to me.

So I get the physical magazine in the mail but can't find where to change to digital.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're locked into either physical or digital for the full year. No way to change formats until you're up for renewal again. Edit: KingSnake comes in with the correct information. Ignore me.

I don't understand why people keep saying that. The 3DS Pikmin game is obviously a spin-off, it has nothing to do with the mainline games.

I'm not sure either. According to Miyamoto, Pikmin 4 has been "almost done" for quite some time now. If he was referring to the 3DS title this whole time, why would they wait over a year from when he said that?

LordKano

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're locked into either physical or digital for the full year. No way to change formats until you're up for renewal again. Edit: KingSnake comes in with the correct information. Ignore me.

I'm not sure either. According to Miyamoto, Pikmin 4 has been "almost done" for quite some time now. If he was referring to the 3DS title this whole time, why would they wait over a year from when he said that?

Same reason as Mother 3 : they weren't gonna release a fresh game on the dead system that the Wii U was.

Same reason as Mother 3 : they weren't gonna release a fresh game on the dead system that the Wii U was.

I think you mis-read my post. My point was that if "Pikmin 4" were just the 2D 3DS game, I think it would have been released long ago based on those quotes from Miyamoto. I agree that Pikmin 4 (the mainline game) was probably planned for Wii-U and got moved to Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom