• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kane and Lynch unannounced for PS3, PS2 and PSP

[MOD POWER ABUSE]
Zonar said:
uh oh... :(

Eidos has confirmed that forthcoming killer-app Kane & Lynch: Dead Men will not be coming to the PlayStation 3, instead remaining exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PC.

Last week, the web went all of a flutter after the game's Australian publisher, Atari, put out a press release declaring that the title was also in development for PlayStation 2, PSP and PS3.

However, Eidos has come forward to rectify said mistake, claiming that the press release was full of errors. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is due for release on 360 and PC later this year.
[/MOD POWER ABUSE]

Today Atari comes with big news at least if you own a PS3 or a PSP. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, title that was previously declared as an Xbox 360 and PC exclusive, will arrive to the Sony platforms.

Owners of any of these three consoles can now join 360 fans in waiting for the game, which promises to offer gamers a tale of two men - Kane and Lynch - as they go on their violent and chaotic way in this gritty, blood-spattered third-person shooter.

Coming this june.

Avalon

Cool. I remember checking some screens out a while ago and I thought it looked real cool (even though I have no idea what the game is about).

Blame! said:
it begins....the empiret is about to strike back

:lol They still love in the end don't they?

I think we're also missing an edit on the publisher, unless I missed something big somewhere. Isn't this an Eidos/SCi project, through IO Interactive?

Kabouter

Good.
Exclusivity ftl.
Looking forward to this game a lot, absolutely love all of IO Interactive's work.
I'll probably get the PC version.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Strange, why is Eidos not self-publishing a game made by a studio they own?

I can understand that in the case of some obscure Japanese-centric Microsoft titles, but this high profile next-gen console game? I dunno...

Avalon

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Yuck.

Multiplatform games make me angry.

Why? The game is still being primarily developed for the 360. If the quality is in danger of being compromised it's going to be the PS3 versions quality.

PleoMax

Banned
Mifune said:
I didn't know this was ever a 360 exclusive.

It wasn't, it was just going to release first on them. And thats what i think will end happening anywa with a june date, Ps3 will probably come later. Just a hunch.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
*Dance*

Lets celerbrate with pics!!!!

kane_and_lynch_dead_men_image__1___medium_.jpg

kane_and_lynch_dead_men_image__medium_.jpg

*Party*

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Erm the game is being published by Eidos(IO Studio is owned by Eidos) not that it would surprise me or anything but its definetly not from ATARI,Pardon but did you just read it from some OPM3 Magazine and decided to break the exclusive ? :)

Jim

PleoMax said:
It wasn't, it was just going to release first on them. And thats what i think will end happening anywa with a june date, Ps3 will probably come later. Just a hunch.

Yep...

Eidos PR from July said:
Currently in development by IO Interactive, the team behind the Hitman franchise, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men will be released in 2007 initially for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows.

No idea what this has to do with Atari though.

mckmas8808

I hope it is true. Robinspain usually doesn't bullshoot when it comes to news. He does work for Sony right?

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Robinspain said:
It's in the release shedule of Atari Australia (pspupdates, futuregamez). Miss it: the game is also coming to PS2.

OK, then it's good. They are the distributor of Eidos games in Australia. It's still Eidos publishing though. :)

I don't find this surprising if true, the interesting but was the Atari part, but that's solved now. So move along!

Edios is publishing this. I just visited IO, and saw the game today. They talked about a PS3 version, but nothing about a PSP version.

This was never a 360 exclusive, so no loss.

mckmas8808

Vinterbird said:
Edios is publishing this. I just visited IO, and saw the game today. They talked about a PS3 version, but nothing about a PSP version.

This was never a 360 exclusive, so no loss.

The sameway Assassins Creed was never PS3 exclusive, but for some reason people added that game to the "lost exclusives" list. :|

Top Bottom