• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kane and Lynch unannounced for PS3, PS2 and PSP

LJ11

Vinterbird said:
Edios is publishing this. I just visited IO, and saw the game today. They talked about a PS3 version, but nothing about a PSP version.

This was never a 360 exclusive, so no loss.

Any impressions?

Busty

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
EA is making that so it's gonna suck.

Just kidding, but seriously I wonder which game will be better.

I think Army Of Two will surprise a few people. I haven't (quite) given up on EA doing the responsible thing and really try to makea few games of quality this gen.....

LJ11 said:
Any impressions?

I saw the latest pre-alpha build. No new levels, but the framerate was a steady 30. The core gameplay is tweaked to be more like Freedom Fighters, and it works alot better then what I saw in Leipzig, where it played more like Hitman with more guns.

The game seems a lot more story focused, but they won't talk to much about it, but they promised it would focus a lot about the fact that you as Kane are working with a psycotic masasmurder (Lynch).

The game will feature co-op, but not online co-op. And multiplayer is being kept as a secret, because they're doing something different then standard MP. They're trying to bring the feeling of not trusting anyone into the multiplayerportion, so the theme from singleplayer carries over to the multiplayer portion.

But overall, the game looks alot better then it did in Leipzig, and the gameplay seems to be coming together. IOI hope they will have a demo out before release.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Aeon712 said:
I don't even know what this is but since it's coming to the PS3 I guess it's a good thing.

Let me show you. :)

kanepc002.jpg

934403_20060927_screen003.jpg

934403_20060830_screen003.jpg

934403_20060830_screen004.jpg

934403_20060830_screen005.jpg

934404_20060823_screen001.jpg

934404_20060823_screen003.jpg

Haunted

Since IO made the first two Hitmen (lol) and Freedom Fighters, I expect quite a bit from this title!
But they also made Hitman 3 + 4, so it could suck as well. :(

This generation will really be the 3rd party = multiplatform generation.

Kabouter said:
No online co-op, that is absolutely terrible news :(
splitscreen co-op >>> online co-op

Busty said:
I think Army Of Two will surprise a few people. I haven't (quite) given up on EA doing the responsible thing and really try to makea few games of quality this gen.....

i expect them to go all out on this first installment so they can get a whole new group of suckers (and maybe even steal some from splinter cell) to milk this gen. i'm sure they know they need a good one-player combat title.

Hunter D

mckmas8808 said:
The sameway Assassins Creed was never PS3 exclusive, but for some reason people added that game to the "lost exclusives" list. :|
:lol
A whole bunch of people here said it was a PS3 exclusive.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
But they also made Hitman 3 + 4, so it could suck as well. :(
What was wrong with them? I enjoyed those Hitman games much more than the first two. Hitman 2 was solid, but quite unpolished while Hitman 1 was a mess.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hunter D said:
:lol
A whole bunch of people here said it was a PS3 exclusive.

And some people thought that Kane and Lynch were 360 exclusive too. No big deal. Shows that we need to learn how to read PR statements better.

szaromir

Banned
Vinterbird said:
I saw the latest pre-alpha build. No new levels, but the framerate was a steady 30.
Was it 360 version? If yes, it's good to know. Generally framerate in games on the console is now much better across all titles than it used to be. It seems developers needed some time with the console.

To be honest I never played any Hitman game, but Freedom Fighters was quite good.

Vinterbird said:
Edios is publishing this. I just visited IO, and saw the game today. They talked about a PS3 version, but nothing about a PSP version.

This was never a 360 exclusive, so no loss.

Really? I could have sworn Peter Moore very specifically said that this game was exclusive to the 360. And I could have also sworn that Bioshock was announced as an exclusive at the same event.

Anyway, this is from the guys who makes the Hitman games, right? Those games were pretty neat.

methane47

We need one of those Motivation Posters that says something like this

"Exclusive"... Means as much to Microsoft as "Smart" means to Anna Nicole Smith

szaromir

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Really? I could have sworn Peter Moore very specifically said that this game was exclusive to the 360.
He said it would be exclusive to 360/PC when it's released - it doesn't exclude later PS3 version.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Aeon712 said:
I don't even know what this is but since it's coming to the PS3 I guess it's a good thing.

It's basically this:

Kanehouseshow.jpg

Plus this:

bet.jpg

On these:

psp-to-ps3.jpg

A WINNING COMBINATION

black_13

Banned
Game looks badass as hell. But news doesn't really effect me as I'll have both consoles by the time it comes out so the superior version will be mine.

What REALLY pisses me off is that if they can make a 360 and PS3 version AND a PSP, of all systems (no offense) version, why not a Wii version?! WTF. I know some devs only making PS3 and 360 games because of tech reasons, couldn't port it to the Wii without downgrades but if you're gonna port it to the PSP which is much weaker why not make a Wii version as well?

Frenck

Banned
kaching said:
Dear Eidos/IO,

This still isn't an announcement of Freedom Fighters 2. No Sale. kthxbye.

It's not that different gameplay wise. It has the same squad controls and gameplay mechanics as Freedom Fighters and it has the gritty style and humor of the Hitman franchise. Best of both worlds IMO.

Haunted

dark10x said:
What was wrong with them? I enjoyed those Hitman games much more than the first two. Hitman 2 was solid, but quite unpolished while Hitman 1 was a mess.
I just thought they were less and less inventive as the franchise went on. The first two still had all the coolness and the wow factor, the last two didn't do anything for me. All imo of course.

theBishop

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
What REALLY pisses me off is that if they can make a 360 and PS3 version AND a PSP, of all systems (no offense) version, why not a Wii version?! WTF. I know some devs only making PS3 and 360 games because of tech reasons, couldn't port it to the Wii without downgrades but if you're gonna port it to the PSP which is much weaker why not make a Wii version as well?

Because Wii gamers don't want games like this.

manxor

I'm psuedo-curious... At X06, MS announced all next-gen Eidos titles for 2007 were 360 exclusive... so does this mean (if true) that K&L/PS3 won't come out till '08?
...Or will the PS3 get some Eidos "love" in '07?

theBishop

Banned
Avalon said:
They might think that's the case.

maybe the developers just don't feel like figuring out a motion-control scheme for the Wii version. I've heard its a bit more complicated than you might expect.

Mmmkay

manxor said:
I'm psuedo-curious... At X06, MS announced all next-gen Eidos titles for 2007 were 360 exclusive... so does this mean (if true) that K&L/PS3 won't come out till '08?
...Or will the PS3 get some Eidos "love" in '07?
The announcement was that SCi/Eidos/etc would be FY 2007 exclusive for 360. Financial Year 2008 begins in July 2007.

[edit]Actually, thinking about it a little more, it's possible that it's a simple 6 month exclusivity. Given that the PR could have related to the titles announced at X06 being exclusive (and not other products they may have planned), it's possible that the games will be released late enough in the year to ensure the exclusivity expires in 2008. Originally when we covered the legitimacy of Microsoft's PR, it was under the assumption that these titles were pitched for a March period, but given the lack of new media (or even fixed release dates) it's much more likely to be the end of June or even Fall'ish.

KGKK

Banned
Mmmkay said:
The announcement was that SCi/Eidos/etc would be FY 2007 exclusive for 360. Financial Year 2008 begins in July 2007.

:D :D :lol Look forward to this game, Hitman 4 was awesome, loved the ending level:D

Fady K

mckmas8808 said:
And some people thought that Kane and Lynch were 360 exclusive too. No big deal. Shows that we need to learn how to read PR statements better.

QFMFT

This game always looked good anyway, and I was planning to pick it up for 360. Ill just pick it up for PS3 now.

Its cool, this games from the team behind Freedom Fighters, so I look forward to it.

element

a lot of the exclusive talk stems from Eidos saying that Xbox 360 is their lead platform for the next three years or something of that nature.

doesn't really shock me about the PS3, but the PS3 and PSP is a little shocking considering what they are doing graphically.

solarplexus said:
No, I don't think so.

Future...what? Never heard of this site before. I believe it when I see a reliable link/source/official PR.

*loses hope*

Man, i really love this game. If anything forces me to buy 360, its this game...

Eidos have taken the gameplay videos from every website for some weird reason.

Anyone has a link to the X06 Gameplay Footage?

I don't think Kane and Lynch was ever said to be 360 exclusive. At x06 they did say it would be a launch exclusive to the 360, meaning some sort of timed exclusivity, which could very well still be happening.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
THERE GOES ANOTHER 360 EXCLUSIVE I GUESS THOSE M$ MONEY HATS DONT FIT LIKE THEY USED TO LOL

this game's title and concept are unbelievably stupid -- even by prevailing game industry standards -- but the shots and the trailer look pretty cool.

Speevy

Banned
Good grief. If a game is announced for a platform, someone like IGN, Gamespot, or 1up will report it. Why make a thread based on one of these no-name outlets?

Top Bottom