• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kane and Lynch unannounced for PS3, PS2 and PSP

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I always thought the game was being built for online co-op so it's incredibly disappointing to read that it won't be in there at all. I'm still looking forward to playing it as it's an IO Interactive game but that has made my interest dip a bit.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Frenck said:
It's not that different gameplay wise. It has the same squad controls and gameplay mechanics as Freedom Fighters and it has the gritty style and humor of the Hitman franchise. Best of both worlds IMO.
So I've heard, but I'm not interested in controlling a pair of psychopathic nutjobs. I'd rather have the campy Red Dawn atmosphere of FF over this any day.

Kangu

Banned
The fact that this game is coming out for the PSP pretty much guarantees I won't be getting it. I doubt a title that can exist on both next generation and handheld plataforms is exploring new territory.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Kangu said:
The fact that this game is coming out for the PSP pretty much guarantees I won't be getting it. I doubt a title that can exist on both next generation and handheld plataforms is exploring new territory.
Isnt rainbow six vegas coming to the psp? Same with oblivion? Both considered great games, no?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I read an interview with the devs a while ago (here) and they said the engine this game runs on is extremely scaleable. When they said that I assumed they were hinting at a PS2 version, but a PSP version is just plain odd. A PS2 version would be much more successful, it strikes me as a weird business decision.

I'm fully PS360'd up, so all I need to know is which version is better before I buy it :D

painey

this is big news.. it looks like a killer title, I just PRAY they dont drop the original plan of 2 player co-op done like GoW because this game could be GotY if they do it right.

Ristamar

I was excited to hear the Freedom Fighters team was working on this title.

I also seem to recall the 1up crew really slamming this game during a podcast last November/December, essentially saying that if you think Kane & Lynch is going to be a stellar title, you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

I'm not sure what to think...

Kafel

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
934403_20060830_screen005.jpg

wow
at the traffic-jams

kiUNiT

Geezer said:
I read an interview with the devs a while ago (here) and they said the engine this game runs on is extremely scaleable. When they said that I assumed they were hinting at a PS2 version, but a PSP version is just plain odd. A PS2 version would be much more successful, it strikes me as a weird business decision.

I'm fully PS360'd up, so all I need to know is which version is better before I buy it :D

A ps2 version would canabolize Future PS3 sales.

Zonar

uh oh... :(

Eidos has confirmed that forthcoming killer-app Kane & Lynch: Dead Men will not be coming to the PlayStation 3, instead remaining exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PC.

Last week, the web went all of a flutter after the game's Australian publisher, Atari, put out a press release declaring that the title was also in development for PlayStation 2, PSP and PS3.

However, Eidos has come forward to rectify said mistake, claiming that the press release was full of errors. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is due for release on 360 and PC later this year.

LJ11 said:
I knew you were biased, but damn. :D

lol I am just joking around... l could really care less about this game.

However I can admit to being biased in favor of the Xbox brand. I am not going to lie or try to cover it up like some other people in here.

LJ11

Karma Kramer said:
lol I am just joking around... l could really care less about this game.

However I can admit to being biased in favor of the Xbox brand. I am not going to lie or try to cover it up like some other people in here.

(neutral) Karma Kramer
Keeping it Real
(Today, 06:31 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

I'm just teasing.

LJ11 said:
(neutral) Karma Kramer
Keeping it Real
(Today, 06:31 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

I'm just teasing.

Whatever man lol

I just don't see whats so wrong with having a favorite console... I perfer the games on Xbox more than on the Wii and PS3. Doesn't mean I don't want a Wii or PS3, but if I had to choose then I would pick Xbox. Doesn't mean I am a fanboy or something... just means I favor a particular product. Just like how I favor Mac's OS X to Microsoft XP or Vista.

But you do what you do. So whatever man.

LJ11

Karma Kramer said:
Whatever man lol

I just don't see whats so wrong with having a favorite console... I perfer the games on Xbox more than on the Wii and PS3. Doesn't mean I don't want a Wii or PS3, but if I had to choose then I would pick Xbox. Doesn't mean I am a fanboy or something... just means I favor a particular product. Just like how I favor Mac's OS X to Microsoft XP or Vista.

But you do what you do. So whatever man.

You're taking my comments way too seriously. I was just kidding around. I absolutely have no problems/misconceptions about people who prefer A over B and C. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I was just trying to make a quick quip, wasn't making any personal judgments.

Ok... so let me get this straight, some wannabe site says that Atari's Press Release says that the game is coming to PS3, then some OTHER wannabe site says that Atari was kidding...

err.... ok. I believe them all..... right? :)

LJ11 said:
You're taking my comments way too seriously. I was just kidding around. I absolutely have no problems/misconceptions about people who prefer A over B and C. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I was just trying to make a quick quip, wasn't making any personal judgments.

Don't worry I understand that you were just making a joke. But I just wanted to make it clear where I stand on the field anyway.

Haunted

Zonar said:

Eidos has confirmed that forthcoming killer-app Kane & Lynch: Dead Men will not be coming to the PlayStation 3, instead remaining exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PC.

Last week, the web went all of a flutter after the game's Australian publisher, Atari, put out a press release declaring that the title was also in development for PlayStation 2, PSP and PS3.

However, Eidos has come forward to rectify said mistake, claiming that the press release was full of errors. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is due for release on 360 and PC later this year.
wtf?

thread title change please.

shagg_187 said:
Ok... so let me get this straight, some site reports Atari's Press Release in which they say that the game is coming to PS3, then some site looking for hits says that Atari was kidding...

err.... ok. I believe them all..... right? :)
Fixed a little. I'd take desperate sites words over Atari's PR.

Edit: so K&L doesn't have co-op multiplayer? Tell me it ain't so.

Kittonwy

Banned
Zonar said:

Sale -1

Oh well.
Indifferent2.gif

mckmas8808 said:
So when the game does come out for the PS3 (
lets hope
) then I will have the last laugh.

:lol :lol :lol

Why do you let your blind alleginace to your overlords prevent you from enjoying good games? Are you that poor and destitute that you can only afford one game system? You seemed really excited about this game a while ago.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
FirstInHell said:

Why do you let your blind alleginace to your overlords prevent you from enjoying good games? Are you that poor and destitute that you can only afford one game system? You seemed really excited about this game a while ago.

I stated before that I might buy a 360 when the 20 GB version drops to $299. That completly and 100% depends on Sony and how many great games they have by that $299 (360) timeframe.

Razoric

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
So when the game does come out for the PS3 (
lets hope
) then I will have the last laugh.

No, I'll have moved on to other games while you are playing last years ports.

Gattsu25

Banned
FirstInHell said:

Why do you let your blind alleginace to your overlords prevent you from enjoying good games? Are you that poor and destitute that you can only afford one game system?
Oh **** off. If he was 'poor and destitute' he would have bought a 360 instead of a PS3

Top Bottom