• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and The Evil Within 2 Steam Pre-Order -50% (CDKeys)

Before anyone takes issue with CDKeys, this is a direct distributor not like G2A/Kinguin (that takes advantage of regional pricing but at least you're not going to worry about chargebacks losing the publisher money and making you lose access to the game)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A word of warning: do not buy Wolf2 if you're in Germany unless you don't mind having to circumvent the runtime restriction. CD Keys' claim that the key will work worldwide is not entirely accurate.

So much confidence, yet so much wrong.

Well, while keys intended for Russia are generally region-locked in some way (activation/runtime/language) these days, he is correct about the business model, which is the pertinent detail.

Alienfan

I juts don't understand why publishers make region free keys. They must not lose much through key resellers I suppose

I juts don't understand why publishers make region free keys. They must not lose much through key resellers I suppose

Bethesda makes those for no good reason.

Games on Cdkeys are already EU-region locked, because their stock is from EU. You will not find new global Ubisoft or Activision keys. The low-cost keys generally axe the retail/tax cut the most, publishers still make money.

Publishers and vendors are clamping down on the key reselling markets: timed activation keys, no more steam gift links, region-locked keys.

Pachimari

It isn't 50% off here?

Wolfenstein II:
Normal price: €45,99
Discounted: €32,19

Evil Within 2:
Discounted: €30,99

NeoRaider

It isn't 50% off here?

Wolfenstein II:
Discounted: €32,19

Evil Within 2:
Discounted: €30,99

I am not sure where you are. But in Europe (i am not sure about UK) both games are 60€, just like i wrote. Also there is additional -5% code available on their FB, just like i wrote in the OP too.

Sky87

Massive discount compared to Steam in my region, but i don't think there's a point rushing to buy the keys now. CDKEYS always discount games heavily and i never see the discounts go away leading up to release. It'll be the same price the week before launch from my experience (and then we'll have more info on the game).

Still, there's refunds.

NeoRaider

and i never see the discounts go away leading up to release. It'll be the same price the week before launch from my experience (and then we'll have more info on the game)..

They actually do for many games.
TEW2 was more expensive just yesterday but now it's bellow 30 with discount. But for some games prices go up close to the release date and especially after the release. Don't expect prices to drop significantly compared to this.

Massive discount compared to Steam in my region, but i don't think there's a point rushing to buy the keys now. CDKEYS always discount games heavily and i never see the discounts go away leading up to release. It'll be the same price the week before launch from my experience (and then we'll have more info on the game).

Still, there's refunds.

Really? I have seen them change the prince numerous times before release. The longer you wait to preorder on CDKeys the more expensive it usually ends up being. It's never a huge difference but they do fluctuate prices.

Sky87

Really? I have seen them change the prince numerous times before release. The longer you wait to preorder on CDKeys the more expensive it usually ends up being. It's never a huge difference but they do fluctuate prices.

They may change slightly because of the exchange rates, but i can't recall a time where i saw prices change drastically over time.

I've pre-ordered quite a few games now, Prey, Mafia 3, RE7 and Titanfall 2. Prices always appear discounted with a red text, i've never seen a discount go away.

Still, i've pre-ordered for now, price is far too good (as was the first game).

nowarning

I was going to pre-order DOOM from CDKEYS @ £23.99 last year but I wasn't sure how good the game was going to be, it fluctuated during pre-oders but once it came out the price went up.

Might bite on Wolfenstein, not right now though.

Looks like a good deal that'll be hard to beat for a while. IIRC, I got RE7 from them for $32 before launch and it still hasn't beaten that price through post-launch sales.

I considered both those games... then promptly nabbed Total War Warhammer 2 for 32€ instead.

CDKeys is good, been using them for a while now.

CHC

It's not 50% off in the US - it's 35 bucks, and I don't have Facebook so no extra deal for me. Anyway, still a great deal, saw it the other day and I'm in for the preorder. You can always just sell the key of the game is bad, but considering New Order and Old Blood that seems highly unlikely.

Looks like a good deal that'll be hard to beat for a while. IIRC, I got RE7 from them for $32 before launch and it still hasn't beaten that price through post-launch sales.

Yeah people always say it'll stay this price or get cheaper, but that's generally not true. CDKeys increased price closer to launch, especially if a game gets good press and reviews. If the game reviews well it'll probably go up to the 42 - 45 range.

NeoRaider

It's not 50% off in the US - it's 35 bucks, and I don't have Facebook so no extra deal for me. Anyway, still a great deal, saw it the other day and I'm in for the preorder. You can always just sell the key of the game is bad, but considering New Order and Old Blood that seems highly unlikely.

Yeah people always say it'll stay this price or get cheaper, but that's generally not true. CDKeys increased price closer to launch, especially if a game gets good press and reviews. If the game reviews well it'll probably go up to the 42 - 45 range.

35$ compared to 60$ is still great price.
And you don't need FB profile to get -5% discount code.

FrsDvl

Guys take not Destiny 2 is EU key and might be region block. Activision did it with IW

Considering it's activated on Battle.net i would assume it would be similar to WoW or Diablo 3, where you can activate whichever region you want, but you'll only be able to play with people from that region. Which again might not be ideal if you plan on playing with your friends on PC. Although it might let you switch regions, or there might not be region restrictions at all, i'd still be cautious.

gdt

I'll hold a little longer. The price won't go up too much till the month or so before launch.

It will slowly go up a couple dollars though.

NeoRaider

Considering it's activated on Battle.net i would assume it would be similar to WoW or Diablo 3, where you can activate whichever region you want, but you'll only be able to play with people from that region. Which again might not be ideal if you plan on playing with your friends on PC. Although it might let you switch regions, or there might not be region restrictions at all, i'd still be cautious.

Overwatch lets you choose servers.
And also you can buy it in $ even from EU. So yeah... i doubt Destiny 2 will be region locked. It's battle.net key.

Top Bottom