• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

crash bandicoot trilogy pretty much confirmed on pc ?

Solrac

since a year ago, before I buy a game I always do my research to ensure that that game is really an exclusive game and not end up to be release to another platform, so I found this on playstation australia facebook

d49msM8.jpg

4IlBVGd.jpg

what do you think ? we'll end seeing crash on steam ? imo, yes.

Oh no

Why did you make this thread

This will backfire so hard

Just kidding, but I think the console exclusive sticker isn't really a guarantee

No. The game is littered with references to other PlayStation IP's. Just because it says "console" exclusive, means nothing about coming to steam.

FelipeMGM

we had many (MANY) threads on this topic, none of them ended really well

these promos and labels dont mean shit, PlayStation is mess when it comes to those. Look at this one from PS UK, Crash listed as exclusive with all these first party games

it might not even be console exclusive (I dont think it is), but now, we just dont know and the promo materials and tweets from PS international subsidiaries only make the situation more confuse

I mean, I guess anything is possible? (Soyouretellingmetheresachance.gif)

But I don't think one particular region using a certain console-exclusivity logo means it's coming to PC. It could just be that the person mocking it up used the wrong exclusivity stickers.

maxcriden

No. The game is littered with references to other PlayStation IP's. Just because it says "console" exclusive, means nothing about coming to steam.

Those can be pretty easily removed as far as I understand. Console exclusive usually does indicate a game is coming to PC.

Also, PS Ireland tweeted several months ago it was exclusive to PS4 and then had to retract that, presumably they were instructed by someone that the claim was inaccurate and that's why they retracted it.

(Personally I'd like it to come to XB1 and Switch but if it doesn't I'm happy to play the originals on PS3.)

Nicky Ali

Surely if the game was truly exclusive it would say "only for PS4" on the cover right?

I really wish they would just come out and say it.

ArjanN

Those can be pretty easily removed as far as I understand. Console exclusive usually does indicate a game is coming to PC.

Also, PS Ireland tweeted several months ago it was exclusive to PS4 and then had to retract that, presumably they were instructed by someone that the claim was inaccurate and that's why they retracted it.

(Personally I'd like it to come to XB1 and Switch but if it doesn't I'm happy to play the originals on PS3.)

A reference also means nothing, there's plenty of games that got ported to PC that have references to other consoles or console games in them.

Ah. Welp, there it is. I wonder if this means they will finally break the silence on exclusivity regarding the game.

Likely situation is activision wont talk about other platforms until the timed window ends. it is stupid to release this only on pc and not xbox or switch outside of ps4.

MattAces

Likely situation is activision wont talk about other platforms until the timed window ends. it is stupid to release this only on pc and not xbox or switch outside of ps4.

Yea, I felt that they have some sort of deal, depending on the sale or something, they will only decide.
Maybe they are really using this as a market test for a new game, if it does well they will allow Sony to handle it with exclusivity rights? I don't know, just some dumb conspiracy theory.

It hasn't even been confirmed that it's coming to other consoles. Until there's an official confirmation, it's on the PS4 only. Best to think of it that way so you aren't trying to play detective with exclusivity all day.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
i bet it will.... eventually

if you really wanna play it, i would just get it on ps4. personally, ill wait to see how it shakes out. i really dont feel like setting up my ps4 again.

Unknown?

Idk. Ever since they've unveiled the PS4 they have been hinting at Crash. Naughty Dog was denied putting Crash in Uncharted 4 but were able to before release. Shawn Layden even explicitly said they are working with Activision. That doesn't sound like they're helping to make a game that will be on every system.

Lothars

I have no doubt it willl eventually come to PC and probably Xbox One. just depends on how long of an exclusivity window they have.

maxcriden

Surely if the game was truly exclusive it would say "only for PS4" on the cover right?

I really wish they would just come out and say it.

I agree. The fact they've never toured it as exclusive in any official PR or conference is telling.

I think you're right. Could be six months to a year till we hear anything.

Doffen

Why doesn't the boxart say "Only on PlayStation"?
Have PlayStation moved away from that like Xbox did prior to Xbox One?

Budi

OP you are correct, specifying it as PS4 console exclusive means it's not only on Playstation. It's just the usual stupid shenanigans to not be entirely transparent with consumers.

Unknown?

Why doesn't the boxart say "Only on PlayStation"?
Have PlayStation moved away from that like Xbox did prior to Xbox One?
When it comes to 3rd parties their labeling is messed up. Some games that never will go to any other console and is also on PC doesn't even say console exclusive and some that are on PC say only on PlayStation.

Top Bottom