• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...who 'won' E3 2007?

Petrarca

Banned
1. Sony = 8/10, Extended trailer of Killzowned2 and MGS4, nuff said

2. MS = 6/10, meh, nothing special

3. Nintendo = 5/10, yuck!!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Easy OpEATION!!!

Guile_win_flex.gif

Sony

1) Sony
2) Nintendo
3) Microsoft

actually, Nintendo might be second only for Mario Kart and the content they will show later on.

armubaba

Sony barely over Microsoft, both far ahead of Nintendo. Sony and MS both could've done LOADS better than what they showed.

TwinsDad

The gamer???

1) Sony - More Announcements, rather then a trailer conference.

2) Microsoft - Interesting numbers game they played. Showed a awesome demo of assasins creed.

3) Nintendo - Cool announcements, but I think they are bleeding the accessories dry.

1) Sony 8/10
2) MS 7/10
3) Nintendo 5/10

Which is kinda ironic considering that in the marketplace they are and will continue to be in 2007:
1) Nintendo
2) MS
3) Sony.

Sony showed some great stuff but they are still too expensive and a lot of their good stuff won't ship in 2007.

MSFT should really cut their 360 console price or they are gonna let Sony catch up on them.

fernoca

Considering the simple fact that..
E3 starts tomorrow...
I think it's a little hard to say right now. :lol

If you're talking about the Pre-E3 Conferences, then..most people seem to prefer the one from Sony, though everyone around here was dissapointed with all of them, so really hard to tell.

Blader

Without a doubt, Sony was the clear winner. Their presentation was charismatic, fun, and put all the spotlight on games. No boring ass statistics or self-indulgent arrogance.

It wasn't the best conference of all time; I was hoping for a RumbleAxis announcement and some games (FFXIII, DMC4, Lair) were noticeably missing. But compared to Nintendo and Microsoft's outings, and Sony's own horrid performance last year, Sony absolutely "won" this year.

Flakster99

As far as conferences go, Sony looks to have made the biggest splash.

As far as e3 2007? In Nintendo style, after-conference, made a metric **** ton of media available for all of 1st-3rd party game for both the Wii, and DSL.

Overall, it is WAY to early to announce who won e3, imo.

quetz67

Banned
Found all 3 mostly unsurprising but solid.

Killzone 2 trailer > Halo trailer > Metroid Prime 3 trailer...but dont know which will be the best game

Havent seen GT5 yet, is it really that good looking?

I'm a huge nintendo fan. I really, really, love Mario Kart.

Sony definitely won this E3. No contest.

Sony 9/10
Nintendo 7/10
Microsoft 6/10

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Good conference for Sony, good conference for Microsoft.

Hmm....for Nintendo. To be honest, there are two things I took out of that conference: 1. release dates and 2. mario galaxy trailer. The rest wasn't for me, and that's okay, but Id on't have to like it! :D

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So far its Sony, then tie between Nintendo and MS, but that was just the conferences. The real battle starts now when people actually go play the games.

Kimi

Sony.

MS had no new interesting info, and neither did Nintendo. I nearly fell asleep. And c'mon, Wii Fit? Seriously? Let Miyamoto work on a real new game for gamers, not my momma!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Sony because they actually showed games and the console was in need of that. If MS didn't have this whole 07 mentality and actually show us new games then i think it would have been a lot closer. Nintendo needed to show new IPs that aren't Wii Fitness. haha

NekoFever

1. Sony, 8/10
2. Microsoft, 6/10
3. Nintendo, 4/10

To be honest I was disappointed with all of them. Some more than others. Bring back the old E3 plz.

USD

Sony had the best showing, but I don't think it really puts them in a better position than they were before. Same for Microsoft and Nintendo.

Sony, only for their
Vamp Raiden MGS4 fight
. Where's the ICO team?

But that Halo 3 Campaign trailer will hold a special place in my heart.

Nintendo didn't have much, aside from Metroid and Galaxy/Kart.
But that WiiFit looks kinda exciting.

AniHawk

I'm excited for more Nintendo stuff (Galaxy and FE, mostly), but Sony clearly won, Nintendo clearly lost, and MS was somewhere in the middle.

E307 as a whole really sucks though.

All of them were a huge dissapointment. Almost nothing new was announced. I don't give a shit for Home, a Disney movie deal, let alone Wii casual shitware.

Worst E3 in years.

McHuj

Is no one an answer?

I give the edge to Sony because of Killzone, but with out Killzone, it all would have been a wash.

Nothing of interest to me has happened (so far).

I really wanted to see something like NG2 for X360, some sort of teaser for GoW3 for PS3, or a new real game from Nintendo.

MaX_PL

Banned
sony wins because microsoft didnt show anything i wanted to see. sony showed good games, but didnt show gameplay for the big ones like GT5 and MGS4.

cod4 game of the show though.

Sony without question.

The killzone showing, even for a pre-alpha, was incredible. nobody in their right mind is disappointed with the performance of that, and everyone expected them to fall FAR short of the target render.

New PSP is everything the old one should have been. Cache to memstick enabled, VIDEO OUT, 30% lighter , BUILT IN MEMORY (but only 64 megs lol)

Good showings for MGS4, GT5, Unreal Tournament is exclusive (temporarily), GREAT looking game from sucker punch, HOME is looking MUCH better than it did before...VERY impressive.

Microsoft- Terrible looking new Halo Sku, Some good content from disney coming to live, marathon on live arcade is a good thing

Nintendo- Sales-age charts we're all familiar with, the zapper we knew was coming a year ago, and wii fit? pass. nintendo got really lazy with this E3. but then again their momentum is so high at the moment they don't really HAVE to put on a good show. The audience they're aiming at isn't watching E3.

Teasel

i would say nintendo since we got some info from the press conference (brawl & galaxy release date,mario kart wii announced) and we got a surprise in wii fit (which i think it's going to be the true sequel of wii sports) not only that but with this new peripherical they can make other new things for example they can make a better boxing game than wii boxing
next is sony,killzone looks good and some minor game announced picked my curiosity (that puzzle game and the game where you have to hurt yourself,the sucker punch game looks interessing too but the last two sucker punch game weren't that good) home looks incredibily boring,AND THERE WERE TOO MANY ****ING FPS!
i didn't watch the microsoft conference but reading impression around it seems the only big thing was the halo 3 and i don't like fps
in the end all the conference were kind of disappointing
why nintendo focused on a fitness simulator? what happened to games like cry on or white knight story?

arab

nintendo 7/10, shit-tastic show redeemed for the things they didn't show at the conference
sony 6.5/10, no ****ups but overall it was pretty expected with some new things
microsoft 6/10, no ****ups but NOTHING NEW

VALIS

MS and Sony were good, although lacking in major announcements. Nintendo's was disappointing. A few cool things, but it just seems like they're moving further and further away from GAMES.

But between MS, Sony and the PC there's going to be tons of stuff to play anyway, so if Nintendo takes an even smaller role in my gaming habits, so be it.

Shawn128

No one won E3. They all sucked this year.

Although admittedly, Sony's showing was much better than Microsoft's and Nintendo's.

Leonsito

Well, not very surprises, and about everything were sequels and that in all 3 conferences, Sony showed a lot of games but nothing OMGMEGATON, Nintendo did a boring conference, Reggie was talking slower than the usual I couldn see Microsoft conference, but Peter Moore in Rock Band was awesome :lol

So.. Nintendo can destroy the sales charts with Wii Fit, and Mario Galaxy looks impressive.

The only interesting thing in Sony conference (imo, Killzone2 is the sequel to a mediocre game, and GT5 looked the same like Gt4 in his moment, MGS4 just don't impress me anymore, release the game soon biatchz) was that PSP game with the strange name that I just forget.

From the Microsoft show I love Mass Effect and nothing more tbh...

Aisenherz

Banned
Is this question a joke? :D

KILLZONE "2"
The new PlayStation HOME
The new PSP
A lot of PSP games
PSPs new features
METAL GEAR SOLID 4
InFamous
NC Soft
.... should I go on? :D :D

Sharp

Apparently Sony? I've just read impressions of the conferences though. I predicted that pretty well, I think. That said, the game I'm really interested in, Spore, wasn't even at E3. Disappointmenton total.

Top Bottom