• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

arhra

RattleHead_ said:
A new gun?

"Another new weapon was an eccentric-looking gun that fired dart-like objects, which appeared to ricochet off walls."
Err... doesn't that sound like a description of... the needler?

:lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
NJ x Falkor said:
ODST Armor

ODSTarmor-1.jpg

ding ding

HallwayGiant said:
Sheesh people, it was Jerry Holkins (aka Tycho). :rolleyes

Haha what a bunch of suckers. I thought this was NeoGAF! Gaffers step up. Next, somebody won't recognize Cliffy B or Jaffe...

Dirtbag

PaulRTC said:
Have you guys seen the videos of Guardian from PAX?

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14275
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14276

I'd recommend going full screen with these videos (diagonal arrow button at the bottom right of the player) so you can see what's going on better - their video player is actually smaller than the source videos' resolution.

It shows the firebomb in action - both being stuck to someone and thrown on the ground to create a temporary blockade of fire. You also see the flamethrower in action, the flare equipment being thrown (it's thrown like a grenade, so it seems we should be able to get some good distance on a throw, which is good), the sword (plenty of lunges occurred) and a plasma turret being detached and used as a support weapon. There's quite a lot of stuff here that we haven't before seen in videos in terms of weapons/equipment, in addition to the fact that we've never seen Guardian itself in motion. Oh, and there are birds flying around in the background - nice touch!

The players are using the names betaFrankie and Lukemz, but the commentator calls one of them "MNC Dover" at one point, and they don't seem to be very proficient (just like every other non-Bungie player we've seen in videos! - though not nearly as bad as the Sandtrap guy), so I think it's just random crowd members playing against each other. The crowd seem to react to what's happening on both screens while the video only shows one screen (the one playing as Lukemz) - I thought it was weird when they cheered as the Lukemz guy was just walking around with an AR until I realised the other guy had just picked up a sword or something. :p

Oh and for the record. Guardian looks amazing!! Perfect layout!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Guardian looks awesome but the skill level of those players made me want to punch my computer screen.

Dirtbag 504 said:
Oh and for the record. Guardian looks amazing!! Perfect layout!

It does look very sexy and ominous. It's sexinonimous.

Also, no demo just video for halo wars? awww, I was lied to. Ahwell, it's like getting hamburger instead of steak, it's still delicious.

Karg

The Lamonster said:
:lol :lol :lol

also, flame grenades look sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

That lovely FWOOSH sound and the corpse burning is also a nice touch. These videos are starting to really wear down my patience, that Forge demo was too much and now these.

And damn in that video, one guy should've just taken the hammer blow, you know.....for the crowd.

Dirtbag

Cerrius said:
Guardian looks awesome but the skill level of those players made me want to punch my computer screen.

I actually think ill be able to forget about lockout with that map. I no longer need lockout.
Those players were pretty bad, hard to watch.

PaulRTC

Karg said:
And damn in that video, one guy should've just taken the hammer blow, you know.....for the crowd.
Yeah I was cheering for the hammer guy in my head "please get him please get him please get him... oh no" - I really want to see what it's like when you make contact with that thing!

urk said:
Yeah, I'm so glad they ported it over.
lol urk, relentless.

NJ Shlice

Dirtbag 504 said:
I actually think ill be able to forget about lockout with that map. I no longer need lockout.
Those players were pretty bad, hard to watch.

Nonsense. You will never forget about Lockout. Best Map Evr.

Guardian is very very different from Lockout. It's much larger, many more places to hide out. It was rare in Lockout to have a secluded battle that someone couldn't get a grenade to in 3 seconds. In Guardian it appears to have lots of long hallways and back rooms to get physical in.

I know I'll love it. But in a different way.

I'll treat it as the step-child of Lockout and Ascension

PaulRTC said:
Yeah I was cheering for the hammer guy in my head "please get him please get him please get him... oh no" - I really want to see what it's like when you make contact with that thing!

I wonder what will happen if you sneak up on someone from behind and they get a full swing from the hammer to the back of the head. It should be like a HomeRun shot, bodies flying through the air.

Karg said:

Also, nobody picked up that Sentinel Beam! Still haven't seen that one in first-person perspective. I hear it's actually a worthy and kick-ass weapon now.

NJ Shlice

The Lamonster said:
Also, nobody picked up that Sentinel Beam! Still haven't seen that one in first-person perspective. I hear it's actually a worthy and kick-ass weapon now.

I haven't seen a write-up on the Sentinel Beam. Can you show me?

NJ x Falkor said:
I haven't seen a write-up on the Sentinel Beam. Can you show me?

Surely!

Tieno said:
Impressions from the guy who played the Halo 3 Epsilon:

Originally Posted by IceXP
Well, the graphics are amazing, And I truly mean that, Not just saying it for whatever, Like It's just really nice looking, Campaign and Multi player alike, But Maybe its just me but The Campaign has an extra shininess to it.

Also, If anyone cares, the Sentinel Beam is awesome now, And Now only by looks/sound, But by power. But the Battery depletes much faster, but doesn't matter with the power it brings.

The rest of this write-up can be found here.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Back in the country again...

Oh man, despite the players playing like they've never touched a controller in their life, this is one of the best Halo 3 MP vids, if not the best, based on the content alone - first of all, Guardian looks fun as hell to play in, and fans of Lockout will definitely love it...

Second of all - FLAMETHOWER! It sounds awesome from off in the distance, and from the bursts of flames to when it hits the walls and ground, and the characters themselves looks fierce - much more than I anticipated even!

Firebombs look to be killer as well, as only roughly last just under a second after getting hit - nice!

Plasma Turret sounds vicious, and I like the way you just rip it from its support with your super-human strength...

And finally - ODST PERMUTATIONS! Way to please the fans once again Bungie - I swear people have been asking to play as an ODST from as far back as the very first time they were shown - and now we practically can - despite the video quality, the helmet and separate shoulder pieces stood out right away as new to me...

Halo 3 is some kind of fan-wet-dream-mish-mash on a DVD - that they don't ever want us to stop playing, ever - I seriously think that they have every fan request covered by now - who knows what else (and probably a lot) they have hidden for the fans...

P.S.: That crowd was great by the way!

Ramirez

Wow, that was great...I love how the flames engulf your screen when someone has the flamethrower on you. :lol

This wait just keeps gettin' harder and harder! :D

Can't believe those two were playin for 5 grand though, holy shit, easy money! :lol

NJ Shlice

I guess I wasn't lying about Today being a good day.

Guardian Footage

Narrows Footage

Flamethrower, Flame Bomb.

ODSTs !!!!

Halo Wars Gameplay.

Don't Stop Bungie!!

NJ x Falkor said:
I guess I wasn't lying about Today being a good day.

Guardian Footage

Narrows Footage

Flamethrower, Flame Bomb.

ODSTs !!!!

Halo Wars Gameplay.

Don't Stop Bungie!!

...podcast?
please?

Narrows looks flat out PIMP. The Bungie map designers really went all out because we are getting some really good maps in this game. And man when they said they were going to polish the MP, they weren't kidding.

Top Bottom