• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

PaulRTC

Narrows looks like it could be a blast to play, and it was cool to see the Mauler FP too - has that been shown before?

Ramirez said:
The atmosphere on these maps is really top notch, well done Bungie MP guys. :)

Bungie MP guys need to be on a podcast! I wanna hear Chris Carney and Steve Cotton and others talking about intelligent map design, and why or why not remake any given map.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
PaulRTC said:
Narrows looks like it could be a blast to play, and it was cool to see the Mauler FP too - has that been shown before?
I've said this before, and I'm saying it again:

There was a similar map to this in Halo PC which was an absolute blast. One of my favourite ever Halo maps.

PaulRTC

cjelly said:
I've said this before, and I'm saying it again:

There was a similar map to this in Halo PC which was an absolute blast. One of my favourite ever Halo maps.
Yeah, Gephyrophobia. That is a really fun map. It broke down when the teams were a little uneven and one sniper up top could just destroy everyone on foot on both the top route and the middle route. If the bottom middle route had better cover from side top snipers I think it could work better. That said, if you have near-equal sniper skills on both teams the map is great, because the snipers of each team can have battles up top between each other across the chasm, while still trying to support the rest of their team taking other routes. The base also has a really nice setup; plenty of interesting ways in, and those two teleporters at the back make for some manic cat and mouse games with the flag.

FFChris

The Lamonster said:
So do you guys think we've seen everything in Halo 3 as far as weapons and equipment?

I personally think they have shown all the weapons, vehicles and equipment. We have the armour premutations to look forward to though!

NJ Shlice

1188239069.jpg

1188239670.jpg

FFChris said:
We have the armour premutations to look forward to though!

What about that Leviathon-nicknamed vehicle that was in the Halo 3 Xbox 360 exclusive gamerpic?

Also, we have lots of maps and campaign enemies to look forward to as well. Flood Juggernaut, anyone?

NJ Shlice

The Lamonster said:
Can someone please describe what these two pictures are? My work is filtering these for violence :(

:lol :lol

Behind the scene pics of WETA short coming out tomorrow on Xbox Live

FFChris

The Lamonster said:
What about that Leviathon-nicknamed vehicle that was in the Halo 3 Xbox 360 exclusive gamerpic?

Also, we have lots of maps and campaign enemies to look forward to as well. Flood Juggernaut, anyone?

Ah yes, no idea about the Leviathen vehicle, I can vaguely remember the gamepic but I'm not sure they could have anything else to hide, surely they would be teasing it?

They have the 4 new MP maps yes, maybe those have the new vehicles and weapons in those?

I hope they have a new campaign enemy or two, but I doubt we will hear about those until we actually start playing.

FFChris said:
I guess the name and tag give the indication that it will be a boat, if anything.

Boats were scrapped for H1, and like many things scrapped in previous Halos, we might see something in Halo 3...

EDIT: Could be a second map-exclusive vehicle - it has to share something in common with the elephant, because only those two vehicles got a nicknamed gamertag.

FFChris

The Lamonster said:
Boats were scrapped for H1, and like many things scrapped in previous Halos, we might see something in Halo 3...

EDIT: Could be a second map-exclusive vehicle - it has to share something in common with the elephant, because only those two vehicles got a nicknamed gamertag.

Oh another Elephant type vehicle would be fantastic, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up for anything new, we have so much awesome stuff already.

I believe that according to the beta's code, there is still a pistol-like weapon to be revealed, known at some point as the "excavator".

Photolysis said:
I believe that according to the beta's code, there is still a pistol-like weapon to be revealed, known at some point as the "excavator".

Didn't the excavator turn out to be the mauler?

If not, show me what you're talking about...need linkage.

NJ Shlice

Photolysis said:

I remember the weapon Excavator, but never heard of its linkage to a Pistol.

Also, there was a Smoke Equipment in the Beta Code

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Photolysis said:

"Excavator" is the proper name for the power weapon we caught a glimpse of in the Brutezone pic.

NJ Shlice

urk said:
"Excavator" is the proper name for the power weapon we caught a glimpse of in the Brutezone pic.

When I see "Last Post by urk" I start to shake my head before I even read what you wrote...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
NJ x Falkor said:
When I see "Last Post by urk" I start to shake my head before I even read what you wrote...

Yeah, I'm kinda flirting with self-parody, eh? Maybe I'll tone it down.

armubaba

After dealing with the COD4 Beta fiasco for an hour and forty-five minutes, I come back to the motherland to find some awesome, awesome footage. :D

Some notes:

- Guardian looks fucking AWESOME
- The firebomb looks fucking AWESOME
- The sword seems much more balanced and harder to kill with, which is fucking AWESOME
- The flare looks fucking AWESOME
- Narrows looks fucking AWESOME

There seems to be an underlying theme with most of the Halo 3 footage I am shown.....

GhaleonEB said:
Please just link it guys, I'm at work.

Me three! Wait, are you making fun of me because I'm at work and can't view pictures with violence?

Or is it simply because I don't know this Brutezone joke?

The Lamonster said:
Me three! Wait, are you making fun of me because I'm at work and can't view pictures with violence?

Or is it simply because I don't know this Brutezone joke?

Think of it like this... the brutes look a little bit like monkeys, yes? Monkeys enjoy bananas.... well.... this particular brute...was hiding an enormous... "banana" underneath his armor. For what reason...we do not know.

edit: beaten....but now you get the picture...

Top Bottom