• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Infinite Undiscovery site open

icecream

Public Health Threat
4lgizax.jpg

Here. Not much besides the splash screen though.

Screens (thanks Blimblim!):
4qz7o6a.jpg

61undoy.jpg

62pa3wl.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Loudninja said:
Look pretty good, ok does this reminds anyone of Shining Force Neo?
No, but the second screen reminded me of White Knight Story.

PuppetSlave said:
So realtime/turnbased combat?

Any information about the game released other then horrible title and pretty screens?

horrible title?

....certainly isn't any more ground-breaking than say "Brruu Dragon" or "Eternal Sonata"

pswii60

What is it with JP screens being smaller than 720p, and having this matte scanned-in-style under-saturated finish. Why can't the Japs just release 720p frame buffer grabs like everywhere else!

duckroll

Whoa. The first thing I just noticed, looking at the 3 screens one after another..... is...... VISIBLE EQUIPMENT CHANGE CONFIRMED! :D :D :D :D

AgentOtaku said:
horrible title?

....certainly isn't any more ground-breaking than say "Brruu Dragon" or "Eternal Sonata"

I am not exactly in love with those either... Undiscovery? really? Thats pretty bad.

The title has zero influence on this being a potentially good game though, like I said the screens are nice. I just don't dig the title thats all

Nolan.

duckroll said:
Well, look at the lvl1 shots. :p

I wonder why Capel gained like 700 HP over 17 levels, while Aya only gained like 300. Hax?

Clearly capel slayed more moneybees which gives you +hp for chains. Nah I don't know but I think I kinda like it I hate having to wait till level 30 something to break 1000. Though the enemies in this game might be brutal if they have all that hp.

duckroll said:
Whoa. The first thing I just noticed, looking at the 3 screens one after another..... is...... VISIBLE EQUIPMENT CHANGE CONFIRMED! :D :D :D :D

Sometimes I forget just how far back JRPG's are in terms of some of the advances of WRPGs. Fallout had visible equipment changes in like 1997.

But if that hasn't been a staple of JRPG's recently, then that's very cool.

I love cutscenes where the player is wearing the customized equipment. :)

duckroll said:
Well, look at the lvl1 shots. :p

I wonder why Capel gained like 700 HP over 17 levels, while Aya only gained like 300. Hax?

I'm going with min-maxing potential, a non-broken form, hopefully.

Note also the guy carrying someone in the first shot. Rescue quest? Someone ran out of phoenix down-stuff?

Dali

gregor7777 said:
Sometimes I forget just how far back JRPG's are in terms of some of the advances of WRPGs. Fallout had visible equipment changes in like 1997.

But if that hasn't been a staple of JRPG's recently, then that's very cool.

I love cutscenes where the player is wearing the customized equipment. :)

It's a mixed bag. For every jrpg developer that says, "Hey this is stupid. Why are we still doing it this way?" another comes along and says "If it worked in '89, then it should still work today." This applies for visible equipment, new game+, and my biggest pet peeve random encounters.

jj984jj said:
No, but the second screen reminded me of White Knight Story.

That's the same vibe I got as well. Even the protags look alike.

Top Bottom