• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Infinite Undiscovery site open

Kydd BlaZe

Whoa...this actually looks pretty awesome. I'm not much of a fan of jrpgs, but i'll definitely keep an eye on this one.

Hopefully Lost Odyssey will turn out great as well. I'm actually looking for a good jrpg to get into...trying to diversify my gaming a bit.

Good lord this game looks gorgeous.

I actually like the title a lot. Hopefully it will keep that name if/when it gets released in America.

Changing Trusty Bell to Eternal Sonata = Bad Idea

Some things look good (character models, effects) others not so much (water, plastic walls).

pswii60 said:
What is it with JP screens being smaller than 720p, and having this matte scanned-in-style under-saturated finish. Why can't the Japs just release 720p frame buffer grabs like everywhere else!
Yeah screw them and screw those ******* as well.

It's cool that there is no censorship anymore but yeah.

ElFly

gregor7777 said:
That goes both ways my man, this looks like every other JRPG with overly colorful characters to me.

At least the cast is not 99% children.

Anyway, I don't like the art style. Still, will keep an eye on this.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
This game looks promising for some reason it reminds me of the the golden age of Jrpgs from the PS1 days.

icecream

Public Health Threat
n20070912_xbox2_48.jpg

And for those that want 720P...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I dont know where you guys get "visible equipment change" from. Capel looks the same in the first and second shot and he just isnt there in the third one.

jet1911

godhandiscen said:
I dont know where you guys get "visible equipment change" from. Capel looks the same in the first and second shot and he just isnt there in the third one.

Huh? It's the first character on the left.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
jet1911 said:
Huh? It's the first character on the left.
It seems you are right. There is a similar looking character on the first shot. That is why I assumed that wasnt Capel.

Ponn

Banned
I'll add to the comparisons and say it looks like something across from Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy XII. Which looks pretty damn good to me.

Ponn

Banned
michaeld said:
If I was a JRPG 360 fan/owner I wouldn't be too excited just yet considering the other attempts made so far.

I am, and i'm really liking Blue Dragon so far and loved the Eternal Sonata demo.

What was your point again?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
gregor777 said:
That goes both ways my man, this looks like every other JRPG with overly colorful characters to me.

Maybe so, but tri-Ace is a master of battle systems and thsi will almost assure unique gameplay.

And I never got why people are so dead-set against color in games. Do people feel like their manhood is threatened if they play something a bit "cutesy"? Colorful environments and characters are always a refreshing pace especially after looking at relatively drab, monochrome games like Killzone or Quake.

michaeld said:
If I was a JRPG 360 fan/owner I wouldn't be too excited just yet considering the other attempts made so far.

Why not? tri-Ace has only disappointed me once, and I own all of their titles. Japanese impressions of ES were kind of negative, but I'll say BD is the most enjoyable next gen game I've ever played.

djtiesto said:
Maybe so, but tri-Ace is a master of battle systems and thsi will almost assure unique gameplay.

And I never got why people are so dead-set against color in games. Do people feel like their manhood is threatened if they play something a bit "cutesy"? Colorful environments and characters are always a refreshing pace especially after looking at relatively drab, monochrome games like Killzone or Quake.

I'm not against color, it's the cartoony style with the "overuse" of vibrant color that I do not care for. Matter of taste.

I don't know why but I have this strange feeling that in a few months Shane Kim will say this was Microsoft's TGS megaton and we never heard of this game before...

Aurora

The hornet enemies and that Hume AF-esque clothing on the characters really give me a FFXI vibe.

Can't wait for some ingame footage.

dionysus

Yaldog
Needs more sparks in those gifs.

Seriously, I am going to get a headache playing this game with all those flashes of light and sparks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
dionysus said:

Seriously, I am going to get a headache playing this game with all those flashes of light and sparks.
you didnt play VP2 I guess. tri-Ace loves them sparks and particles.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
Whoa. The first thing I just noticed, looking at the 3 screens one after another..... is...... VISIBLE EQUIPMENT CHANGE CONFIRMED! :D :D :D :D
!!!!

oh shit, I did not know this. so SOLD.

tehbear

I can't believe people are still on the name thing. Here I got one for you, since the world is dying or whatever, all the discoveries and knowledge they've accumulated are being lost. So in essence they are being undiscovered. It's the disappearance of everything that used to part of the collective consciousness of this civilization. That's all I got.

dionysus said:

Perhaps you prefer a standard boring ho-hum battle encounter. But JRPGs brings you a rave.

Hunahan

Banned
Dunno. Still not feeling this game.

Maybe after some more info or pics....

Everything just feels kind of flat to me.

duckroll

Bumping this thread to provide some vital staff information that seems to have been missed way back from TGS:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1210587_1407.html

According to this really old Famitsu article, the staff is as follows:

Director: Hiroshi Ogawa (Star Ocean 3 Planning Director)
Producer: Hajime Kojima (Radiata Stories and Star Ocean 3 co-producer)
R&D Lead Programmer: Yoshiharu Gotanda (Patron Saint of JRPG Programmers)
Scenario: ORG/Ryo Mizuno (Record of Lodoss War)/Shoji Gato (Full Metal Panic)
Music: Motoi Sakuraba

The most interesting part of the information is that from some research done on 2ch, it appears that Ryo Mizuno is in charge of the scenario, while Shoji Gato is in charge of the script. It's pretty odd though, the game didn't really look like it had much focus on the scenario and these are two pretty big names in terms of anime writers and light novelists.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yay! New news! :D

This game is #1 on my list of most anticipated games right now, I hope it doesn't take too long to come out. Not that I want them to rush or anything, I just want to play it because this game looks like awesomest RPG of the generation yet! :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wow at the scenario part. I wonder if it's MS moneyhats again like Toriyama for Blue Dragon and Shigematsu/Inoue for Lost Odyssey.

Top Bottom