• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Sonic: 2nd Trailer

this game has me Piqued

and wanting a HD Wii delivering that kind of graphical performance.

Also Shadow confirmed

Peach waving her sexy ass in the pool.

First shows or confirmations of
Swimming
Table Tennis
Javelin will be fun, my Wiimote will leave my hand no doubt.
High Jump Lots of stuff man!

DefectiveReject said:
this game has me Piqued

and wanting a HD Wii delivering that kind of graphical performance.

Also Shadow confirmed

Swimming
Table Tennis

Blaze is in there too. You can see her around the end, on the left side.

GrimReaper said:
Blaze is in there too. You can see her around the end, on the left side.
yeah noticed her, but out of all Sonic's shitty friends i only know Shadow and Tails

I also like Tails rubbing his crotch in the video, meant to be rubbing his knees, and nice shots of Peach's cleavage.

Jeez i need to go home and show the missus a good time....

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Funny thing is most of the audience consists of Mario characters. I only saw a few animal buddies to make up for the Sonic side.

acuul said:
is this ingame?

if so... gorgeous!

yay for diving

If this was ingame. MS and Sony would be kicking themselves for having the beasts they have for delivering games that on't look this clean!!
and yeah its a very good trailer

Haunted

DefectiveReject said:
this game has me Piqued

Swimming
Table Tennis
Agreed.

Hyped that there's Table Tennis - interested in what other sports other than the track & field competitions there'll be.

yilmazz

Of course it's
not
ingame!
Game could turn out pretty nice, the LGC gameplay video made a good impression.

Neomoto

It looks like they've "CG-ed" everything, including the ingame challenges to make it look that clean and nice. But very cool trailer, interest increased by quite a lot. If it includes online I will buy this day one.

WildArms said:
That was fucking beautiful.
Yep

Now like i said earlier and in the MP3 topic. Nintendo and Co will makes some AWESOME HD games. Their characters and the environments they live in welcome themselves to such a clean looking style

Nintaiyo

Reminds me of the intros to Mario Golf and Tennis. If it's anywhere close to being as good as those games were, I'll be happy.

That was great. Nice to see TT, maybe Sega will get the controls right with some help from the big N? So much potential in this one.

CoolS

I hope the in-game presentation will be as atmospheric and cinematic as this trailer is. Although it doesn't quite look like that in the gamplay footage ..

Let's wait and see.

Proven

Blaze is in this? This trailer + Blaze had made this a buy++

I wasn't even considering this game but, if they can keep the same epicness that the mario sports series can have and yet still be silly, then I can't see why you wouldn't want this game if you played Mario ______. It's the same thing, but with Sonic guys added at the end.

Also, did anyone notice at the beginning when the camera keeps switching between left and right sides of Mario and Sonic, how silly it looks for Sonic's grin to keep swapping sides?

Fatalah

It's still unclear to me who's developing this game.

Wikipedia says SEGA started making this game on its own and later asked Nintendo for the use of Nintendo characters. But the lead designer is Miyamato.

What's this mean?

Haunted

Fatalah said:
It's still unclear to me who's developing this game.

Wikipedia says SEGA started making this game on its own and later asked Nintendo for the use of Nintendo characters. But the lead designer is Miyamato.

What's this mean?
SEGA will make the game, but just before it's finished, Miyamoto comes over and upends the tea table so they'll have to start over.

SEGA is making it, but Miyamoto watches over the development process and ultimately has to approve of the game.

Arde5643

castle007 said:
Good trailer even though it was all CG
I think a commercial with that kind of trailer will make this game a sure buy for kids/families/Sonic fans/Mario party fans - so I think this game has a potential to be really good in sales.

bryehn

That's a really good trailer. Seems like there'll be a good amount of events to play. Should be good times.

[Nintex]

Great CG trailer.

SEGA what ever you do, don't screw this up. F-zero GX, the first SEGA/Nintendo project is one of the best games ever made. Maybe one day Nintendo will help with the development of a Sonic game...

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
The part where Yoshi's and Tails's eyes first meet when they are about to play table tennis is awesome!

Arde5643

[Nintex] said:
SEGA what ever you do, don't screw this up. F-zero GX, the first SEGA/Nintendo project is one of the best games ever made. Maybe one day Nintendo will help with the development of a Sonic game...
Miyamoto to upend Sonic's table confirmed.

Haunted

Count Dookkake said:
You know they're both thinking "I gotta play against an effin' spin-off character?"
:lol

Tails should be honoured that he's allowed to play against Yoshi, though.

Haunted

I know that I'll play 90% with Mario characters in the MP. Sonic and Knuckles are ok in my book, but the other shitty friends can fuck off.

I AM JOHN! said:
I can't help but crack a dumb smile at this terrible-looking game that I will end up buying and hating myself for.

Game will be terrible confirmed.
I liked your previous avatar much better. :(

This game is gonna be a lot of fun... I can just feel it.

Next thing is to get the Panzer Dragoon people working on a proper on-rails Star Fox sequel. I think Nintendo's discipline brings out the best in Sega. This is a partnership that needs to continue.

Haunted One said:
I liked your previous avatar much better. :(
Don't you be hating on Dick Valentine, Haunted, or I will destroy you. :mad:

51ZCr4k3YHL._SS500_.jpg

Singing the gospels of Electric Six is ALWAYS worth derailing. :D

Top Bottom