• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best DS games?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm taking a long train ride today and am thinking of picking up a DS before I go. I'm just wondering what games are worth getting to play with it? I need just one or two games that'll be fun to play for long hours, which rules out Nintendogs :lol

don't get me wrong. i'll be buying nintendogs before too long. but yeah... i'm wondering what to get. I needs ya'lls advice!

We don't even know what kind of games you like.

Anyway, games with replay value/take that long to finish a single time anyway:

Advance Wars DS
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Etrian Odyssey

Capndrake

-Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
-Phoenix Wright 1/2/3.
-Elite Beat Agents or Ouendan 1/2.
-Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2.
-The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass if you live in the US/JP.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Final Fantasy III, Lunar Knights, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Trace Memory, Chibi Robo: Park Patrol.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Ahh, it's been too long since we've had one of these topics. Oh, wait.

Anyway, here's my list...

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
New Super Mario Bros.
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Mega Man ZX
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Tetris DS
Kirby: Canvas Curse

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm a big RPG guy and I've thought of getting the FF games. I'm also into some action games... I'd love some puzzles but am not interested in them right now.

It's just I haven't heard a lot of great DS games for awhile. Is the new Link game fun? I've pretty much ignored the DS because I haven't owned a handheld since the original gameboy (which I still own, btw) so any games you guys can recognize as good i'd appreciate.

case in point (using ps2 games): You don't have to be strictly a platformer or action fan to appreciate Prince of Persia or GTA:SA.

edit: damn! forgot about Kirby:CC. see, this is why I started this thread-- there's a lot of badass DS games that I should play that I have completely forgotten bout, and I know if I go to gamestop I'll just go blind staring at that little wall o' DS games.

No one ever fucking listens to me, but I keep posting it. And I'll continue to keep posting it until you fucks listen and/or I go insane and post a appreciation thread for it in which I commit suicide at the end.
61D3S6PS1JL._SS500_.jpg

Buy it.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
whytemyke said:
Is the new Link game fun?

I'm just starting it myself and while it's fun, the touch-screen movement hasn't won me over yet. In fact, it strikes me as cumbersome.

Mudhoney

iconoclast said:
This thread needs way more Trauma Center.

Way more.
Maybe the Wii version has made the DS version look bad. It is an excellent game though, but is it even being made anymore? It was really hard to find a while ago.

Pureauthor said:
Get Etrian Odyssey. NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW
Agreed.

Pureauthor said:
Again, ON A TRAIN RIDE?

I havent been on a train in like 10 years but from what I remember it wasnt a bumpy ride. I've played TC and Ouendan while in a car though and it was not a problem at all.

Anyway I also recommend Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (PoR didnt grab me as much as DoS did) and Advance Wars. Mario Kart is pretty awesome too.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
whytemyke said:
It's just I haven't heard a lot of great DS games for awhile.
It's either because nobody wants to keep a thread like this on the first page or stickied, or because you adamantly refuse to read the other 500 threads asking the exact same fucking thing.

joelseph

Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime
Rocket Slime

Jme

Rocket Slime
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Advance Wars Dual Strike
WarioWare Touched
Zelda Phantom Hourglass

Man, theres like 1,000,000 awesome games for the DS. You really want us to list them all?

Dr.Hadji

Pureauthor said:
No, it's not. Not even close.

Hey we didn't trash your dull as mud dungeon crawler. Why anyone would casually mention that game as if it had broad appeal I'll never know.

Dr.Hadji said:
Hey we didn't trash your dull as mud dungeon crawler. Why anyone would casually mention that game as if it had broad appeal I'll never know.

No one who has ever played Etrian Odyssey claims that it's a game with mass appeal. Including me. But that's not a mark on the game either way, is it?

oh, it's close. so close that it IS.

think about that one.

Posting more wrong things (like you just did) doesn't make any of them true in the least.

sorry pureauthor, I'll change my opinion because you disagree. next time there is a thread about 'best games' should I PM you to make sure my opinion is acceptable to you?

JodyAnthony said:
sorry pureauthor, I'll change my opinion because you disagree. next time there is a thread about 'best games' should I PM you to make sure my opinion is acceptable to you?

That would be preferrable.

Snarkiness aside, you said your opinion and I said my opinion in regards to your opinion. Is there a problem?

JodyAnthony said:
nope, just trying to have some friendly banter

Okay, lemme try:

We need more games which involve moons crashing onto the planet. Am I right or am I right?

I'm not very good at friendly banter.

Dr.Hadji said:

its better than the recent zelda, to say the least. so is pokemon

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Visualante said:
I'd rather wear a plastic bag over my head than play that abortion of game on a train you fool.

"Abortion of a game??" :( That's just mean. I bet it was just too hard for you so you're lashing out.

On Topic:
Anyway, when you do get interested in puzzle games, get Meteos,Planet Puzzle League, and maybe Picross. (Picross is great but the interface when the grids get bigger is poorly handled). But especially get Meteos.

As for none puzzles, you might also try Sonic.

joelseph

tetrisgrammaton said:
its better than the recent zelda, to say the least. so is pokemon

They are all great games, why must this be a pissing match? Say your games and move along, there is no prize here.

Dr.Hadji

joelseph said:
They are all great games, why must this be a pissing match? Say your games and move along, there is no prize here.

Thats because it hurts on a personal level when someone recommends games like Meteos over true gems like Planet Puzzle League.

Brak

Dr.Hadji said:
Thats because it hurts on a personal level when someone recommends games like Meteos over true gems like Planet Puzzle League.
Except that Meteos is the best game on the DS.

Top Bottom