• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official CNN Democratic Presidential Debate Thread of CHANGE you can XEROX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
WHAT: CNN Democratic Presidential Debate
WHEN: Thursday, February 21st 8 PM EST
WHERE: Austin, Texas

The Contenders

barackhillary.jpg
hillaryamcry.jpg

Delegate Count

Obama- 1163 pledged delegates, 165.5 superdelegates, 1328.5 total
Clinton- 1007 pledged delegates, 238 superdelegates, 1245 total

Obama has won ten consecutive contests since Super Tuesday by double digits. Hillary Clinton is hanging on for her political life and is likely to keep going negative. Obama's response?

barackwater.jpg

Let's go!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Thread title :lol

We should start predicting questions that each of the candidates will face - whoever guesses the most wins. I'll start (and I'll compile the questions by user as they come):

1. John McCain has recently started "calling your bluff" regarding public campaign finance. He says you're going back on your word. How do you respond to that?

Xisiqomelir

crisdecuba said:
We should start predicting questions that each of the candidates will face - whoever guesses the most wins. I'll start (and I'll compile the questions by user as they come):

1. John McCain has recently started "calling your bluff" regarding public campaign finance. He says you're going back on your word. How do you respond to that?

2. You've lost 10 consecutive states in a row. Do you feel that your opponent's momentum is now insurmountable?

RubxQub

Xisiqomelir said:
2. You've lost 10 consecutive states in a row. Do you feel that your opponent's momentum is now insurmountable?
3. The following is a two part question, Mrs. Clinton. The first: A new group has just recently popped up, referring to themselves as 527 that are releasing advertisements into the public space that appear to be promoting yourself and discrediting Senator Obama. Do you feel like this group should be allowed these types of advertisements.

The followup question to this is simply: Why are you being such a bitch?

Macam

Banned
crisdecuba said:

That's actually a question I'm semi-interested in her answering, particularly since her campaigns were quick to jump on Obama over the issue, though I'd phrase it differently.

Keep the questions coming - I'll compile. :) My next ones:

2. Senator Clinton, we have noticed an increase in what many would call "negative attack ads" - how do you answer your critics' assessment that this is a desperate attempt to make up ground?

3. Senator Obama, John McCain was recently quoted as saying that he would work each day of this campaign to ensure that the American people are not deceived by "an eloquent but empty call for change." Is there a legitimate argument that says that you do not back up your call to change with specifics?

4. Senator Clinton, how often would you say you're actually asked, "Why are you so specific? Why don't you just rile us up with rhetoric?"

RubxQub

This questions is for Senator Obama.

You have recently been implicated by Senator McCain with his statements about an "empty call for change".... your question is: How much longer do you think Senator McCain will live? Dude be old as shit... all fartin dust and shit....

Seriously though, I expect most of these questions to be re-hashes of previous ones with perhaps a few current event type questions looped in.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Zoe said:
Any UT people know if they've already notified the people chosen in the lottery?

all of them were told yesterday, whether through UT or through the Democratic party of Texas.

Zoe

StoOgE said:
all of them were told yesterday, whether through UT or through the Democratic party of Texas.

Oh well, the thing at the Union sounds more fun anyway!

Wraith

crisdecuba said:
Keep the questions coming - I'll compile. :) My next ones:

3. Senator Obama, John McCain was recently quoted as saying that he would work each day of this campaign to ensure that the American people are not deceived by "an eloquent but empty call for change." Is there a legitimate argument that says that you do not back up your call to change with specifics?

Obama really does need to start hitting on specifics. Voting on him as he is now is kind of a crapshoot, as he could easily go down in flames when he starts giving out specifics on policies and such.

Zeed

Banned
Wraith said:
he could easily go down in flames when he starts giving out specifics on policies and such.
They're freely published on his website and he's lately made a point of talking about them in his speeches. The "Obama has no specifics" shtick is as tired as "the Wii has no games".

The thing is that he's such a good inspirational speaker that his opponents have no choice but to brand him as lacking substance - even if the charge is manifestly untrue.

AmishNazi

Banned
Wraith said:
Obama really does need to start hitting on specifics. Voting on him as he is now is kind of a crapshoot, as he could easily go down in flames when he starts giving out specifics on policies and such.

Nope he doesn't.

Hillary and McCain would steal those specifics and reword them so quick...

Tamanon

Banned
Wraith said:

To be fair, it's this kind of thinking that leads to 45-minute speeches:p

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02192008/news/regionalnews/mike_bloomberg_claims_vote_fraud__98367.htm

FRAUD!

February 19, 2008 -- Mayor Bloomberg charged yesterday that "fraud" was behind the unofficial results in the New York Democratic presidential primary that produced zero votes for Barack Obama in some districts.

"If you want to call it significant undercounting, I guess that's a euphemism for fraud," said the mayor.

Unofficial tallies on election night gave Obama no votes in 78 out of more than 6,000 election districts.

funny thing... I had an art project due this week... so last night I did not sleep I surfed news all night waiting for returns on Hawaii. So I really did not work on my painting.

I was tired as hell by 6am so I waited until 9am to start painting when the sunlight was right
went and got some coffee and when to work

so I'm painting this father and son thing for black history month... so I just worked through the painting sleepy and dazed... when I'm done with the father's face I swear it looks a bit too much like Obama. Which if true the company who wanted the painting will reject it due to no political theme rule they gave me.

I dunno if I should paint the face over, I dunno why it came out looking like Obama :(

I'm too tired to redo right now I have to sleep

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
This question has nothing to do with this at all (well, not directly at least), but seeing all you guys here I'm asking the question; how much does an average health insurance cost per month in the US? I'm just curious.

Zeed

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
funny thing... I had an art project due this week... so last night I did not sleep I surfed news all night waiting for returns on Hawaii. So I really did not work on my painting.

I was tired as hell by 6am so I waited until 9am to start painting when the sunlight was right
went and got some coffee and when to work

so I'm painting this father and son thing for black history month... so I just worked through the painting sleepy and dazed... when I'm done with the father's face I swear it looks a bit too much like Obama. Which if true the company who wanted the painting will reject it due to no political theme rule they gave me.

I dunno if I should paint the face over, I dunno why it came out looking like Obama :(

I'm too tired to redo right now I have to sleep
If they reject it because it looks like Obama, accuse them of racism and be all like "I bet they all look the same to you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom