• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

kRzLOXA.jpg

The sixth Democratic primary debate is taking place at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, produced by PBS NewsHour, Milwaukee Public Television and WUWM 89.7 FM.

The debate will held today, Thursday February 11, and start at 9PM EST. It will be broadcast live on PBS and streamed at PBS's site.

The Debate
Just finished my abridged debate video: 2 hours compressed to ~32 minutes.

https://youtu.be/Ozm1ansFfLM

Enjoy!!

PBS has the full debate and a debate with closed captions up on their Youtube channel.

The Story

The Republican Empire sought to destroy the United States by summoning a giant moon to crash into the region of America, but instead Obama burst out of the moon, blew everything up, and brought about a thousand years of darkness.

9JVwBKc.jpg

Obama as Bahamut

Our brave adventurers will now e-sports on public television in hopes of reviving this very much destroyed and awful country.

Presenting the job classes:

Hillary Clinton as Warrior: this job is supposed to be a tank, but instead bleeds in pursuit of a more aggressive attack style.

IrV2VG5.jpg

Bernie Sanders as Black Mage: this job consists of endless loop spells of two types and is fairly immobile.

39sRM0j.jpg

This debate is brought to you by the debate moderators, Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff.
rBI0q3q.jpg
grkUrop.jpg

Cash Shop Sale
The Rubiowalker mount is available at a special price of $3.33 for a limited time only! Please enjoy this seasonal item!

syf8neH.jpg

Cheers and enjoy the debate.

(For those who are confused, the theme is the MMO Final Fantasy XIV.)

laughed at "oh shit, first female president" and "uh, my iraq war vote"

strap in fam(s)

edit: over/under 2 pages in we get someone saying they support bernie but would vote trump over hillary

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Well done OP. These threads make me laugh out loud everytime.

Bernie Sanders as Black Mage: this job consists of endless loop spells of two types and is fairly immobile.

Watch out for the jumpshot critical attack tho.

This thread is everything. I wish I could watch the debate. I can't, unless someone wants to be my sugar daddy and support my ass so I don't have to work.

Jenov

The fact that you integrated this with FF14 is god-tier debate OP. Great job, dramatis :)))

Love the Bernie BLM, it's especially apt, haha

Paskil

Your charts are incredible. I now know how to politician. Hyped for this! Also, I love Gwen Ifill.

Also, I call bullshit. I'm looking out my Window and Madison looks nothing like that. I was in Milwaukee two weeks ago and can say the same.

Paskil

Possible wildcard tonight is the location and crowd. Milwaukee is a very segregated city. Among the worst in the country.
I can confirm that this is an accurate visual representation of this state in February.

I will fight you. Seriously though, I love this thread and wish I could have gotten tickets. I tried to get tickets for the Republican debate there last year and also failed.

mjc

Hyped.

I go to UWM but luckily my courses are online this semester. It's a shit show down there.

dramatis

Don't get the references. WoW? LoL?
I tried to keep it as little 'MMO' as possible and made some aspects as obvious as I could. Sorry.

In MMOs, jobs/classes usually have 'ability rotations' that refer to the order in which you execute abilities. To optimize damage output, players put out flowcharts similar to the one I made up to show other players the sequences and situations where abilities should be used.

The icons and general theme here are less important than the idea of the flowcharts themselves, basically the idea that the candidates are relatively scripted themselves, just like MMO rotations.

studyguy

So would the Super Delegates be like the ESUNA PLS, PACIFICATION INCOMING for Hillary?

Genuinely curious if the John Lewis bit will come up tonight.

Wilsongt

Hillary is going to go after Bernie hard tonight.

She's going to {Overpower} him using her {Raw Intuition} while maintaining her {Equilibrium}.

All Bernie can do is {Transpose} those attacks into some sort of {Manawall} or and maybe {Fire} back once or twice.

Hilary going to dominate the debate. Just remember though, whoever wins is the much better option in November than anyone on the republican side.

Ashodin

Hilary going to dominate the debate. Just remember though, whoever wins is the much better option in November than anyone on the republican side.

No doubt, any of the Republicans in this election's offering are just terrible candidates all around.

I think Trump did his damage to the party as a whole and they're not going to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom