• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilary going to dominate the debate. Just remember though, whoever wins is the much better option in November than anyone on the republican side.

9mhfIMc.png

The candidate who keeps bringing up the fact that Henry Kissinger, a literal fucking war criminal, sings his praises of her, is certainly not that much better, if at all.

Should be a fun debate, considering the Clinton campaign is throwing a fucking fit right now because of the New Hampshire numbers, where she lost in every demographic except rich and olds.

Hilary going to dominate the debate. Just remember though, whoever wins is the much better option in November than anyone on the republican side.
I really do think that the host site is offering a chance at an unexpected advantage, which is something the media hasn't picked up on.
I hear Hillary has more EXP
Assuming FFXIV works at all like my time in FFXI, her job class does allow for infinitely more customization compared to Bernie, but his specialization has a higher peak output. Sounds about right.
I go to UWM but luckily my courses are online this semester. It's a shit show down there.
Hey, how dare you put down the fine city that has such great sights, as, uh, the bridge that's always being repaired, those domes that cracked last week, and the stadium named after a beer company!

Miletius

I was wondering why Wisconsin got all warm and sunny looking. Then I saw the crystal encircled in blue glass and I said WTF.

Hopefully I can get home in time to catch the end of this.

Geist-

9mhfIMc.png

The candidate who keeps bringing up the fact that Henry Kissinger, a literal fucking war criminal, sings his praises of her, is certainly not that much better, if at all.

Should be a fun debate, considering the Clinton campaign is throwing a fucking fit right now because of the New Hampshire numbers, where she lost in every demographic except rich and olds.
I immediately thought of the Kissinger from Venture Bros.

That would be amazing if Hillary appeared in Venture Bros. with Kissinger running her election campaign.

This fucking OT is easily the best one we've had so far for all the debates. As a FFXIV player, I'm laughing hysterically right now.

"Wall Street?"

oh shit

*pops foresight*

Hahahahahahaha.

I legitimately forgot that there was even a debate tonight, but now I'm very likely to be tuning in. Thanks, OP.

Jay-Hova

Banned
I don't feel good about Bernie's performance tonight for some reason, I feel like Hilary's going for the jugular and if he keeps on with his repetition and pacifism he'll lose.

I feel like all I've done lately in my free time is follow politics, at the expense of things I normally enjoy doing like movies and games. Normally I am not that into politics, but this round is just super fascinating to me!

http://i.imgur.com/9mhfIMc.png/IMG]

The candidate who keeps bringing up the fact that [URL="http://www.globalresearch.ca/crimes-against-humanity-why-is-henry-kissinger-walking-around-free/5358322"]Henry Kissinger, a literal fucking war criminal,[/URL] sings his praises of her, is certainly not that much better, if at all.

Should be a fun debate, considering the Clinton campaign is throwing a fucking fit right now because of the New Hampshire numbers, where she lost in every demographic except rich and olds.[/QUOTE]

Yes, a candidate that votes the same way as Bernie Sanders 93% of the time and has a long history of helping the American people during her time in government is not much better than the republican candidates.

Geist-

I feel like all I've done lately in my free time is follow politics, at the expense of things I normally enjoy doing like movies and games. Normally I am not that into politics, but this round is just super fascinating to me!
It's the craziest political circus I've experienced (although I admit I'm a young millennial who's really only experienced Bush through Obama).

It's all fascinating and I'm consumed by my interest in how it turns out.

Ashodin

It's the craziest political circus I've experienced (although I admit I'm a young millennial who's really only experienced Bush through Obama).

It's all fascinating and I'm consumed by my interest in how it turns out.

You missed the Clinton years boyo, thems were some fucking awesome times

This is when the real attack begins. We already knew Bernie would win NH, so this is where the claws come out.
Hillary's still polling really well in SC, right? I'm not sure if she's got reason to worry just yet.

It'll be interesting to see what Bernie says, though.

Geist-

Hillary's still polling really well in SC, right? I'm not sure if she's got reason to worry just yet.

It'll be interesting to see what Bernie says, though.
Last poll was the 23rd last month, it's hard to tell what effect Iowa and New Hampshire have had on SC yet.
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/697852256557928448

Bernie allowing Hillary an opening to make this a proxy war w/ Obama is not smart.
Even as a Bernie supporter those Twitter comments are really cringie.

9mhfIMc.png

Wow, Hillary is a fan of Kissinger. I am truly shocked.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm torn. On the one hand Bernie has actually been pissing me off this last month and I would love to see Clinton lay into him. On the other hand I would really prefer she not completely alienate his entire base, especially since its barely February

Neither of them should be trying to discredit the other as viable candidates honestly, the GE is too important. But...Bernie started it

Yes, a candidate that votes the same way as Bernie Sanders 93% of the time and has a long history of helping the American people during her time in government is not much better than the republican candidates.

The people of Libya and Iraq might take heed with that crass oversimplification.

Looking forward to Hillary crushing Bernie and his stupid little political revolution.

This is the same attitude many PUMAs had about Obama in 08.

Jay-Hova

Banned
I'm torn. On the one hand Bernie has actually been pissing me off this last month and I would love to see Clinton lay into him. On the other hand I would really prefer she not completely alienate his entire base, especially since its barely February

Neither of them should be trying to discredit the other as viable candidates honestly, the GE is too important. But...Bernie started it
What has Bernie done that's so bad (other than keep repeating the same things)?

I would gladly take an alternative candidate to Clinton that I thought could win a general- it's one of many reasons I supported Obama in '08.

Sanders is no Obama.

One thing I didn't expect coming out of the democratic process is me liking sanders less. He's fucking with a lot of people. Just as bad, he's not proposing anything that'll get anything he wants -- nor gets at the root cause of what's so frustrating about our system.

The Technomancer

What has Bernie done that's so bad (other than keep repeating the same things)?

He started pissing me off when he started playing the "not a real progressive" angle about Clinton. Both of them should want their base to move to the other candidate if they lose the nomination. Make a case for why you're a better candidate of course, but don't prime your supporters to sit home election night because "she's barely better than the republicans"

i have no idea what a puma is

Diehard Hillary supporters who were cheering for her to put down Obama's idealism, reiterating the same talking points that we hear now about how Sanders (who has decades of more experience in legislature than Obama, btw) is too idealistic and "can't get anything done."

He started pissing me off when he started playing the "not a real progressive" angle about Clinton. Both of them should want their base to move to the other candidate if they lose the nomination. Make a case for why you're a better candidate of course, but don't prime your supporters to sit home election night because "she's barely better than the republicans"

This is a legitimately valid point when Hillary has been responsible for the deaths of millions from Iraq to Libya. She has played a part in making threats like ISIS what they are today, and if so be it then there are those willing to canvass for the PSL, even if it doesn't have a shot in hell. The Democratic establishment needs to be taken to the mat, and their decades of incompetence in allegedly fighting for the working man needs to be called out and faced with consequences.

The Technomancer

Diehard Hillary supporters who were cheering for her to put down Obama's idealism, reiterating the same talking points that we hear now about how Sanders (who has decades of more experience in legislature than Obama, btw) is too idealistic and "can't get anything done."

I don't recall Obama running on anything nearly as specific as single payer healthcare or free college tuition. I mean, I could be wrong and I'm completely open to being shown evidence, but Bernie has been specific about what exactly people are expecting

He won't get anything he's talking about done. He's basically lying to his voters.

Has GAF done a LotR theme for the debates yet? Seems like a missed opportunity.

I'll check this debate out since I missed the last few, see if anyone says anything new.

He's seen as a lone wolf in the senate. He has basically no friends in government, has a horrible temper, and isn't really known for his negotation skills. He keeps talking how his revolution will be from new people getting into politics and coming out to vote, but we haven't seen that. Democratic voter turnout is down from 2008 while republican turnout is at all time highs. How is he going to accomplish any of the things that are his main talking points? He's not the needed leader of a political revolution even though that is how his campaign is trying to frame him.

He's seen as a lone wolf in the senate. He has basically no friends in government, has a horrible temper, and isn't really known for his negotation skills. He keeps talking how his revolution will be from new people getting into politics and coming out to vote, but we haven't seen that. Democratic voter turnout is down from 2008 while republican turnout is at all time highs. How is he going to accomplish any of the things that are his main talking points? He's not the needed leader of a political revolution even though that is how his campaign is trying to frame him.

WE ARE GOING TO LEAD A POLITICAL REVOLUTION

*turn out down in Iowa and New Hampshire*

WE ARE GOING TO LEAD A POLITICAL REVOLUTION

HylianTom

Banned

I will also add: those turnout figures you mention come from two states that were THE most fertile for his proclaimed "revolution."

I'm going to be skeptical of claims of "revolution" when he can't even produce in the states where his task should be easiest.

Quite a few people voted for the Iraq War, and quite a few people were for it, who eventually came out against it when its reality became clear. Having an administration greatly exaggerate the strength and reliability of damning evidence against a regime already known to be guilty of atrocities and with a history of acts of geopolitical aggression tends to color peoples' judgment. Libya is a pretty fair mess to lay at Hillary's feet (that and her total nothing of a tenure in the State Department), but voting for the Iraq War is a more complicated matter.

RPGCrazied

The differences between these debates and the republican ones are like night/day.

These you get debates about the issues, all republicans talk about is illegal immigration and ISIS/War.

kirblar

kirblar

Quite a few people voted for the Iraq War, and quite a few people were for it, who eventually came out against it when its reality became clear. Having an administration greatly exaggerate the strength and reliability of damning evidence against a regime already known to be guilty of atrocities and with a history of acts of geopolitical aggression tends to color peoples' judgment. Libya is a pretty fair mess to lay at Hillary's feet (that and her total nothing of a tenure in the State Department), but voting for the Iraq War is a more complicated matter.
Politically, being the former first lady opposing the war also creates a lot of political issues that aren't there for a regular senator. One thing that's hard to convey is just how toxic the political environment was at the time.

(sorry for the accidental double post.)

Im really LTTP I'm sure, but is there validity to what this article states about the superdelegates?

https://news.vice.com/article/no-cl...er-losing-new-hampshire?utm_source=vicenewsfb

Hillary is Sauron, Bernie is Saruman, and the Repubs are the fellowship? I like it.
Superdelegates can vote for whomever they want, but they generally vote in accordance with the public. They could reverse the decision of the voters to nominate their choice, but they probably won't, as doing so would cause a backlash that's harsh enough to cost the DNC the general election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom