• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 10 [CNN] Super Tuesday Bros. Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapple

leDhQWi.gif

Amazing.

Drek

They really don't. There is a lot of discontent in the union rank and file and it would be really easy for Trump to peel off the membership even if the leadership endorses Hillary.

Not close to the discord over a black dude being the nominee. You basically have two kinds of union employees, the guys who vote union party line and the guys who have a card because that's their job but are really far right on most issues (gun rights, immigration, gay rights, etc.). The former vote democrat, the later vote republican. The former greatly outweighs the later so unions are viewed as democrat stalwarts.

Clinton will likely see more blue collar worker support than Obama because she is 1. not black and 2. hasn't made a "clinging to guns and religion" statement (yet).

atr0cious

she is the worst human.

But politically, she's perfect for Donald. Anti-Establishment to the point of where she's like a self-hating advisor for them. White blond woman. Mean as shit, with a filthy mouth. And she's only been piling up dumb books no one's reading, so I'm sure she's down for a free book tour.

It was also planned in advance because his website immediately started "selling" broken watches that were labeled as the type Trump would be selling (though you don't actually get a watch. It's just a $10 donation toward Rubio).

Nothing worse than trying to force something to go viral.

Really? Haha what the fuck.

Future

My co-worker had the greatest idea for Trumps running mate: Ann Coulter. How is that not the pathway to the general?

Would be hilarious but trump is winning because he's likeable. Ann would be the worst move ever.

In fact watching these debates trump often comes out on top for me not just cuz of the one liners, but because he's not simply bashing Obama over and over to get cheers from pure haters in the crowd. Rubio in comparison will turn every question into an Obama or Clinton bash fest and then takes a sip of his water as the crowd cheers. Forgetting maybe that to flip views from moderate/independent to republican, you may need to show some understanding on why people may have liked a few things Obama did.

Now Ann being rubios running mate? That I can see

Drek

Exactly why it is the perfect choice. Read again what you just wrote, lol.

Unless the establishment GOP plan is to assassinate Trump at the convention they'll run away from tying an otherwise electable, moderate candidate to him. Teaming Trump with Kasich is a good way to wind up with a democratic governor of Ohio regardless of how the Presidential race ends.

Also, I don't think Kasich is enough of a shitbag to sacrifice his views and morals just to ride Trump's coattails to a VP seat with no authority when he could keep being a governor, run for another senate/congressional seat, etc..

Iorv3th

Been talking to people at my work. One guy had a friend of his go to trump rally today. He was upset about it. Basically said trump is more talk with no plan than any other politician he has seen in 60 years and he said he wouldn't vote for trump in the general election if he was president. Other people saying he looked like a 12 year old kid at the debate saying they couldn't vote for someone like that. Many of these are long time republican voters.

Think it will be interesting to see what happens in the general. He's pulling in new people that don't normally vote though.

Any chance that Trump could ask Bernie to be his VP? They seem to agree on a few issues, plus Sanders could potentially steal some dem votes from Hillary.

Any chance that Trump could ask Bernie to be his VP? They seem to agree on a few issues, plus Sanders could potentially steal some dem votes from Hillary.

Absolutely zero chance.

Though Trump will probably pick up some votes from a certain sector of Bernie fans if Hillary gets the nom.

Clydefrog

The indifferent screaming by audience members was one of the more obnoxious things I've heard.

Also what was up with Hugh Hewitt asking for rock-solid absolute policy pledges? The guy gives me the fucking creeps.

Yeah, there was a banshee in the audience that I kept hearing. "WooaaAaAAahhh!"

Also, this thread is HYUGE!

nillah

Banned
You got a Rubio who brought the fight without having to belittle anyone *cough* Cruz, and even so when Cruz goes on his lil "attacks" it's just a whinny baby begging for someone to pop a Binkie in his trap. At least with Trump you know you're going to get a real onslaught.

It's kinda hilarious watching people's reaction to the media. For years channels have been throwing petrol over their own houses by telling people that they shouldn't trust "those other" new mediums.

Suddenly people realized that this could hold true for the new channels they watch.

Now the media doesn't know what the fuck to do.

Rubenov

Rubio got in a few cheap shots on Trump because Trump wasn't expecting it, since Rubio had been so... inconsequential in every debate. He won't get away with it a next time, assuming this whole thing isn't wrapped up in 2 weeks.

PBY

Banned
Rubio got in a few cheap shots on Trump because Trump wasn't expecting it, since Rubio had been so... inconsequential in every debate. He won't get away with it a next time, assuming this whole thing isn't wrapped up in 2 weeks.

He already didn't get away with it.

Trump snatched his soul within 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom