• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let The Games Begin: Republican Debates Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

Sad that's the question rather than what would be a far more revealing "Why do you want to defund Planned Parenthood?".

Haven't you heard? Every single Planned Parenthood branch is selling fetus parts for profit and must be shutdown.

Banzai

Will watch for entertainment value.
But I'm actually reeeally worried that Trump keeps gaining supporters. And I don't even live in the USA.

Oh, Stewart. What a time to leave.

It's on

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/politics/fox-debate-cleveland-announcement/index.html

untitledulal8.png

untitledvmywv.png

From Fox News

Prime Debates:
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
John Kasich

Kid's Table debates:

Rick Perry
Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
Carly Fiorina
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Jim Gilmore

The Republican Hunger Games are almost here

image.php

tanooki27

this gonna be cool as hell. anticipated viewership is largest in primary debate history

if Jeb wins Jon Stewart should run in 2020. consider the historical record: that robin Williams movie

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Sad that Perry didn't make it in. He was my main last time. Easily has the most invincibility frames.

Someone give me the rundown here. There is a lesser debate before the main event? Are they both tomorrow?

Yes. Lesser one is at 2 Pacific Time and the main one is at 6 Pacific Time.

how long after this debate do we get the first dropouts? i'd imagine that those who do poorly in the kid's table debate will drop out pretty fast if it kills their already tiny numbers

04aa889712.png

how long after this debate do we get the first dropouts? i'd imagine that those who do poorly in the kid's table debate will drop out pretty fast if it kills their already tiny numbers

I'm hoping the entire kid's table doesn't show up out of spite. That Santorum manager quote sounds so salty.

params7

Banned
It amuses me Trump is going in as the superstar and others are basically being coached right now on how to tackle him.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is at once glorious for my political preferences and devastating to my hope that democracy can work in an oligarch-owned media-driven society. We can all laugh it up but every one of us should be worried as fuck.

One of these clowns is the default choice for 48% of Americans. Forty eight percent.

I still don't understand how trump has the lead. No matter what happens I'm gonna be sad, laughing my ass off but sad.

He literally stands zero chance of winning. He's leading polls right now because most people aren't paying any attention to the election yet, and his name is in the news constantly. Most people probably couldn't name you four people running for president yet. It'd be Trump, Clinton, some Bush, and...

So, essentially the polls are showing which name people recognize right now.

NeonBlack

This is at once glorious for my political preferences and devastating to my hope that democracy can work in an oligarch-owned media-driven society. We can all laugh it up but every one of us should be worried as fuck.

One of these clowns is the default choice for 48% of Americans. Forty eight percent.

You just had to remind me that my family automatically votes for their party didn't you.

He literally stands zero chance of winning. He's leading polls right now because most people aren't paying any attention to the election yet, and his name is in the news constantly. Most people probably couldn't name you four people running for president yet. It'd be Trump, Clinton, some Bush, and...

So, essentially the polls are showing which name people recognize right now.

I hope you're right, sir.

ezrarh

I'm most intrigued by how Walker will do.

I honestly have no idea what to expect.

Everybody says he's dumb. He looks dumb. I haven't listened to him for more than a few seconds in small clips so I don't really know but it should be interesting.

KingGondo

Banned
Everybody says he's dumb. He looks dumb. I haven't listened to him for more than a few seconds in small clips so I don't really know but it should be interesting.
That's my initial instinct. But the real question isn't whether he sounds dumb to us, it's whether he steps on one of the many landmines in his path and offends the fiscal conservatives, the religious nuts, or the tea partiers.

It takes a Perry-tier gaffe to sound dumb to a GOP primary voter at a debate like this.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Honestly the only one I would not actively worry about is Jeb.

I was going to type out a bunch of reasons why I worry about the rest but I found myself typing out things that a tea party person would say about Obama -- apocalypse, nuclear war, active destruction of America, etc. Of course saying all that would make me a hypocrite, so..

I would if not for the fact that the new daily show won't start until September 28th. That show will be missing so much during that downtime.

Rick Perry came and went during august and september 2011, and Donald Trump, the guy the Daily Show has been begging to run forever, has a decent chance of seeing that same fate. Trump might be old news by the time they come back.
That's fair, I didn't realize he's not starting right away. Seemed like it was being written off by people here.

Hopefully the writers are the same and, yknow, it's the republican primary... there's always more fuckery to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom