• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 4th - Jr. Tuesday - GAF's worst (McCain wins, Hil wins Ohio, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG

Banned
cd178bb4bc9d7c4773c32cb8fee6a913.gif

The Schedule:
jrtuesday.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Candidates:
Democrats:
Hillary Clinton
t1home.1504.clinton.ap.jpg

Barack Obama
barackwater.jpg

Republicans:
Mike Huckabee
0_61_huckabee_mike.jpg

John McCain
john_mccain_ft.jpg

Ron Paul
ron_paul_best.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The States:

Ohio
ohiopop.png

Delegates at stake:
Democrat: 141
Republican: 88

Recent Polling:
Democrats (Zogby 2/28-3/1):
Clinton 47%
Obama 46%
(Margin of Error: 3.7%)

SurveyUSA 2/26/08:
Democrats:
50% Clinton
44% Obama

Republicans (Zogby 2/28-3/1):
McCain 61%
Huckabee 27%
Paul 3%

Texas
texaspop.png

Delegates at stake:
Democrat: 193
Republican: 140

Recent Polling:
Democrats (Zogby 2/28-3/1):
Obama 47%
Clinton 43%

Democrats: SurveyUSA 2/25/08
49% Obama
45% Clinton

Republicans (Zogby 2/28-3/1):
McCain 54%
Huckabee 36%
Paul 4%

Rhode Island
rhodepop.png

Delegates at stake:
Democrat: 21
Republican: 20

Recent Polling:
Democrats (Fleming 2/24-2/27):
Clinton 49%
Obama 40%
(Margin of Error: 5%)

Democrats: Rasmussen 2/23/08
53% Clinton
38% Obama

Republicans:
N/A

Vermont:
vermontpop.png

Delegates at stake:
Democrat: 15
Republican: 17

Recent Polling:
Democrats (Rasmussen 2/24):
Obama 57%
Clinton 33%
(Margin of Error: 3%)

Republicans (Rasmussen 2/24)
McCain 68
Huckabee 1%
Paul 5
(Margin of Error: 3%)

Note: If there's any polling data you want added, errors you found, or anything else you want to be added, let me know.

Amir0x

Banned
Fuck I was just going to tell you NOT to post the thread anymore, rur0ni is done with his :lol

When he makes his, I'll merge this thread to his.

TDG

Banned
Amir0x said:
Fuck I was just going to tell you NOT to post the thread anymore, rur0ni is done with his :lol

When he makes his, I'll merge this thread to his.
That's fine, or you can just delete this. I don't care. I just didn't know if he was going to post anything, and since you locked the other thread I figured there should be a place to discuss this.

Triumph

Banned
I give this thread the Triumph Seal of Approval, for what it's worth.

Also, revised predictions:

Texas
Obama- 57%
Clinton- 42%

Ohio
Obama- 52%
Clinton- 48%

Vermont
Obama- 64%
Clinton- 35%

Rhode Island
Clinton- 52%
Obama- 47%

RHODE ISLAND MATTERS!

Most of my friends here in Houston texas that I talk to think Obama is just all talk. they think hes just a good speaker who wont do anything he says once he reaches the whitehouse. They also don't think highly of hillary, or McCain. Hmm.

Triumph

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Most of my friends here in Houston texas that I talk to think Obama is just all talk. they think hes just a good speaker who wont do anything he says once he reaches the whitehouse. They also don't think highly of hillary, or McCain. Hmm.
You're a lolbertarian tho, rite? Srsly, you guys are like maybe 3% of America. All of you should move into Wyoming and turn it into a shithole and leave us alone.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im calling in sick tommorow to canvas I had alot of fun doing it today, allready off Tues to GOTV.

If he wins, I get credit, if he loses I blame Incognito.

sangreal

Triumph said:

Texas
Obama- 57%
Clinton- 42%

Ohio
Obama- 52%
Clinton- 48%

Vermont
Obama- 64%
Clinton- 35%

Rhode Island
Clinton- 52%
Obama- 47%

RHODE ISLAND MATTERS!

I really doubt Obama wins Ohio. They have been voting since Feb. 8

Won't be able to caucus Tuesday night :( I called the Obama line and they said you have to caucus in the city I'm registered in (I voted absentee)

StoOgE

Door2Dawn said:
Obama will lose Ohio and Texas,im calling it right now!

remember, incognitos fault

also, Im up for a two week ban bet on the Texas delegate count.

Rur0ni

Amir0x said:
Well I wasn't going to include republicans nor Gravel this time around, since there isn't any convo about it. If you still want my thread I'll post it. Or I can give this guy my material.

Amir0x

Banned
well if you're fine with letting him have the thread it's cool. If you have an additional relevant data to add to the OP, feel free to give him the stuff

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Rur0ni said:
Well I wasn't going to include republicans nor Gravel this time around, since there isn't any convo about it. If you still want my thread I'll post it. Or I can give this guy my material.

Republicans should definetly be included since they are still voting (crazy Huckabee!)

Gravel though isn't even on the ballot for any of these states :(

StoOgE

Cheebs said:
Ohio started voting before Obama's sweep started? Shit.

yeah, I think he wins on Tues, but think early voting will cost him. The fact that he is actually ahead in early voting in Texas makes me think a blowout is forthcoming.

not to mention the ground game here in Texas is laughably lopsided. Obama has THREE hq's here in Austin including two floors of a downtown office building. Hillary is using a car rental place. we have precinct captains in every precinct, mine has 14. today, there were over 100 people canvasing out of the hq i went to. the delegates are concentrated in obama districts, and a caucus for 1/3rd of the delegates... i say he gets +20 delegates.

Oreoleo

Door2Dawn said:
Obama will lose Ohio and Texas,im calling it right now!

There has been a ton of support and volunteers for Obama here in Ohio in the past two weeks. Much more than for Hillary that's for sure. It's gonna be close, but dammit I so hope you are wrong.

Cheebs said:

I wouldn't think that there would be that many people who vote early. Like, it's a convenience that no one takes advantage of, right?

AmishNazi

Banned
Cheebs said:

Yeah and anyone can vote for any party too. You basically declare your party affiliation by voting in a Primary.

Orellio said:
There has been a ton of support and volunteers for Obama here in Ohio in the past two weeks. Much more than for Hillary that's for sure. It's gonna be close, but dammit I so hope you are wrong.

All I see in my town are Obama signs. No Hillary or McCain signs anywhere.

Amir0x

Banned
the disgruntled gamer said:

If the STATE of OHIO was a sentient being and had the ability to post on neoGAF, he is saying it would be banned for trolling the forums. Basically OHIO is trolling the United States of America by supporting Hillary.

I think this is what he is trying to say!

Rindain

Banned
I'm going to stick my neck out just a bit and say Obama will win all four states.

Texas and Vermont by at least 14%, and Ohio and Rhode Island by at least 7%

TDG

Banned
Amir0x said:
If the STATE of OHIO was a sentient being and had the ability to post on neoGAF, he is saying it would be banned for trolling the forums. Basically OHIO is trolling the United States of America by supporting Hillary.

I think this is what he is trying to say!
I see.

We're really not bad people... just a bit stupid in a lot of ways.

Hootie

Amir0x said:
i just want this shit to be OVER, so we can focus on whipping McCain

I think he'll be twice as easy to beat than Hillary, mainly because of his very unpopular stance on the Iraq War.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Anything less than a huge sweep by Hillary is a victory for Obama. I still stand by my statement that Wisconsin was the mortal wound

picsou

Banned
Triumph said:

Texas
Obama- 57%
Clinton- 42%

Ohio
Obama- 52%
Clinton- 48%

Vermont
Obama- 64%
Clinton- 35%

Rhode Island
Clinton- 52%