• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News Poll: Shakeup in GOP field after first debate, Sanders surges on Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

GOP National Poll:
Trump 25% (-1)
Carson 12% (+5)
Cruz 10% (+4)
Bush 9% (-6)
Huckabee 6% (+/-0)
Walker 6% (-3)
Fiorina 5% (+3)
Kasich 4% (+1)
Rubio 4% (-1)

Democrats National Poll:
Clinton 49% (-2)
Sanders 30% (+8)
Biden 10%

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,008 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from August 11-13, 2015. The poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for all registered voters, and five points for both Democratic and Republican primary voters.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-after-first-debate-sanders-gains-on-clinton/

Movement

Bernie is on his way up.
Edit* I wonder if these GOP respondents heard about Carson dealing with the dreaded aborted fetuses.

...I still don't get why Carson is a thing. He seems like a crackpot. All he did in the debate was spout nonsense about brains, he seemed to struggle with even hitting the most basic GOP talking points.

Let's see what two Kochs behind Walker will do

smug-david-brent-o.gif

VRMN

...I still don't get why Carson is a thing. He seems like a crackpot. All he did in the debate was spout nonsense about brains, he seemed to struggle with even hitting the most basic GOP talking points.

I think it was those last two answers he had at the debate that raised his profile. Also, if Trump can get by on unsubstantiated nonsense, why not Carson?

Jonm1010

Banned

The entire GOP is mostly a bunch of crackpots at this point, Carson gaining traction doesnt shock me in the least.

I'd be glad to see Bernie make a real move on Clinton. I like the guy and I want her to earn it if she's gonna win. Really looking forward to the debates.

danm999

Carson primed to be the new frontrunner? Some of the base getting sick of Trump and want to try Carson on for a little while?

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm so shocked at Carson being so high tbh, especially after the debate, where I thought he was terrible and boring.

I don't think Fox has the best Likely Voter screen, as we saw in the last few elections, but yeah, Carson's been on the rise in a few other polls too. It's weird.

params7

Banned
Yep, expected to see Bernie gain on Clinton. Unless Trump self destructs, we will probably see closer competition for the democrat nomination.

Because he didn't really say shit and was pretty much ignored so he didn't look as crazy as everyone else.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yep, expected to see Bernie gain on Clinton. Unless Trump self destructs, we will probably see closer competition for the democrat nomination.

He's sort of tapped out of his appeal to his core constituents. It'll be interesting to see if he can broaden it, but Hillary's dominance with minority voters, more moderate/conservative Democrats and women is very difficult to overcome.

NeoXChaos

Bernie is hitting a wall. 30% is probably the max. Once Biden confirms he is out Hillary will get the balk of his support. The debates are going to be out of the world and by that I mean very boring.

Nate Cohn @Nate_Cohn

Bernie Sanders led by 3 and 6 pts among men and white voters in Fox poll. he trailed by 35 and 51 pts among women and nonwhite voters.

Sanders was down just 1 pt among voters making over $50k in the Fox poll. He trailed by 40 pts among voters making less.

Sanders was up 1 among voters under 45. He was down 35 among voters over 45.
Damn. Huge age/income/gender/race gaps. Bernie is dominating with young affluent white dudes.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I wish Sanders was Canadian, we could use him in our elections. I hope he keeps working his way up, the US really needs him.

Ha, I was about to post this.

It'll be interesting to see if it's possible for Bernie to broaden his support.

I wonder what Sanders' peak will be considering it is basically a two person race on the Democratic side (O'Malley and the other guy who I can't even recall are basically 0's).

pwack

Tithing seems fair tho.

Seems fair. Is actually awful for the lower class.

A billionaire needs his last $100m a whole lot less than a person making $20k needs $2k. And that $20k person probably doesn't actually pay any tax right now, so they would be in a world of hurt under this plan.

Movement

Haha. I'm expecting a lot more out of Carson. For a neurosurgeon, he comes out with the most dumbest quotes in the GoP.

As far as I've heard, he's been involved in a few malpractice suits. He's not the best representative for neurosurgeons.

Man, I wish Sanders was Canadian, we could use him in our elections. I hope he keeps working his way up, the US really needs him.

We do need more people like him to push the Democrats forward. I think we will see more younger Democratic politicians that share similar views to Sanders in the next ten years, and hopefully less Blue Dogs who are pretty much Republican-lite. It still pisses me off that Obama had to deal with obstruction in his own party for his first two years, from the likes of Lieberman and others.

NeoXChaos

Ha, I was about to post this.

It'll be interesting to see if it's possible for Bernie to broaden his support.

Idk if it will be possible with him sticking to the same message from now until the primary. Hillary is strategically sticking to a message that will play well beyond NH and IA into places like SC, NV, the Super Tuesday states of Al, AR, CO, GA, MA, MN, NC, OK, TN, TX, VT & VA etc etc and etc

Super Tuesday is doomsday for him if he does not broaden his appeal. MN, MA, & VT would be his only states he would probably do well in.

ivysaur12

Banned
I wonder what Sanders' peak will be considering it is basically a two person race on the Democratic side (O'Malley and the other guy who I can't even recall are basically 0's).

Well, if these demographic trends hold, probably around ~30 ish percent, maybe a bit higher. But he really needs to start making inroads with minority and poor voters if he truly wants to be competitive.

That'll be very difficult for his campaign. At least as of now.

ivysaur12

Banned
How do you figure that this is his max?

He's made very few inroads with key parts of the Democratic coalition. I believe it was Nate Cohn or Nate Silver mathed and found that affluent white educated liberal white voters are only about 30% of the Democratic primary constituency.

I'm really not sure if Trump can be over took. Seems like there are 4 different types in GOP right now. Social conservatives, tea party, establishment and ant establishment. Right now I put Carson in anti-establishment, but he I see his followers being able to switch to teaparty or trump easily. As far as the other 3, trump supporters I think are here to stay. It all depends on if the social conservatives and tea party can get behind someone enough to rise about trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom