• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 4th - Jr. Tuesday - GAF's worst (McCain wins, Hil wins Ohio, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
typhonsentra said:
I'm counting on Jon to not let her off the hook for that 60 Minutes interview/Phone ad just because she's his guest. This is pretty disgusting.

If you're referring to Jon Stewart, then I don't know what to expect. He usually does go a bit easy on candidates but he has said on the Daily Show before that he would rather Obama become the candidate,

Blader

typhonsentra said:
I'm counting on Jon to not let her off the hook for that 60 Minutes interview/Phone ad just because she's his guest. This is pretty disgusting.

Jon Stewart interviewing a high-profile Democrat? Yeah, you can count on him to roll over.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Blader5489 said:
Jon Stewart interviewing a high-profile Democrat? Yeah, you can count on him to roll over.

on the other hand, he has a huge fucking ego. he basically ended crossfire all by himself. Putting hillary in the hotseat could stroke his ego... but it could ensure high profile guests dry up.

grandjedi6 said:
Stewart isn't going to kill Hillary. Especially considering it is only a satellite interview.
I dunno, I think that might make it easier for him to ask difficult questions. He'll be more detached from her feelings.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
typhonsentra said:
I dunno, I think that might make it easier for him to ask difficult questions. He'll be more detached from her feelings.
Yeah, I remember Stewart grilling McCain during a satellite interview about going to Liberty University to speak.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Dan said:
Yeah, I remember Stewart grilling McCain during a satellite interview about going to Liberty University to speak.

Can't really compare the two...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
GhaleonEB said:
Jon likes (liked?) McCain a great deal, and has had him on many times. But he grilled him hard on that issue, and others.

Really? Well, fair enough.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Stewart only goes after somebody when he is mad at them. Whether it be Crossfire being, well..Crossfire, or McCain undercutting his own values. I can't see Stewart going after Hillary for anything unless they get on the topic of superdelegates and such, which Stewart has mostly ignored his primary season. He might poke fun at her for the media biased claims though

It's possible that he will grill her but I don't see why he would.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Jon Stewart's dream campaign right now is McCain v Obama. He likes them both.

Just once I'd like someone on this "Obama is a Muslim" talk to come out and say there's nothing at all wrong with being a Muslim, but Obama is not one.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
grandjedi6 said:
Stewart only goes after somebody when he is mad at them. Whether it be Crossfire being, well..Crossfire, or McCain undercutting his own values. I can't see Stewart going after Hillary for anything unless they get on the topic of superdelegates and such, which Stewart has mostly ignored his primary season. He might poke fun at her for the media biased claims though

Stewart went on a mini tirade over superdelegates when he was on Larry King last week.

I don't imagine he'd grill her on issues or anything, but perhaps the way her campaign's been run recently.

grandjedi6 said:

To be fair, he has been off the air an awful lot since the election started to heat up. Writers strike and then the oscar stuff and all.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
GaimeGuy said:
OP fails for not including Gravel

Well to be fair, Ron Paul has a better chance then Gravel :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
sophisticatedcaveman Says:
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:21 pm
So I’m walking along an Austin sidewalk and this big guy knocks me to the side as he’s walking past me on the sidewalk and says “Thanks for picking up the trash” (because I’m holding a Hillary sign). He was with a bunch of friends and they all sneered. I said, on the spur of the moment .. “Hillary is a great American!”, heh. But I was a bit down about it and sat on the sidewalk, kind of disconsolate.

You know the election wears ..

But then! At the stop light a big truck pulled up and this cute couple leaned out the window and said “Are you looking for places to put those signs honey? BECAUSE I’D JUST LOVE ONE!” I laughed and ran over to the truck and she gave me a great smile.
omg :lol :lol

mosaic

go eat paint
Anyone buy baseball cards? Topps has a Presidential Candidates subset in their 2008 baseball set this year.

I bought a few packs and pulled a Hillary (as well as a David Ortiz bat relic card). Wish I'd pulled the Obama -- he's in front of a huge American flag.

mosaic said:
Anyone buy baseball cards? Topps has a Presidential Candidates subset in their 2008 baseball set this year.

I bought a few packs and pulled a Hillary (as well as a David Ortiz bat relic card). Wish I'd pulled the Obama -- he's in front of a huge American flag.

Holy shit, I'm on this like Hillary on hot peppers.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
icarus-daedelus said:
What'd she say in the 60 minutes story? I can't access Youtube right now.

She said that she took Obama's word that he wasn't a muslim.

Seth C

I just got back from Texas about an hour ago. Today I wore my "Ron Paul for President" t-shirt in Conroe. I went to a local pizza place and it got me a few kind gestures. One guy (an employee) stopped me to say, "I like your shirt. I appreciate it" and shook my hand. I also had an unattractive girl who appeared to be in her upper teens send over a kid to inform me that she "wants ta holla at you." I'm not entirely sure that I can attribute that to the shirt.

Juice

ZealousD said:

He should smear her by publicizing that high profile evangelical bible study she's supposedly a part of with all those conservative Beltway wives.

What, that doesn't have the same effect in America? :-(

ZealousD said:
It's pretty sad it's even an issue. I can imagine what the Republican Party commercials or Hilary's would look like for it. Because a Muslim president would turn this country into a caliph state or whatever just like JFK turned it into a Vatican state. :lol

DEO3 said:
Obama bought a bunch of 2-minute ad slots on most of the major media markets in Ohio and Texas, and a lot of people have been wondering what he intends to run. Check out his 2-minute ad from Iowa, it'd be perfect except for the end where he asks people to caucus for him (though I suppose this would still be applicable in Texas): http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid353515028?bctid=1364183005

2 minute ad must have been expensive. That was damn good

Ohio and Texas damn I cannot wait for Tuesday night wow

suaveric

Smiles and Cries said:
I think its sad that Obama loses a few votes in Ohio because people believe this muslim shit

I'm actually really shocked that the guy in the CBS story was still going to vote Obama even tough he thought he was a Muslim that didn't know the pledge of allegiance.

FDLink

Smiles and Cries said:
I think its sad that Obama loses a few votes in Ohio because people believe this muslim shit

It's even sadder that for some people, such a thing was considered as an issue in the first place.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
thefro said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFREDHB-nQ

Latest trick from Clinton, on 60 minutes tonight.

What a fucking stupid shit question. I mean, fuck. People have been on a baseless witch hunt since he was a nominee to find out if he is secretly a Muslim, its so fucking pathetic, fanning flames of bigotry. Shameless. I'm guessing they'll find the smoking gun right before the GE or something. Theyll doctor a photo of him praying or reading the Quran. Its just so assinine. There's basic things a Muslim does. Like pray 5 times a day. With all the desperate attempts to dig dirt on him, this wouldnt have been discovered and publicized by anyone?

CHRISTIAN BY DAY, MUSLIM BY NIGHT, AM I RIGHT?

Clevinger

grandjedi6 said:

Uh, he's been criticizing her practically every night that I've watched lately for how shitty (i.e. hypocrisy, arrogance, underhandedness, racism, idiocy etc.) she's running her campaign . It pretty obviously pisses him off, so I'd say there's a decent possibility he'd call her on at least some of it.

DrForester said:
I don't think you can call Ohio just because of the early voting. Obama is hitting the young voters hard.

I look forward to this being over and welcoming Obama as the Democratic candidate.

blazingsaddles1.jpg

"Where da white women at? Oh yeah, back home in the NY Senate, lolz"

grandjedi6

Clevinger said:
Uh, he's been criticizing her practically every night that I've watched lately for how shitty (i.e. hypocrisy, arrogance, underhandedness, racism, idiocy etc.) she's running her campaign . It pretty obviously pisses him off, so I'd say there's a decent possibility he'd call her on at least some of it.

That's not pissed of Stewart, that is just regular satire. Plus I don't remember him nailing her for half of those things (racism?)

Triumph

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
That's not pissed of Stewart, that is just regular satire. Plus I don't remember him nailing her for half of those things (racism?)
This is true, although I will say the "Hillary Clinton: Because a Deaf God Ignores Your Pleas" campaign sign was pretty awesome.

Clevinger

grandjedi6 said:

Jesse Jackson? Yes, he did. And I'm guessing that either you haven't been watching it much or you aren't paying much attention when you do...

grandjedi6

Clevinger said:
Jesse Jackson? Yes, he did. And I'm guessing that either you haven't been watching it much or you aren't paying much attention when you do...

This? That is not mad Stewart. I haven't missed an episode of the Daily Show in months nor have I not been paying attention. I love Stewart but he doesn't grill interviewees. THe fox guy a few weeks ago? He spent most of the time talking about Rove. Lynne Cheney? He was completely timid in the interview. Unless Stewart is truely mad about something, he won't tear them up in an interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom