• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 4th - Jr. Tuesday - GAF's worst (McCain wins, Hil wins Ohio, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Here is something to remember:

In California in 2004 hispanic turnout was 16% of the primary electorate. In 2008 it was 30%.

Texas polling is using 2004 % to project what the primary will look like.

Sharp

Cheebs said:

In California in 2004 hispanic turnout was 16% of the primary electorate. In 2008 it was 30%.

But in Texas, delegates are allocated differently. I know you're always looking for ways for Clinton to win, but I don't think that particular one is realistic--unless you're expecting 50% Hispanic turnout, which would be grossly disproportionate to their actual presence in Texas.

Cheebs

Sharp said:
But in Texas, delegates are allocated differently. I know you're always looking for ways for Clinton to win, but I don't think that particular one is realistic--unless you're expecting 50% Hispanic turnout, which would be grossly disproportionate to their actual presence in Texas.
I am talking about popular vote win, not delegate. Headline will be the popular vote win.

Triumph said:
You're a lolbertarian tho, rite? Srsly, you guys are like maybe 3% of America. All of you should move into Wyoming and turn it into a shithole and leave us alone.

I'm a lolbertarian, but my friends aren't. They hate Ron Paul. I can't convince them otherwise. But they also think Obama is full of it and Hillary is...they just don't like hillary. They don't like McCain either. Most of my friends decide who they vote for while voting. Idiots.

AmishNazi

Banned
^^He's not a Muslim AFAIK.... ^^ Open ended statement that opens it up to the fact he may be a Muslim.

Stop BS'ing Hillary. You get CIA briefings if he was Muslim you'd know.

maynerd

Banned
cashman said:
shit I'm missing something here, someone help me out.

It's what she said about the false rumor that Obama is a muslim. He's not and she knows it. Yet she uses words like, as far as I know he's not and I'll believe him at his word.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
cashman said:
shit I'm missing something here, someone help me out.
"I'll take his word on it that he's not a Muslim" as a response instead of "Whether he's a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew, an Atheist, or a follower of any other religious faith is irrelevant to his qualifications as a president. Senator Obama has expressed his faith as that of Christianity, but Americans should not be afraid of Muslims or elect their leaders based on their religious beliefs. Separation of Church and State is a core principle that should be observed by not only the government, but by voters, as well."

i think that's what people are upset about?

Andthe fact that she knows he isn't a muslim.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Incredible that anyone can conceivably entertain the idea that he's Muslim, as if there was a snowball's chance in hell he'd get this far if it was true.

Anyway, when he gets the nomination it will become much, much worse. God knows what the GOP machine is preparing for him from the bowels of hell. I guess we just have to trust in the American people not to give in to the bullshit that will soon become much more vicious.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
icarus-daedelus said:
:lol :lol :lol

:(

Yeah, I realized the stupidity of that statement as soon as I hit Submit. But there you go. The fact is that he will be mercilessly and baselessly ripped to shreds by many influential pundits. Thats a reality, and something that cant be controlled. His success will unfortunately depend on the gullibility of Americans.

Hootie

Slurpy said:
I guess we just have to trust in the American people not to give in to the bullshit that will soon become much more vicious.

Uhh...

america-ava.gif

FDLink

cashman said:
yeah I'm starting to see it now. That was very very subtle.

To me, that was as subtle as a clown in camouflage. Hilary tries often to be subtle to the public, but her execution is usually poor by my standards.

Sharp

FDLink said:
To me, that was as subtle as a clown in camouflage. Hilary tries often to be subtle to the public, but her execution is usually poor by my standards.
Your standards >>> the public's standards.

VALIS

I have a baaaad feeling she squeaks out a 2-5% win in Ohio which propels her slimy campaign to keep on whining to the media and harassing delegates and throwing the party under the bus for another month or so even though she'll nearly be mathematically eliminated.

But then I'm a bit pessimistic every time before a primary and most of them come out much better than I thought they would.

All I do know for sure is this thread is going to be epic. :D

I know Jon very weell. He won't go hard on Hillary. He rarely does it, and I saw him on some interview after that famous [and awesome] McCain episode, and he said he hates doing that kind of thing. He wants to keep important guests coming to him, not losing them. Why the hell do you think that "Hot Seat question' at the end of interviewers was discontinued?

While i agree with such a stance, i do wish he'd make special exceptions to certain people - for ex, that Lynn cheney interview was one of the most disappointing TDS interviews in recent memeroy.

nerbo

maynerd said:
It's what she said about the false rumor that Obama is a muslim. He's not and she knows it. Yet she uses words like, as far as I know he's not and I'll believe him at his word.
And she did something wrong here... how? Stretching that into her somehow slighting or attacking him, or perpetrating the rumor crap that he is Muslim is uh, quite the damn stretch based off that YouTube clip.

Cheebs

From MyDD
A little bird in the Clinton campaign tells me that it feels like a whole new campaign without Patti Solis Doyle at the helm; that you used to hear 'no' in every direction and now it's all 'get it done'. The term breath of fresh air, or some equivalent, came up. A family friend who'd been in charge of youth outreach has also been shifted out, and I'm told that they've gotten more done on that front in the past three weeks than for several months now. Also, that Mark Penn is widely referred to by staff as Mark Shrum, which I pass on because I think it's funny.

kinda interesting

suaveric

She said "as far as I know" which leaves some room for it to be true. It wasn't a direct attack, it was a little sneaky. She could have said something like "of course he's not a Muslim, those rumors are untrue".

syllogism

Cheebs said:

SurveyUSA doesn't weight their likely voter sub-group samples at all

After hearing him on MSNBC, I'm convinced that Wolfson =
iraqmoi.bmp

What's also so bad is that he plays up every rumor (even after being debunked) as fact.

Cheebs

Triumph said:
Too little too late. Her goose is cooked.
NY Times earlier this week wrote that the clinton campaign was depressed. They jumped on the optimisim clinton bandwagon today.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/03/u...per&adxnnlx=1204553273-Gc8wEgFXIRRN+XPkDLZQIQ

At the same time, Mrs. Clinton believes there are new whiffs of momentum around her, advisers say. After being sidelined recently by attention on Mr. Obama and the leading Republican candidate, Senator John McCain, she drew coverage with her latest television commercial about Mr. Obama’s ability to handle a crisis, and has pivoted from that to portray herself as the more qualified Democrat on every count.

Cheebs

The thing is, that paragraph is true. The last week the media ignored hillary other than to say her campaign was depressed. Friday-Sunday it was a far different story. They treated Hillary and Obama on a equal playing field and seemed to give Hillary more attention overall.

While I think Obama will squeak out Texas, the weekends news cycles all were "won" by Hillary.

Loudninja

Cheebs said:
The thing is, that paragraph is true. The last week the media ignored hillary other than to say her campaign was depressed. Friday-Sunday it was a far different story. They treated Hillary and Obama on a equal playing field and seemed to give Hillary more attention overall.

While I think Obama will squeak out Texas, the weekends news cycles all were "won" by Hillary.

What have you been watching?

syllogism

Mark Penn:

As the campaign faces a make-or-break moment, some high-level officials are trying to play down their role in the campaign. Penn said in an e-mail over the weekend that he had "no direct authority in the campaign," describing himself as merely "an outside message advisor with no campaign staff reporting to me."

"I have had no say or involvement in four key areas -- the financial budget and resource allocation, political or organizational sides. Those were the responsibility of Patti Solis Doyle, Harold Ickes and Mike Henry, and they met separately on all matters relating to those areas."
No one wants to take responsibility, but they think they are well positioned to win, am I right

http://www.latimes.com/news/printed...8273.story?page=1&coll=la-headlines-frontpage

Another news cycle won

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Takes this with a grain of salt latest Zogby poll shows Obama leading Ohio 47-45. Thats the first poll where Obama leads in Ohio.

Cheebs

Loudninja said:
What have you been watching?
the fact this weekend she is getting tons of coverage about how tough she is fighting and taking on obama when a week ago the media was basically ignoring her and playing up obama vs. mccain?

Sharp

Cheebs said:
the fact this weekend she is getting tons of coverage about how tough she is fighting and taking on obama when a week ago the media was basically ignoring her and playing up obama vs. mccain?
It's the websites you're reading, Cheebs. Among other things, MyDD is one of the most pro-Hillary sites out there.

Cheebs

Sharp said:
It's the websites you're reading, Cheebs. Among other things, MyDD is one of the most pro-Hillary sites out there.
I am talking about tv mostly. She had almost no coverage most of the week. the focus was mccain vs. obama. That changed on friday.

Loudninja said:
Latino voters
Obama 30%
Hillary 60%

These are from MSNBC
Thats from that poll they released saturday

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Cheebs said:
wow..still ever the pessisist i see (youd think by being wrong the entire campaign so far youd go with the popular consensus on the day he drives the final stake in her heart)

im calling both states for Obama

Cheebs

Schattenjagger said:
wow..still ever the pessisist i see (youd think by being wrong the entire campaign so far youd go with the popular consensus on the day he drives the final stake in her heart)

im calling both states for Obama
I've been wrong the entire campaign? I called NH and Nevada right when nearly no one did. And on Super Tuesday I claimed Clinton would win Cali when most of gaf was high on that Zogby poll that had him in the lead. My pessimism so far has proved to work far more than it has been wrong.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Cheebs said:
I've been wrong the entire campaign? I called NH and Nevada right when nearly no one did. And on Super Tuesday I claimed Clinton would win Cali when most of gaf was high on that Zogby poll that had him in the lead. My pessimism so far has proved to work far more than it has been wrong.
i dont know youre exact history but youve been more wrong than right.. obama has the most positive coverage/momentum and that hasnt changed for a long time and it will go into tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom