• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Silent Hill 5 pics - They're better!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
EDIT EDIT: New GOOD videos! WOOT! Nurses move awesome too. Looks much more polished than expected too, and obviously the game is not finished. Can OP add "new vids" to the Topic? Thanks!

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5159.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34059.html

Images

http://www.jeux-france.com/news27139_images-silent-hill-5.html

5987620080515_174506_6_big.jpg

5987620080515_174503_3_big.jpg

5987620080515_174504_4_big.jpg

silent-hill-homecoming-20080515092545956.jpg

silent-hill-homecoming-20080515093041653.jpg

Ganondorfo

So this means that silent hill 3 will be the last amazing silent hill game?

darth vader nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

star trek 2 kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn

supercake

Ok, so now they changed his hair color from light blond/grayish to brown?

This is starting to creep me out. I can appreciate a developer listening to fans, but something about this just strikes me as odd.

Manager

Even the last batch looks good(ish) in that resolution
xe4qbr.jpg

voqz9k.jpg

It's the jaggies and lack of close-up details that makes it look really crappy when in 720p.

Man, this is going to turn into a bitch, bitch, moan, moan thread (I can already see it). :(

Anyways, nothing is going to stop me from playing a new Silent Hill game... NOTHING!

Cardon

The pic with the nurse and the kid looks nice. These new shots do look a bit improved over the last batch of screenshots that were released but still leave a lot to be desired.

Sharp

How much of the apparent improvement is the lower resolution? Unless the game's being rendered internally at 640 x 360, which would explain a lot actually.

They need to scrap this game and start over. I don't want a sub par SH game. Graphically they should shoot for RE5. It's the difference between survival horror and survival horrible.

DrBo42

I don't understand what you guys are crying about, it looks okay. I'm not a huge fan of the series though, have the past games been known for amazing visuals?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Definitely better than that awful batch from several weeks ago, but not what I'd call good. Realistically, I'm going to pay this game at some point--it's just a matter of whether I buy it new on day one or used in the bargain bin six months later.

Teknoman

Im not doubting Konami. Even SH IV...as bad as it was in the SH series, looked pretty good graphically. Course it didnt blow my socks off like the SH2 cutscenes, but still.

DrBo42 said:
I don't understand what you guys are crying about, it looks okay. I'm not a huge fan of the series though, have the past games been known for amazing visuals?
Yes.

Where's that SH3 pic when you need it?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Manager said:
Even the last batch looks good(ish) in that resolution

It's the jaggies and lack of close-up details that makes it look really crappy when in 720p.

I agree but the jacket texture is definitly of higher resolution now. Altho it could be just for the screenshots, who knows.

Sharp

DrBo42 said:
People were really crying about the last batch of screens, and honestly I'm not sure that these ones are much better except that they're being rendered at such a low resolution. The last thread showed poor visuals and textures that were demonstrably worse than SH3's.

I don't get the hate for this game. Nobody has even played it yet but everyone is assuming it will be turd based on a few screens (and even the name Konami may actually give it).

supercake

Ether_Snake said:
But still not as good as the originals:

shv_sept_13.jpg

I really like this one. I've always loved it in SH when certain areas were bright (SH3 Resturant, SH2 Hotel), it made it more disturbing for me. It made me feel awkwardly safe.

Mau ®

It seems like they changed the model yet again. Looks much better.

BTW the last batch of screens were from a beta a SHV developer stated.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Oh thank god.

inthezone said:
BTW the last batch of screens were from a beta a SHV developer stated.

That's what I had been secretly hoping, but cautiously not believing, the whole time.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
5987620080515_174503_3_big.jpg

Is this monster spitting pieces of plastic at you?

However, these screens look way better than the latest ones we got, they've changed the main character model again (you can tell it from the third picture in the OP, it's the same flooded basement scene).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
The quote killed me :lol

I'll smile when this games comes out, is really fucking good which I project it will be, as I was one of the few who didn't write it all off over some preliminary screenshots. Suck it down haters, this one will be good. The graphics may not be up to standard, but I guarantee it'll be an awesome fucking work of horror. And by horror I don't mean horrible game. :lol

DrBo42 said:
When is being able to see, a bad thing?
Well, we're talking about a survival horror game. What's scary about noises and fuck crazy music if you're able to see basically all that's going on around you..?

You shouldn't be able to see anything without a flashlight imo, that's one of the things which makes Silent Hill as great as a series it is (or was maybe :().

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Danne-Danger said:
Meh. Right now I'd buy that "new" Siren game before SH5.
What's wrong with PS3 Siren? I tried out the demo and pretty much loved it. It's obviously not as good as Silent Hill 2/3 but it's certainly better than any other horror games this gen like Conshit 2 and (probably) SH5.

Top Bottom