• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Megaman 9 is a WiiWare Exlcusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdammen

JavaMava said:
Were any images ever released?
Nintendo Power and Weekly Famitsu. Just do a Google search.

I love that they went with the 8-bit aesthetic but the environments seem to have more of everything in them and with more colors than the NES could ever achieve. I likey.

Frencherman said:
You got two Megaman's besides of each other in this famitsu-scan. Could it be a potential Coop-Mode?
I was wondering what was up with that too...i thought it may have been them showing off some sort of lighting effect, but i wasnt sure.

abstract alien said:
I was wondering what was up with that too...i thought it may have been them showing off some sort of lighting effect, but i wasnt sure.
That's just the Mega Man clone enemy from one of the stages.

Rlan

PhoenixWright_DS_02.jpg

megaman9xbox.png

gant-damage.gif

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2008/07/hold_it_right_there_capcom.php

;)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Still would rather play this game on Wii than the other 2 systems... not only b/c it just "feels" right, but b/c I like the Classic Controller far more than either the Dual Shock or 360 controller for 2-D games.

Jammy

Banned
djtiesto said:
Still would rather play this game on Wii than the other 2 systems... not only b/c it just "feels" right, but b/c I like the Classic Controller far more than either the Dual Shock or 360 controller for 2-D games.

Exactly. This is Mega Man, not Gears of War. I want to play this like a classic game - with the Wii Remote held sideways like an NES controller - and forget all this Mega Man in HD stuff.

Ranger X

Phife Dawg said:
Hm roleplaying game, huh?

Published by CEG fits though. Interesting, maybe some database error?

You guys don't know that "exclusive" is the new definition of "time exclusive" ?

bryehn

Jammy said:
Exactly. This is Mega Man, not Gears of War. I want to play this like a classic game - with the Wii Remote held sideways like an NES controller - and forget all this Mega Man in HD stuff.

Not me. Playing Anniversary Collection upscaled on the PS3 has spoiled me :/

Still holding out hope that we'll see it on the other systems, but I'm buying this day one on Wii anyways. The game sets a good precedent.

Ranger X said:
You guys don't know that "exclusive" is the new definition of "time exclusive" ?
Maybe you don't understand, but Mega Man 9 Wii has not been rated yet. If it was indeed a timed exclusive you would think it would be rated for Wii first, no?

On top of that in order to get rated the game must be complete, with a tentative release date of September in Japan I don't think that's true yet.

This, plus genre: RPG hint at a database error.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Phife Dawg said:
Maybe you don't understand, but Mega Man 9 Wii has not been rated yet. If it was indeed a timed exclusive you would think it would be rated for Wii first, no?

On top of that in order to get rated the game must be complete, with a tentative release date of September in Japan I don't think that's true yet.

This, plus genre: RPG hint at a database error.

Plus its from Europe and I never trust anything game related from that continent!

Scrubking

I don't understand why Capcom has been silent on the game. It already got a blow out in NP so why the secrecy over its destination? Even Sven isn't saying anything over at the bbs.

jarrod

Banned
Scrubking said:
I don't understand why Capcom has been silent on the game. It already got a blow out in NP so why the secrecy over its destination? Even Sven isn't saying anything over at the bbs.
Maybe they're waiting to unveil it, Scramble Battle and Star Force 3 all at once at E3?

schuelma said:
Plus its from Europe and I never trust anything game related from that continent!
Hey, watch your filthy Yankee mouth ;-). EU, EU, EU!

USK is pretty reliable usually, but this one is strange indeed.

Terrell

Luckyman said:
:lol

Wow at anybody actually buying this.
Yeah, because not taking the company's words at face value really worked out for all the people who hoped for MGS4 on 360 after contradictory circumstantial evidence kept piling up. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, how many times do we have to learn this lesson the hard way, people?

That article on arstechnica just seemed to be grasping that straw so hard, even before it was corrected by capcom. I thought that site was more professional.

I don't think there actually was any official E3 roster listing the game for PSN and XBLA; based on Marc Nix's comments, I'm pretty sure that the one Ars Technica originally referred to was actually from an unofficial site that listed MM9 for PSN and XBLA based merely on rumors.

RagnarokX

Scrubking said:
I don't think telling one site "It's Wii Ware exclusive." is being very secretive. :p

Luckyman

Banned
Terrell said:
Yeah, because not taking the company's words at face value really worked out for all the people who hoped for MGS4 on 360 after contradictory circumstantial evidence kept piling up. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, how many times do we have to learn this lesson the hard way, people?

Looks like you have not really learned judging by those MGS4 comments.

Since it was announced exclusive for Wii this game shot up on my most wanted list. The second it goes multiplatform it will officially suck and will promptly go down to number 2.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
evilromero said:
Since it was announced exclusive for Wii this game shot up on my most wanted list. The second it goes multiplatform it will officially suck and will promptly go down to number 2.
:lol

Terrell

Luckyman said:
Looks like you have not really learned judging by those MGS4 comments.
How's that? In both situations, people aren't listening to the company making the game and are propping up circumstantial evidence to make the company look like liars and that a port is inevitable. Exact same situation. So you can understand that, after all the bans people got for the MGS4 rumor-churning, it baffles me that people are doing the exact same thing here. It wouldn't even surprise me if some of them were the same people, either.

Tenbatsu said:
Official name is something like Rockman 9: Revival of the Wild Ambition and it appears that there will be a black rockman other than the normal blue colour.
Isn't there always a black armor variant from one of the bosses? Or do you mean skin color?

Tenbatsu

Metal Gear?! said:
Isn't there always a black armor variant from one of the bosses? Or do you mean skin color?
It doesnt seem to be a power up from the bosses as the black Rockman appears to be following the original Rockman around.

Tenbatsu said:
It doesnt seem to be a power up from the bosses as the black Rockman appears to be following the original Rockman around.

Maybe it's a power up ala the Phantom Double from Ninja Gaiden II?

RagnarokX

Tenbatsu said:
Perhaps you can download friend ghosts and race them through the levels.

Ah well, it isn't exclusive, but Mega Man 1 and 2 are coming to the Virtual Console:

Additionally, we've got some news to report. First, Capcom has confirmed to IGN that Mega Man 1 and 2 will be coming to the Virtual Console soon. And second, Mega Man 9 will also release for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network respectively.

IGN: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/888/888041p1.html

evilromero said:

:lol :lol

RagnarokX

Notorious_Roy said:
Ah well, it isn't exclusive, but Mega Man 1 and 2 are coming to the Virtual Console:

Additionally, we've got some news to report. First, Capcom has confirmed to IGN that Mega Man 1 and 2 will be coming to the Virtual Console soon. And second, Mega Man 9 will also release for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network respectively.

IGN: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/888/888041p1.html
Yes, this was already announced in the IGN MM9 Trailer thread.

RagnarokX said:
Yes, this was already announced in the IGN MM9 Trailer thread.
Well, then there shouldn't be so many MM9 threads. I did a search and found the announcement thread. And the thread where it said it would be multiplatform and I found this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom