• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

Chao

Cronen said:
New songs confirmed:

Steve Miller Band - The Joker
Interpol - Obstacle 1
The Doors - Light My Fire
Linkin Park - In The End

Michael Jackson - Beat It
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings

As well as confirmed artists, but their songs unkown

Nirvana
Muse
Beastie Boys
Van Halen
Foo Fighters

Link removed because of scans (Sorry!)

Don't think it is old, but if it is, sorry!

Ahahahaha, this is gonna be fun.

I AM JOHN! said:
The Doors didn't have a bassist until Morrison Hotel. :|

I was joking bass players in GH barely have to do anything anyway

sneaky77 said:
I kinda wanted a Linkin Park song from their last cd.. but oh well, lol at least is not a repeat with RB2

In The End is pretty awful though. So is One Step Closer, but I don't know...In The End may be the most evil of evils.

XShagrath

dork said:
I'm leaning towards me being 99% right :)

He said the track creator is really really hard. But you do get an achievement for creating a song and playing it :)

This just means people are going to have to wade through fucktons of shit tracks in order to find that diamond. People will make the easiest and shittiest track they can if there's an achievement for it.

This is the one thing I figured Neversoft would do that would completely destroy any credibility that their music creator had.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
I was joking bass players in GH barely have to do anything anyway

In The End is pretty awful though. So is One Step Closer, but I don't know...In The End may be the most evil of evils.

In the end is not that bad, but then again I like their stuff and saw them in concert last week, they are far better live... but for a music game I think their last cd is their best work musically so far. GH3 had a song from minutes to midnight as DLC so I was hoping lol..

XShagrath said:
This just means people are going to have to wade through fucktons of shit tracks in order to find that diamond. People will make the easiest and shittiest track they can if there's an achievement for it.

This is the one thing I figured Neversoft would do that would completely destroy any credibility that their music creator had.

Everybody is going to make a track though. It's a feature in the game you can expect most people to try. Besides, making a song doesn't = uploading a song.

sneaky77

XShagrath said:

You can rate songs, and you cannot upload more than 5 unless you have a perfect rating, then they will allow to upload more.

XShagrath

TheGreatDave said:
Everybody is going to make a track though. It's a feature in the game you can expect most people to try. Besides, making a song doesn't = uploading a song.
Unless there are achievements for uploading a song, or uploading 5 songs, or getting a 5-star rating. In any of those cases, people will do things just for the achievement points. They'll spam their friends list and forums with "rate/play my song so that I can get points." It's a horrible idea.

I don't expect more than 2% of the user-base to actually put much effort into a song. Maybe some of the ScoreHero crowd and some other scattered groups, but I'd wager that most of the songs are going to be pretty assy.

XShagrath said:
Unless there are achievements for uploading a song, or uploading 5 songs, or getting a 5-star rating. In any of those cases, people will do things just for the achievement points. They'll spam their friends list and forums with "rate/play my song so that I can get points." It's a horrible idea.

I don't expect more than 2% of the user-base to actually put much effort into a song. Maybe some of the ScoreHero crowd and some other scattered groups, but I'd wager that most of the songs are going to be pretty assy.

I can apply that to anything. From LBP to YouTube. For me the music studio is most appealing for me, as a not musican, to be able to try and make some cool sounding shit. I just bought the Korg DS software to that end, and I'm looking forward to GH:WT for that purpose. Not to necessarily play shit some other guy made, although that is a nice feature.

XShagrath

TheGreatDave said:
I can apply that to anything. From LBP to YouTube. For me the music studio is most appealing for me, as a not musican, to be able to try and make some cool sounding shit. I just bought the Korg DS software to that end, and I'm looking forward to GH:WT for that purpose. Not to necessarily play shit some other guy made, although that is a nice feature.
Well, hopefully there will be lots of options to filter through the muck. Otherwise, trying to find someone's masterpiece is going to be insanely hard.

XShagrath said:
Well, hopefully there will be lots of options to filter through the muck. Otherwise, trying to find someone's masterpiece is going to be insanely hard.

It sounds like they're doing all they can. They have a Neversoft pick's section apparently, an update a week of that alone should keep things fresh.

God damn it they did it with Weezer in III now they're doing it with Interpol. Cherry picking my favorite fucking jams.

OH GUITAR HERO

*shakes fist*

Johnkers

In The End isn't nearly as cool as CRAWWWWWLLLLLLLINNNNN

But thank fucking god for Interpol confirmation. Now release Evil, Slow Hands and Heinrich Maneuver as DLC

No6

XShagrath said:

They could attach 10 different achievements that could be obnoxiously spammed and it'll stop mattering by the time 2009 rolls around (which is also around the time that I'd expect anyone with talent to actually produce a good song).

Belgand

I seriously wouldn't trust this "confirmation". I saw the scans while they were still up. This is just a puff piece by Stuff magazine that essentially says "Hey, remember Guitar Hero? They've added some new instruments to it. Oh and we hear these songs are going to be in it." They put int a tiny box saying that it's not a rip-off of Rock Band for what are largely unspecified reasons and then include a tiny sidebar listing some of the changes for Rock Band 2.

The problem is that at least two of the songs they list as only having an artist confirmed have confirmed songs ("Hot for Teacher" and IIRC "Everlong" was demoed at E3). This along with how unlikely it is that Stuff has managed to get exclusive information or somehow scoop the gaming press (when they can't even get information that anyone watching a few trailers already has) makes me doubt everything sourced from this confirmation.

It might be true, but I seriously wouldn't get my hopes up. This seems like the very definition of unreliable.

sneaky77

Belgand said:
It might be true, but I seriously wouldn't get my hopes up. This seems like the very definition of unreliable.

You don't think that Neversoft would have given them the information? they have to get it from somewhere

Belgand said:
I seriously wouldn't trust this "confirmation". I saw the scans while they were still up. This is just a puff piece by Stuff magazine that essentially says "Hey, remember Guitar Hero? They've added some new instruments to it. Oh and we hear these songs are going to be in it." They put int a tiny box saying that it's not a rip-off of Rock Band for what are largely unspecified reasons and then include a tiny sidebar listing some of the changes for Rock Band 2.

The problem is that at least two of the songs they list as only having an artist confirmed have confirmed songs ("Hot for Teacher" and IIRC "Everlong" was demoed at E3). This along with how unlikely it is that Stuff has managed to get exclusive information or somehow scoop the gaming press (when they can't even get information that anyone watching a few trailers already has) makes me doubt everything sourced from this confirmation.

It ties in too well with what we've heard for me to dismiss it. Plus it says we're not getting Today again, which means I'll blind myself to logic.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
GNR seem like a strange omission. Paradise City, guys! Get on it!

And why not November Rain? No room for the "unnecessarily over the top
yet still kinda awesome
helicopter shot" camera for the solo?

"Belgand later wished for a full album download of The Spaghetti Incident?. This was unwise."

DGRP

Much like Jimi Hendrix, virtual recreations of Ozzy Osbourne and guitarist Zakk Wylde will appear in the multi-instrument music title Guitar Hero World Tour, according to USA Today.

More importantly, the game is said to sport the following tracks from the bat-biting rock star:

* "Crazy Train"
* "Mr. Crowley"

Here.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
I think we'll all be OK if we go another 5 years or so without hearing November Rain again.

But it's so over-the-top it's almost to Meatloaf levels. What about the moment in the video where Slash walks out and is like "Just a sec, I've gotta go play a ludicrously shot guitar solo outside"?

Speaking of which, maybe a little Meatloaf wouldn't be a bad addition.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
image-o-matic.x

FUCKING Awesome :lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Mo-capping Ozzy is a waste of money, they could have just mo-capped somebody's grandmother at a nursing home and got the same effect

Prezhulio

dave is ok said:
Mo-capping Ozzy is a waste of money, they could have just mo-capped somebody's grandmother at a nursing home and got the same effect

if somebody's grandmother was mo capped biting the head off of a bat, then yes.

Belgand

Prezhulio said:
if somebody's grandmother was mo capped biting the head off of a bat, then yes.

But will activating star power allow me to piss on the Alamo? This is an essential feature!

Top Bottom